Brazilian Straightener/ Relaxer

cubanit

Thanks sistaslick for talking since into me. I have the bad habit of being a little to spontaneous when it comes to my precious hairs.:rolleyes:
And boyyy was I daydreaming about this one.

MzPrince

Have you guys heard of this? My sister's best friend has had it done twice at a salon here in Atlanta by a Brazilian guy. Her hair is BEAUTIFUL, even before this, but it is really straight now. The thing is, she says when she washes it, it's back normal. The guy applies this 'solution' to her hair, blows it dry and then she can't wash/manipulate or 'sweat in her head/scalp' for a week. A week after the application , she comes back in, he washes it out, blows her and that's it. It's BONE straight, but still thick. Her hair is about mid back and it's unbelievable. Anyone heard of this, had it done? Pros/Cons. I'm considering doing it. Oh yeah, it's $300 or more. The second 'treatment' is in 3 months, then +6 months, then + 9 months, etc.

I have a friend that had this done too by a Brazilian guy in ATL and she explained the exact same thing to me about not doing anything to the hair for a week. Her hair is also pretty. Must be the same guy.

chicago1975

Has anyone moved forward on this product? I ask because I am confilicted about whether or not I should become a sales rep for this product. I have an interview for this company next Friday and I'm just not sure. I don't want to sale something that is going to hurt my people just for a few dollars. :nono:

aloof one

So if relaxers were permanent color...

this would be more like a rinse...:perplexed

300 bucks for that? lol... I got a CHI iron for half that price and no formaldehyde. If I wanted permanent straightness I guess I'd just fully relax instead of this too. I want to see if anyone has done it though. I guess if the results are phenomenal I would be more curious... But then again if you are wearing a mask to do my hair I'm still gonna have to opt out

brittanynic16

Still have it. Still love it. Still works. The only thing I don't do is leave the product in for days. I just wash it out when I am done. I don't notice any difference in the results.

PS I do the treatment myself at home.

chicago1975

Still have it. Still love it. Still works. The only thing I don't do is leave the product in for days. I just wash it out when I am done. I don't notice any difference in the results.

thank you brittany!

as mentioned before im on the fence about my interview next week, the mixed reviews got me thinking twice. im glad the product is working for you and appreciate the feedback.

would love to hear more from others.

SoCalli

I co-sign with this. I've tried the one with formaldehyde. The fumes are unbearable, but the results are fantastic. I'm currently experimenting with the Chocolate BKT that does not contain formaldehyde and does not straighten the hair. When this runs out, I will try the version that straightens the hair without formaldehyde. If I remember, I'll post a review. That won't be until a long time from now though.

Brittany, where do you get yours from? I usually get mine from ebay.

chicago1975

I co-sign with this. I've tried the one with formaldehyde. The fumes are unbearable, but the results are fantastic. I'm currently experimenting with the Chocolate BKT that does not contain formaldehyde and does not straighten the hair. When this runs out, I will try the version that straightens the hair without formaldehyde. If I remember, I'll post a review. That won't be until a long time from now though.

Brittany, where do you get yours from? I usually get mine from ebay.

Thank you foxxylisa for your reply and look foward to your results.

As mentioned, I have an upcoming interview with this company as a sales rep. Im not sure of all the particulars, however if I am hired I would be sure to post information about how to get this product at cheaper cost.
I'm glad to find out that this product comes without formaldehyde.

thanks again