Japanese Hair Straightener

KinksnCurlz

I been seriously considering this. Has anyone heard any negative effects of this esp. if your hair has been previously relaxed? The wife of a friend has had this done for years and she loves it and her hair was so thick and kinky (those are her exact words) before she got it done. She gets touch-ups every 3 months. The cost is between $180 - $300. What are your thoughts on this process? Thanks in advance ladies.

Janice

Hey Caramel, I looked into it myself. Although it can be used on any hairtype, it has the most sucess with Asian unruly hair or caucasian hair. It will probably just texturized your hair considering if you are a 4a/b. And then they would have to get it straight by blowing it out.

Then again if You are an African -American with 2a/b or 3a hair it will work probably fine since those hair types are not as kinky or tightly curled.

I heard of a temporary chemical relaxer (yes I said temporary, lol) called Anti Rusk.

But if I were you I would be cautious about trying all these new product in the market. Seems like another Copa scam to me.

Anyhow to look up more info about that Japanese Relaxer go to hairboutique.com and run a search for it. There is only one salon in Manhattan that does this I believe.And it is legit but try to see some of there before and after pics of their black clients if you considering this. (I don't believe they offer free consultations)

Anyhow hope this helped,

Janice

iCandey

there is a thread on this that you should do a search on...it can damage some previously relaxed hair..i think it is only suggested for blacks with natural hair...

Lynn

I looked to it myself I called around to a few places in NY, NJ and cali and i heard the same thing black women should not get this process. it uses a lot of heat and in most case we can not handle the process. and the chemical that is used is the same type as a jerri curl and if your hair is relaxed it will fall out. From what i understand if you are a mixed race black women you can get it. the hair could handle the heat process better.
The whole process takes about four hours long and u should have someone to do it who has done over 150 heads that when the learning curve is over

karen

If your hair have already been relaxed, u absolutely cannot do this. The 2 chemical does not mix, your hair will break. I've relaxed my hair before (i'm not african by the way), but I hated how my hair is wavy so I relaxed it myself before, and after I got the Japanese straightening(thermal reconditiong), my hair is soo horrible that I wish I have my own natural hair back, it became kinky and break everywhere. later when I search more about it, it's said that you cannot do it if your hair has been relaxed because the chemical of the relaxer combine with the other one will cause damaged, unfortunately I didn't know about it until later. So I hope you don't do, the reason why alot of stylist that does this procedure does not recommend doing it on african hair is because almost all african women have used relaxer, so if a african women's hair has not been relaxed at all, then I'm pretty sure it can be done.

karen

karen

Oh one more thing. I got this done last year and after a year my hair grew about 7 or so inches, so I cut off all the damaged hair and have only new growth without relaxer or anything and I got the japanese straightening again recently this year and it went pretty well, my hair become smoother and straighter and not that dry or damaged that much. Oh another thing, it's not a good idea either if your hair has been bleached alot, coloring a couple of times is okay.

karen