brastrap to waist length ladies... layers or not?

If your hair is brastrap or longer, do you have layers?

• Yes, I have layers and I love them!

Votes: 24 36.4%
  • Yes, I have layers and I wish I would have never gotten them.

Votes: 10 15.2%
  • No, I don't have layers. I love my hair all one length!

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • No, I don't have layers. But I'm getting bored with my hair all one length!

Votes: 11 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ChristmasCarol

BTW, beautiful hair!

I bumped this thread because I'm thinking of getting layers. I can get rid of some of the relaxed ends in front that way...

StarScream35

If you are gonna wear your hair straight I wouldn't recommend layers but for things like Dominican blowouts, layers look fab! Keep in mind layers may get frustrating when you are trying to grow them out!

ChristmasCarol

If you are gonna wear your hair straight I wouldn't recommend layers but for things like Dominican blowouts, layers look fab! Keep in mind layers may get frustrating when you are trying to grow them out!

Brighteyes35

ITA, which is why I would only get long layers. I had them in the past, and they grew out fairly quickly.

mst1908

My hair is about an 1 1/2 below BSL and it was all the same length. My roller sets would like nice but the curls would drop because my hair was the same length. My mom suggested that I get a nice layered cut. For Thanksgiving I got a nice layered cut. The layers start a little below my cheek bones and go down. My roller sets now are FABULOUS! It comes out like the lady hair on Charlie's Angels! I still have my long hair now its just more life to it. Layers are the way to go!!

Sent from my Droid

blackpearl81

BSL with subtle layers and I love them. Once I reach my midback goal, the plan is to get long layers. I personally think that layers add variety to ur styles

mst1908

Thank you for your input! mst1908

Do you happen to know how many different layers you now have?

Did you get the back layered the same way?

TIA

I'm not really sure but I know the layers start by framing my face at my cheekbones and gradually go down to BSL.

Sent from my Droid

mst1908

Yes, I have deep layers throughout my hair. The layers start by framing my face at my cheekbones and gradually go down to BSL. I plan to get my hair layered once a year as my hair continue to grow.

Sent from my Droid

Sent from my Droid

mst1908

mst1908

Is your avi pic before or after the layers?

Sorry so many ???s

No problem, my avatar pic is about 2 years old. By I think I had lite layers back then but its hard to tell because my is curly in the picture. The next time I roller set my hair I'll try to take a good picture & post it.

Sent from my Droid

NikkiGirl

I would only do the layers if you plan on having a curly bouncy look the majority of the time...otheriwse they look choppy and thin on super sleek hair...well to me anyway.

Orrrrrrrr why dont you slightly layer the front only and leave the back blunt...it would frame your face really well :yep:

This! I like layers in the front only. So basically around hair below the ears would be blunt and then long layers in the front. I have my hair cut like this before and it looks nice without sacrificing the length!

Ms. Tiki

Before I hit BSL I hated my layers and couldn't wait to have my hair evened out. Now that my hair has a little length I'm loving the layers and will keep them. I don't know why I was tripping b/c all of the wigs I buy have layered cuts. I have wig that's even and I rarely wear her. The only thing I will keep doing is cutting off my V. I hate that thing with a passion!!! The pic in siggy are my natural layers without the V and I'm feeling it right now.

classoohfive

Before I hit BSL I hated my layers and couldn't wait to have my hair evened out. Now that my hair has a little length I'm loving the layers and will keep them. I don't know why I was tripping b/c all of the wigs I buy have layered cuts. I have wig that's even and I rarely wear her. The only thing I will keep doing is cutting off my V. I hate that thing with a passion!!! The pic in siggy are my natural layers without the V and I'm feeling it right now.

I love the look in your siggy, that's how I want my hair cut (plus the thickness you have).

Janet'

I looooveee layers :love: :love2: :love3: and as soon as I reach my goal length, I am doing sharp, fierce layers!!!

candy626

I layered the front part of my hair (the part from the back of my ears to my hairline) in fall 2010 because it was thinning and heat damaged. Since then I have somewhat maintained it. I like having some of my hair frame my face since I have a heart shaped face so it works just fine for me. Plus the bulk of it is mostly one length, so it's kind of the best of both worlds.

I am not a fan of super dramatic layers though (think 90's style layers that are very choppy). I like longer soft layers with long bangs.

Straight blunt hair looks great on certain people but kind of boring and heavy on others. It tends to look best on hair that's not longer then bsl.

Aggie

I layered the front part of my hair (the part from the back of my ears to my hairline) in fall 2010 because it was thinning and heat damaged. Since then I have somewhat maintained it. I like having some of my hair frame my face since I have a heart shaped face so it works just fine for me. Plus the bulk of it is mostly one length, so it's kind of the best of both worlds.

I am not a fan of super dramatic layers though (think 90's style layers that are very choppy). I like longer soft layers with long bangs.

Straight blunt hair looks great on certain people but kind of boring and heavy on others. It tends to look best on hair that's not longer then bsl.

Totally agree with the bolded for my hair. I couldn't have put it better myself even if I tried:yep:. I guess because I have never had hair longer than BSL, this is all I ever did and it looked fine on me.