brastrap to waist length ladies... layers or not?

If your hair is brastrap or longer, do you have layers?

• Yes, I have layers and I love them!

Votes: 24 36.4%
  • Yes, I have layers and I wish I would have never gotten them.

Votes: 10 15.2%
  • No, I don't have layers. I love my hair all one length!

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • No, I don't have layers. But I'm getting bored with my hair all one length!

Votes: 11 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Caramela

I keep seeing these beautiful pictures of long hair with layers... My hair is long but it's all one length for the most part. Someone told me that anyone with hair that long shouldn't cut layers into their hair, but ... it seems to look so nice in the magazines.
So I ask you, long haired ladies, if your hair is brastrap or longer, do you or don't you have layers?

joshlyn

all one length reporting in!
However, in 2 wks i'm contemplating layers!!!
i'll keep watch to see what everyone thinks.

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
It depends.
If you plan on wearing it down and curly I would vote for layers, otherwise it tends to get too bulky/pyramid look.
If you mostly wear it straight I prefer the blunt cut. :)

myco

I would like layers, but I don't want my hair to look thin on the ends. I like the layered looks where the hair is really full on the ends and the ends look kind of like they are stacked. I don't really know how to explain it. When the hair is hanging straight down, you can't really see the layers - but as soon as the hair starts mvoing . . .

seeminglysweet

Right now I am all one length, I've had layers and LOVED them!
I will get layers again some day, no time soon. This is really the first time in my adult life that I haven't had layers so I think I will ride it out for a while

Lovelylocs

I :love: the look of long layers, but I think that you have to go to someone who is really skilled at cutting or else it can look a mess.

KhandiB

Yes Lawd, I wont do them myself..

I like to wear my hair out, I LOVE layers, I think they are sexy when done right :)

Lovelylocs said:
I :love: the look of long layers, but I think that you have to go to someone who is really skilled at cutting or else it can look a mess.

amy1234

well...I've been experimenting with layers by using the clip-in extentions and I love the way it looks! I've always wanted it to be blunt but I think that the layers add a nice flair to give a complete look. :)

KiniKakes

Layers look so gorgeous on long hair.... i am contemplating this myself, once my hair reaches a certain length.

Ayeshia

I would only do the layers if you plan on having a curly bouncy look the majority of the time...otheriwse they look choppy and thin on super sleek hair...well to me anyway.

Orrrrrrrr why dont you slightly layer the front only and leave the back blunt...it would frame your face really well :yep:

Ayeshia

Oh and Caramela when are you gonna post pics? I wanna see. Your hair was gorgeous the last time I saw it which was like ummmm 3 years ago haha :lol:

Caramela

Ayeshia said:
Oh and Caramela when are you gonna post pics? I wanna see. Your hair was gorgeous the last time I saw it which was like ummmm 3 years ago haha :lol:

I actually used to have my exboyfriend take my hair pics... when we broke up... no more hair pics :lol: Now I have a fiance who will gladly take the hair pics, so I will gt right on that, lady :grin:

J

JenniferMD

Caramela said:
I actually used to have my exboyfriend take my hair pics... when we broke up... no more hair pics :lol: Now I have a fiance who will gladly take the hair pics, so I will gt right on that, lady :grin:

YAY!!! I've been a big secret fan of your hair Caramela! I can't wait to see your pictures!

locabouthair

i think layers are sooo beautiful. they give hair some pizazz. i say go for it especially if you want a different look and you want to wear curls often. i think they look best with curl to it. if i had long hair i would get them in a heartbeat. lauren450 has beautiful layers. if you get layers make sure you post some pics. :)

Last edited:

Ayeshia

JenniferMD said:
YAY!!! I've been a big secret fan of your hair Caramela! I can't wait to see your pictures!
yup when she was feature of the month like a gazillion years ago that curly spiral set that she had going on had me hooked :lol:

inthepink

I have layers now b/c my hair grew out that way as I transitioned. They were starting to grow out and a stupid stylist cut more pronounced layers into my hair! I want them to grow out. I like my hair all one length b/c it is easier for me to maintain that way and I like the look of blunt, full ends.

Southernbella.

locabouthair said:
i think layers are sooo beautiful. they give hair some pizazz. i say go for it especially if you want a different look and you want to wear curls often. i think they look best with curl to it. if i had long hair i would get them in a heartbeat. lauren450 has beautiful layers. if you get layers make sure you post some pics. :)

Thank you!

I would only do the layers if you plan on having a curly bouncy look the majority of the time...otheriwse they look choppy and thin on super sleek hair...well to me anyway.

I agree with this. I wear my hair curled most of the time, but when I do want to wear it straight, it doesn't look quite as full. I'm not going to cut my hair even, but if the layers start catching up to the bottom, I think I'm going to let them.

Lucia

I had layers and hated them every step of the way, b/c they took forever to grow out, be careful cause sometimes stylists layer your hair by cutting into the thckness in the back and thinning your hair. I now have 2 layers left or angles the front is a little shorter than the back where it's grown into a V-shape. I want a u-shape or blunt, like you have, IMO don't do it. I've read that layers slow down growth if your going for superlong lengthsGeroge Micheal of the longhair salons aid this- best to get your goal length 1st then layers.

Last edited:

dynamic1

I voted, yes and I love them. Really, I just learned to live with them. :)
My mini-chops resulted in layers and since this is how my hair grows naturally, I accept it.

Peachtree

I have layers because of the way my natural hair grew in.
But as soon as I reach a certain length, I'm chopping straight across, for a blunt cut! I'll lose my nape (bs) length, but oh well! ((( & I can't wait!!!)

Boujoichic

I have layers my hair is fine so I think layers help it look thicker and give it some body. Also I wear a side part I have some face framing layers that flatter my face and help
To cover a lil of my five head lol.
Sent from my ADR6400L using ADR6400L

Curlykale

I have a "U shape with subtle layers on the ends only", which I call "rounded U shape". I did it when I chopped my processed hair, loosing quite a bit of length (I went from shoulder to neck length in the back) at the very start, but I wanted a haircut that would allow me to just search and destroy for the next 10 years. It wasn't too fancy while my hair was shorter but it started to look great at shoulder (shoulder to armpit) length. (I always wear my hair curly and in braidouts/twist outs, I chopped when I could make a tiny tucked in ponytail/ aka bun and I bunned all the time for the first year).

First, I followed a U shape and then I basically shaped my ends only, not my whole head, meaning that there aren't big gaps between one layer and the other. The "rounded U shape" gives a nice fullness to the ends, even now that my hair has grown it doesn't lay flat there. I really like it.

Last edited:

I like a little bit of layering. I have a few layers in the back n then some face framing ones in front
As you can see from my siggy they fan out just right when dancing in Cabo San Lucas. On a side note there's about 5 in of snow here this am in dreary Cleveland. :(

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF