Human hair braids

H

HoneyRockette

I have individual box braids with human wet and wavy hair. Every time I wash they slip more and more. I planned to leave them in for three months but I don't think I am going to make it. Has anyone here successfully had human hair braids in for three months without braids slipping out? Can they even stay in that long? I am looking in your direction Faith. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

A

AmilLion

When I used to wear braids, they would knot the ends. Honey, I don't think there's nothing you can really do to prevent them from unraveling and slipping. Sorry.

JerseyGirl

This happen to me on two occasions. The reasons why - I had a relaxer put in prior to the braiding. My hair began to slip and within three weeks I had to take them out. I agree with Amillion. There is nothing you can do. The third time I got braids I did not perm my hair for 14 weeks and then I got it braided it last three months.

Question:

Did you perm your hair prior to getting the braids?

Faith

Goodness, I haven't used human hair in over a year. But because my hair is natural I didn't have a problem really with slippage. Some did slip (this was after a month) but the majority didn't. Plus, if a few individual ones got a bit loose I redid them. If you don't braid yourself then you may have a problem..maybe wash every 2 weeks then.

H

HoneyRockette

Oh fiddlesticks! /images/graemlins/mad.gif I did have an inch of new growth before braids, but I guess that isn't enough to keep them from slipping. My last relaxer was in August. The top of my hair is knotted but it doesn't seem to be keeping them in any better. I will just push my washings back to every two weeks and get synthetic hair next time. I can't braid my own hair very well. I mean they would all slip out if I did them myself. I can't braid tight. Maybe I should just leave them in for two months instead of three. Rats! So much for my plan. Thanks all.

Drea84

/images/graemlins/grin.gif Hi HRockette,
I just came out of a three monte braid regime! Ummm braid slippage will happen time to time depending on 1)how much you was the braids and 2) how you wash the braids.
I washed my braids every two weeks and had minor slippage with each wash. HTH /images/graemlins/smirk.gif