Den1 Questions about your rebraiding method...

rosie

Okay, lady. I have gone to your album. I like the rebraiding technique that you do with the removing and rebraiding of your box braids...

How long do you wear/rebraid the box braids before you take them out all together?

Do you wear them for 2 months like the C&G method of wearing extensions?

How does it help to cut down on breakage?

Do you do the take down, comb out, rebraid after you CW your hair? How long after?

Just curious.

Your hair looks great.

Nanyanika

rosie said:
Okay, lady. I have gone to your album. I like the rebraiding technique that you do with the removing and rebraiding of your box braids...

How long do you wear/rebraid the box braids before you take them out all together?

Do you wear them for 2 months like the C&G method of wearing extensions?

How does it help to cut down on breakage?

Do you do the take down, comb out, rebraid after you CW your hair? How long after?

Just curious.

Your hair looks great.
Almost had a heart attack!! seeing my name like that lol

i usually wear them 3-4 weeks before rebraiding. i don't wear them for two month straight because my hair would matte, causing breakage. My technique lessens demarcation breakage and manipulation because 1. i always coat hair generoulsy with my homemade detangler, this immediately moistens hair and prevents breakage from dryness. 2. i remove braids individually, detangle them individually using fingers first to separate and comb through with my k-cutter individually. after rebraiding whole head i either cw or shampoo/deep condition. some people may think this is lazy way of doing things but it works for me because i don't lose tons of hair everytime. I hope i've answered your questions thoroughly and thanks for the compliment girl.

Mahalialee4

Den 1: I am understanding that you 1. You detangle with something like a prepoo product that detangles it.....finger comb, braid it back up wait until all hair braided back up before you shampoo....if that is the case, it sure is a lot easier and I can see where you would lose a lot less hair. Thanks a million. Bonjour

rosie

Okay, now I understand.

Yep, that sounds like it would work really well at not breaking your hair. I might try that with my daughter's hair this summer.

I wonder if it will work on shorter hair that is in smaller braids than yours.

Your explanation was great.

thanks a lot.

Nanyanika

Mahalialee4 said:
Den 1: I am understanding that you 1. You detangle with something like a prepoo product that detangles it.....finger comb, braid it back up wait until all hair braided back up before you shampoo....if that is the case, it sure is a lot easier and I can see where you would lose a lot less hair. Thanks a million. Bonjour
Hi girl that's right its a bit like a pre-poo product, this is exactly why i shed and break less.

Nanyanika

rosie said:
Okay, now I understand.

Yep, that sounds like it would work really well at not breaking your hair. I might try that with my daughter's hair this summer.

I wonder if it will work on shorter hair that is in smaller braids than yours.

Your explanation was great.

thanks a lot.
Girl i only wish i new this method before i would have more hair on my head lol. good-luck with this method. I'm sure it would work incredibly work also on hair shorter and brtaided smaller than mine.

Miz_Complexity

den1 said:
Almost had a heart attack!! seeing my name like that lol

i usually wear them 3-4 weeks before rebraiding. i don't wear them for two month straight because my hair would matte, causing breakage. My technique lessens demarcation breakage and manipulation because 1. i always coat hair generoulsy with my homemade detangler, this immediately moistens hair and prevents breakage from dryness. 2. i remove braids individually, detangle them individually using fingers first to separate and comb through with my k-cutter individually. after rebraiding whole head i either cw or shampoo/deep condition. some people may think this is lazy way of doing things but it works for me because i don't lose tons of hair everytime. I hope i've answered your questions thoroughly and thanks for the compliment girl.

I am in the C&G challenge. I usually redo my braids ever 3-4 weeks as well. I redo the front and the back and around the ears. I use s-curl moisturizer and infusion daily, this helps control the breakage. I wash once a week.

I take the braid out with my fingers then I comb. This helps loosen up the build up, that way you don't loose alot of hair.