Braids Question.

-Love Love*

So I know you're supposed to wash your hair once a week with braids. I have braids with curly ends and if they get wet, the curls will fall and it'll look a MESS. How do I get my....[ scalp I guess] without gettings the lengths wet?

half.cadence

I would put my hair into two sections, dilute some shampoo in an applicator bottle then shampoo my scalp that way. rinse the same way. I never got my length wet.

eta. I would wash over the tub..so the water would drain forward..

Nonie

What type of hair did you use (human or synthetic) and why do you think the curls will fall off? I ask because even synthetic wigs have washing directions that state what you need to do in order not to lose the curls.

There are people who do the "no shampoo" routine so if you do a search, you may see what they do and perhaps adopt that. Other people use I think sea breeze. Otherwise I personally think there has to be a way to wash your hair. And if the curls drop, I'm sure you can set them either with hot water or the curls will return if you don't manipulate your hair. If the hair is human hair, then you have nothing to worry about as a curling iron will do the trick.

lilsparkle825

I've never had that happen. If the curls DID drop, I just re-rodded them and dipped them, assuming you are using synthetic hair.