ORS herbal cleanse for braids

Sunnrayy

Hello ladies,

Quick question. Just got some box braids yesterday and I am loving them:grin::grin:

Just wondering about washing the braids. I have received different opinions about washing braids. One opinion is that i should focus on keeping my scalp clean with ORS herbal cleanse for braids(a dry shampoo) or seabreeze and just sponge clean the braids in a downward motion because full on washing would make the braids look unsightly and might mat my hair underneath.

The other is I should wash them at least once a week to keep them clean and moisturized.

Have any of you ladies had braids for about 4weeks or more and just used the herbal scalp cleanser by ORS? Have any of you did the no washing thing when it came to braids and still achieved growth? Thanks in advance

maleucia

Have any of you ladies had braids for about 4weeks or more and just used the herbal scalp cleanser by ORS? Have any of you did the no washing thing when it came to braids and still achieved growth? Thanks in advance

I'm about to take down my 6 week old braids tomorrow. I have been washing with diluted shampoo every couple of days because I've been exercising. The braids have been looking a HAM for the past week and a half, but I've been pulling them back into a bun so I didn't look too ridiculous. Before LHCF I did not wash my braids and my hair grew well, just not as fast. Today was the first time a braid slipped out after the wash and the hair was only slightly tangled at the root and NO buildup.

I did not know about the scalp cleanser. I will try next that when I go back in braids.

Sunnrayy

I'm about to take down my 6 week old braids tomorrow. I have been washing with diluted shampoo every couple of days because I've been exercising. The braids have been looking a HAM for the past week and a half, but I've been pulling them back into a bun so I didn't look too ridiculous. Before LHCF I did not wash my braids and my hair grew well, just not as fast. Today was the first time a braid slipped out after the wash and the hair was only slightly tangled at the root and NO buildup.

I did not know about the scalp cleanser. I will try next that when I go back in braids.

Thanks maleucia for your response:yep:

bumping for more responses:look: