Braiding for winter

FemmeCreole

Island Gyal
I've decided to braid my hair for the next few months. I guess I'll do that as a protective style for the winter. I'm enjoying my hair right now but I don't want the cold weather to damage my hair. How many inches can I expect per month with the braids?

I think i'm with you on that one...i've been shying away from braids since i let someone practice braiding on my hair :nono:. but with the rate at which the winter is battering my hair already, i think id go to a professional and get it done in about a week :rolleyes:

You'd probably still get the same growth rate, if you keep everything you are doing now. The main change would be that you could possibly retain more length due to the lack of heat, and low manipulation

HTH :)

I got it braided on Friday. The braider did not pull on my hair so my hairline is relaxed. I also use Dr. Miracles temple and nape balm twice daily and I have an olive oil moisturizer spraying on my scalp.

Attachments

• PIC-0089.jpg
    PIC-0089.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 21
i just got mine braided too. i feel some pulling though in some areas, like where she parted it in the front, maybe ill get some profective healthy edges or whatever it's called. also im planning on using a growth aide but im expecting an inch a month at least, and i will be very disappointed if that's not what i get!!!, unless it's more of course:grin:

I'm with you with this. I got mine done 2 weeks ago and there was no tention at all. I'll be using a variety of things throughout the winter to aid in growth. For now, I've been using the Dr. Miracles Hot Grow Feel It Formula (or something like that) and the braids at the top of my hair have already began to lift. I'm natural and miss washing my hair e/o day but I don't want to wash for fear of the fuzzies. I've gotta make my $150 investment last for at least a month! So I'll get these redone in 6 weeks (hopefully I can last that long) and wear braids until Spring (April). I BC'd in May with 1/4 of an inch of hair so I'm hoping by my one year nappiversary I can at least put my hair in a puff. Albeit a teeny one. (wink)

I just permed my hair a few weeks ago so I am going to stretch until december and then I going get fake braids put in and keep them for as long as possible... take them out and either get new braids or wait a week and then perm again..depending on how feel

I'm with you with this. I got mine done 2 weeks ago and there was no tention at all. I'll be using a variety of things throughout the winter to aid in growth. For now, I've been using the Dr. Miracles Hot Grow Feel It Formula (or something like that) and the braids at the top of my hair have already began to lift. I'm natural and miss washing my hair e/o day but I don't want to wash for fear of the fuzzies. I've gotta make my $150 investment last for at least a month! So I'll get these redone in 6 weeks (hopefully I can last that long) and wear braids until Spring (April). I BC'd in May with 1/4 of an inch of hair so I'm hoping by my one year nappiversary I can at least put my hair in a puff. Albeit a teeny one. (wink)
like I need to go get that product :grin: I'm natural too...I bc'd in July....I get my hair in a puff already. I can wait to see how much growth I'll have in a month.

Back