Airdry throughout the winter?

BabyShaq

If so, how does your hair hold up in the cold weather? Any tips or tools of the trade for those seeking to start/continue airdrying through out the cold, winter months?

Thanks ladies! I look forward to your responses.

LadyZ

If so, how does your hair hold up in the cold weather? Any tips or tools of the trade for those seeking to start/continue airdrying through out the cold, winter months?

I am no pro, but I have to Airdry, once I am about 6 to 8 weeks post...
It does ok... The only thing I can say it MOISTURE, MOISTURE, MOISTURE, keep the hair well moisturized and sealed... Whatever products that work for you...
On days that I airdry, I let my hair dry about 80-90%, slather on more products, put hair in 2 Pocahontas(sp) pony tails, wrap hair in silk scarf, and by morning it's dry, I put in my hair ornaments and out the door with smooth, laid down, tamed hair :grin: ...

HTH...
Good Luck:yep:

tada1

You might want to do your airdrying in the evening when you are sure you wont be going out in the cold. Frozen hair isnt cute IMHO

1QTPie

Elder Sim
This will be my first winter in almost 10 year (relaxed and natural) of me leaving the house with my hair completely dry MOST of the time. I use to wash n go almost everyday. I've never had frozen hair, never got the sniffles, rode public transportation etc. The most I wore on my head was earmuffs.Or my scarf to cover my mouth so that I won't breath in other people's viruses.

When I was relaxed, I would just slick it back in a wet bun. Never had ANY issues. That was my method of straightening my hair with no heat. The next day, if my hair was dry I would just bump my ends with a curling iron. Repeat the process every 4-7 days.

BostonMaria

You might want to do your airdrying in the evening when you are sure you wont be going out in the cold. Frozen hair isnt cute IMHO

LMAO! :lachen:

I had to invest in a difuser last year because I was getting colds from wash and go's. Winters can be brutal here in Boston.

Filmatic

I agree with washing in the evening when you are done running around. My hair is always dry and ready in the morning. I may be able to switch to morning since I am in a warmer climate, but there is no way I could go out with a wet head in the morning in MN.

tthreat08

I will be airdrying in the evening. I usually was everyday....however I've since started washing conditioner washing a couple times a week and spritzing the ends every night and every morning.

Ballerina_Bun

What do you mean by hold up?

I always airdry. I start washing early in the day, so that it is dry by evening. I also let it airdry hanging down straight or wrapped in a towel for awhile, before putting it in ponytails or doing a ponytail rollerset.

If, for some reason I absolutely have to go out, I put on a plastic cap + a satin bonnet + one of my cute winter wool caps. Luckily, when it's winter and I do my hair, I plan on being in for the day or at least until evening when i know it will be at least 90% + dry.

TLC1020

I plan on airdrying my hair in the winter the same as I started a few weeks ago.. On wash day usually Sundays I get up early about 7am and wash my hair that way it has time to air dry freely throughout the day and it usually does. I only wash once a week and bun throughout the week until next wash day so air drying works for me that way...

empressri

I always wash on my days off where I know I won't have to go out the next day. Or I'll do it soon as I come home so I'll have some time before going to bed. That way it will be dry in the morning.