Bra-strap length 4b hair? Anyone?

Thanks for the words of encouragement from everyone. I think I'll try more moisturizing conditioners for now and try to keep my hands out of it. I also just purchased Profectiv Break-free, so hopefully that will help also.

HA STORM.........
I agree with you about the carrot oil.... it does wonders for my hair with split ends and breakage.
I love the Cream of Nature moisturizer!!!

Re: Bra-strap length 4b hair? Anyone?

No I just use CON and then I go over my scalp with the Oil growth recipe, then S-curl, WGO and Profective Anti-Breakage, then I do the ponytail method. When my hair is in braids I use a rinse I made up which has, S-curl, castor oil, the oil growth recipe and distilled water. I spray twice a day on my braids and wrap in a silk scarf at night.

I forgot to add, I have never ever had long hair. As a child my hair was very short, very dry and brittle. My mom and my aunts constantly burned it up with the hot comb. I had a next door neighbor give me a relaxer when I was 12 and I didn't have a clue how to take care of it. All my hair broke off in spots, I never washed it and was also swimming without washing or rinsing. My older play sister cut it all off and gave me a low afro, so at 13 I started school all jacked up for the new school year. Kids constantly teased me and called me "little hair on the prairie" and "baldy locks". I know, kids can be cruel. But I always wished I had healthy hair, and I can honestly say, I did about three times in my life. One was during the jheri curl days, and the other was pregnancy. Since being on this board my hair has done a 360 degree turn around. And I can assure you it's all owed to the advice I get here. Thanks ladies.

Ahhhhh the jheri curl days! That's the only other time I had hair past my ears! Isn't that a shame? lol! No...wait...I just remembered one other time when I wore my hair natural and used to go to this older hairdresser who used to press and curl my hair. Haven't been able to find another good stylist like her since then.

[ QUOTE ]
Overall my hair has changed in texture drastically, my natural ponytail went from 1 inch in November of 2002, to currently 7 inches. I also take Vitamin B to thicken it up. One day I will get up the nerve to post all my before and during and now pics, I take them but I just need to get the nerve to show.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am looking forward to seeing these pics Eliza!!!!
clap.gif

cry3.gif
YOU POOR BABY!!!!! Trust me i know your story. my momm wouldn't let me get a perm ( which in my head was the highht of beauty and would propel me in the land of the popular) and when she did it turned out looking like a bad texturzier which i had to grow out. they used to sing this song by this rapper that came out when i walked down the hall (" i rock ruff and stuff with my affro puffs . . .") i just wanted to die. another girl called me miss celie and would tell me " you sho is ugly". trust i know your pain!!! that's why i want my hair at least sholder length by graduation. revenge is dish best served cold!

Interesting...
scratchchin.gif

With the exception of MotownGrl and Monicurl, I seem to get the best tips and product rec's from women with relaxed hair...

I tried this stuff called Tate's that a lot of natural 4's on another board were raving about a while back. It felt like I put body lotion on my hair.
ohwell.gif

It turned out to be the most expensive shaving lotion I ever bought!
laugh.gif

Back