Boo Hoo Hoo...My Hair Isn't Growing!

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
:cry2: I've been using SURGE Plus 14 Hair Revitalizer now for 4 weeks pretty consistently and I haven't experienced any growth (that I see).

I am 3 weeks post-relaxer and started using SURGE 2 weeks before my touch-up and twice a day consistently since (my touch-up was 11/17/06).

My roots are just as silky as day one of my touch up! I expected some growth but nothing, nada! :perplexed

I am taking 2000 mg of MSM as well. Could it be that the MSM is making my new growth indistinguishable from my relaxed hair?

Comments and/or encouraging words needed here asap!

songbyrd517

There there January. I am sure your hair is growing some, and it very well might be the MSM. It is a lot harder for hair to stop growing than many people realize - it may just be growing slowly.

How exactly do you use your surge? Do you apply it more than once daily? If so, do you cleanse your scalp often? I have known it to cause build up on my scalp strangely enough from using it daily without cleansing my scalp more often, and this can possibly slow hair growth. I actually think the directions recommend frequent scalp cleansing while using the product.

Also, how is your diet and water intake? Make sure you drink enough water, and eat enough nourishing food.

Don't get discouraged. You'll overcome this hump. I promise :)

Last edited:

Radianthealth

Don't worry. Try to be creative and enjoy the process of growing out your hair. I like to buy nice accessories and do spa like treatments on my hair to take my mind off of the destination and just enjoy the ride. You don't have to look bad while growing out your hair, this board has tons of inspiration to spark your creativity when it comes to hair.

You will get there and I will say I told you so:D

Aubergold

Impossible sweetie, your hair is growing. Just breathe, stretch , shake and let it go. Keep doing what you're doing and take pictures!

JazzyDez

MSM does seem to make my NG grow in more wavy than usual.

I normally cant tell any new growth after a relaxer until maybe 3 weeks. It seems nothing for the longest then after a few weeks I just have a growth spurt:perplexed . I would say for you to just be patient. Now if you didnt have any new growth in 2 months post relaxer, then I would worry!

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
songbyrd517 said:
There there January. I am sure your hair is growing some, and it very well might be the MSM. It is a lot harder for hair to stop growing than many people realize - it may just be growing slowly.

How exactly do you use your surge? Do you apply it more than once daily? If so, do you cleanse your scalp often? I have known it to cause build up on my scalp strangely enough from using it daily without cleansing my scalp more often, and this can possibly slow hair growth. I actually think the directions recommend frequent scalp cleansing while using the product.

Also, how is your diet and water intake? Make sure you drink enough water, and eat enough nourishing food.

Don't get discouraged. You'll overcome this hump. I promise :)

Sniff, sniff, sniff Thaanks-tathanks Songbyrd, (sniffling and wiping away the tears)

I cowash my hair 2x week prior to Amla or Vatika prepoo and then deep condition with ORS Replenishing Pak. I shampoo with Creme of Nature at least 2x a month with deep conditioner. I eat healthy (no canned or frozen foods, no salt, no sugar, no added oil, consume poultry and fish and plenty of fruits and vegetables). I could do better with the water though (only drinking 32oz a day though I do try to drink more but it's hard at work 'cause I have to "go" too much during the day).

Thanks for the encouragement from all of you who responded! :kiss: I know my hair grows slowly but I am just impatient to feel my hair down my backside :) and have friends and family say "DANG, I didn't know your hair was soooooooo long!"

envybeauty

I feel the same way, but change takes time. Some people claim to get results in a matter of weeks. Others need more time. Your growth is not stunted. If your ends are healthy and thick, you will receive more praise than if your hair grows out with thin ends.

Keep the faith and patience.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
UPDATE! 1/2/07

My new growth has exploded! Maybe because I am extremely happy and attitude is EVERYTHING!

I am 6, going on 7 weeks post relaxer and my new growth is thick and nice! I am attempting to stretch for 11-12 weeks this time. Hold my hand ladies!... I need your support! WOO HOO! :woot:

asha

I am so glad that things are going well for you. Hang in there, 2007 is the year of growth :) !!

metro_qt

january noir said:
UPDATE! 1/2/07

My new growth has exploded! Maybe because I am extremely happy and attitude is EVERYTHING!

I am 6, going on 7 weeks post relaxer and my new growth is thick and nice! I am attempting to stretch for 11-12 weeks this time. Hold my hand ladies!... I need your support! WOO HOO! :woot:

Did you experience a growth 'spurt'?
Do you have more growth than usual from your new practices-surge+msm, etc? (or the normal amount of growth you'd usually get)

I'm thinking your hair was just in a 'resting' phase when you first posted, and now it's doing it's thing!
congratulations

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
metro_qt said:
Did you experience a growth 'spurt'?
Do you have more growth than usual from your new practices-surge+msm, etc? (or the normal amount of growth you'd usually get)

I'm thinking your hair was just in a 'resting' phase when you first posted, and now it's doing it's thing!
congratulations

Hi metro_qt
I am not sure. For weeks after my relaxer, my hair looked and felt the same and I couldn't understand it. I normally begin to feel "bumps" of new growth at week 3-4 after and this time nothing until now.

I am hoping it's the new practices (my bottle of SURGE is less than half full) and I am taking my MSM religiously everyday, cowashing and deep conditioning 2x a week.

You are probably right that my hair was resting, but it's awake now! :) I plan to relax in March. I can't wait to see how many inches my hair will have grown.

Radianthealth

january noir said:
UPDATE! 1/2/07

trimbride said:
You will get there and I will say I told you so
Told you so!!!!:grin:

Last edited: