Help

dejaomare

I'm been doing my hair regime consistently. When I touch my hair, my hair comes out - short hairs. I don't know what i'm doing wrong. I'm keeping my ends moistured ever day. I'm 6 weeks post relaxer. I wash (Affirm) twice a week. I deep condition (humectress) after each wash. I put surge/s-curl on my scalp ever other day. I protein conditioner once a week (keraphix).

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

webby

Think Slim
Is there any chance that your hair was over processed?

One thing that I can tell you, Humectress, although I love it, is not a "deep" conditioner. It can be used to add moisture as a rinse or leave-in, but you may need something with a little more punch, like Humecto, Keraphix or Emergencee.

Ashee

Emergencee isn't used for deep conditioning, it's a protein reconstructor. It's not suggested for softening the hair. Any conditioner can be used as a deep conditioner, anything that helps soften the hair & leave it with a silky feeling & elasticity.
Heat is usually the reason why products become "deep conditioning". Be it body heat or that from a dryer, as long as the product is deeply penetrating the hair. Any conditioner will do, just figure out what attributes your hair needs help with & find the product to do the job. Deep conditioning usually takes place after a protein treatment...
-HTH:look:

webby

Think Slim
Ashee said:
Emergencee isn't used for deep conditioning, it's a protein reconstructor. It's not suggested for softening the hair.
You're right about that...I should have been clear. I was thinking that she may need protein, since she mentioned short hairs coming out.

Mizani_Mrs

I used to have this issue...I was very stingy with applying oils to my hair (trying to mimic my previous stylist). when i joined this board, i started trying things that various ladies were mentioning. The first time I applied Hot6 oil to my ends (like every 2-3 days) my ends felt softer and stopped breaking (like after 3 weeks). I always feared the oil would weigh my hair down and i wouldn't have body. But it isn't true, i still have body because i make sure to use a moisture trtmnt as well as something like mangobutter or UBH dew, every day. So give oil a try (make sure you've applied a moisture treatment on washday) ...either your hair will love it or hate it...