BKT alternative?

cutenss

I had thought about ordering that foam too, but then I was thinking of ordering the Softliss. Then I was thinking that I would hold off on everything for a few months, then...:drunk: Decisions, decisions :look:

Dove56

I had thought about ordering that foam too, but then I was thinking of ordering the Softliss. Then I was thinking that I would hold off on everything for a few months, then...:drunk: Decisions, decisions :look:

Softliss is great but I could feel the "coating" on my hair, that's the only thing I didn't like. You know what though, they might have revamped their ingredients since then though. Hairliss did (they had the same ingredients) and Hairliss is sold in Florida.

Cutenss if you get Softliss you *have* to try that conditioner it's makes your hair so bling blingy shiny...love, love, love.:yep:

cutenss

I always wanted to try the Softliss. And that conditioner sounds A-MAZ-ING! But the thought of being able touse a product, get the same results with less heat sounds good too.

Dove56

I always wanted to try the Softliss. And that conditioner sounds A-MAZ-ING! But the thought of being able touse a product, get the same results with less heat sounds good too.

Yes, I watched the Arosci video on their website and it is less heat and fewer passes are needed. :) Plus, the Arosci is safe for colored treated hair. I'm excited to try it out!

Dove56

what is softliss?

Kurlee It's a formeldahyde free keratin treatment. I used it several times back in 2009 and I really liked it. I didn't really care for the "coated" feeling on my hair from the sealant they use to hold the keratin in, but it does help retain your curl pattern.

I'm not sure if they've changed the ingredients since 2009 but I wouldn't be surprised if they did since the treatments have evolved so much over just the last year.

I still prefer cystine based treatments over everything I've tried, and let me tell you, I've used so many brands since 2009 I can barely remember them all!

Dove56

do the cysteine one feel coatish? Do they smell when you sweat or wash your hair?

Kurlee

No, you can't feel them at all. No "coating" is needed to hold the cystine intact, it fills in the damaged areas of each strand because the molecules are so small. It's gradually released from the strand with each wash.

I think the lack of the "coating" or sealant is the reason the results are "less dramatic" that the treatments with formeldahyde. I don't smell the treatments when I wash or sweat, I didn't with the formeldahyde treatments or the cystine treatments though.

Kurlee

Kurlee

No, you can't feel them at all. No "coating" is needed to hold the cystine intact, it fills in the damaged areas of each strand because the molecules are so small. It's gradually released from the strand with each wash.

I think the lack of the "coating" or sealant is the reason the results are "less dramatic" that the treatments with formeldahyde. I don't smell the treatments when I wash or sweat, I didn't with the formeldahyde treatments or the cystine treatments though.

Hmmmmmm. I know that the active ingredient in this is glyoxyloyl carbocysteine (another name for oxoacetamide carbocysteine). Everything I have read about it that is not sales material makes it seem ok. I'm still researching though. It seems like every day I'm hearing reports about all kinds of things. Just yesterday on the news, I heard about hormonal BC making women at higher risk for breast cancer. Like WTF? So yea, I'm a very late adopter to these types of things.:look:

Dove56

Hmmmmmm. I know that the active ingredient in this is glyoxyloyl carbocysteine (another name for oxoacetamide carbocysteine). Everything I have read about it that is not sales material makes it seem ok. I'm still researching though. It seems like every day I'm hearing reports about all kinds of things. Just yesterday on the news, I heard about hormonal BC making women at higher risk for breast cancer. Like WTF? So yea, I'm a very late adopter to these types of things.:look:

I've not had any issues with it. At one point, that was an active ingredient in the Organix brand and I swear they've changed their ingredients like 3 times. I guess they are trying to "tweak" the formula (seems like they would do that before they release it:look:).

In a few months I'm going to wean myself off hormonal BC. I wish I never would've gotten on them:nono: It took me *years* to try to them and I was hestitant, now I could kick my own self for using them. I think it wise to be cautious because all these companies care about is $$$$. I just read about chickens found with Tylenol, Benadryl and Arsenic in their system, hot mess.:nono:

Kurlee

I've not had any issues with it. At one point, that was an active ingredient in the Organix brand and I swear they've changed their ingredients like 3 times. I guess they are trying to "tweak" the formula (seems like they would do that before they release it:look:).

In a few months I'm going to wean myself off hormonal BC. I wish I never would've gotten on them:nono: It took me *years* to try to them and I was hestitant, now I could kick my own self for using them. I think it wise to be cautious because all these companies care about is $$$$. I just read about chickens found with Tylenol, Benadryl and Arsenic in their system, hot mess.:nono:

Yea, i've always been afraid of hormonal bc.:look:

Kurlee

Kurlee

Okay, I love the actual song but during the chorus I was singing the Crispy Chicken song :lol:. DH asked me was I playing the Chicken song lol!!!

I've been on this song since november but now when I hear it, I always sing Crispy Chickunn! involuntarily :look:. If Mary is smart, she will release the real song and video (video is already done)

Last edited:

Uniqzoe

I need to go back to the Arosci site to view the video. I can't believe you two are scared to use it now. LOL!

Uniqzoe

Yes, I watched the Arosci video on their website and it is less heat and fewer passes are needed. :) Plus, the Arosci is safe for colored treated hair. I'm excited to try it out!

Dove56 do you have the link to the video, I didn't see it when I went to the website.

Dove56

i think i might do one on thursday. just a spot. maybe . . . what's interesting is that with the serum, you only blow dry. with the foam, you have to flat iron:yep:

Hmmm, that's interesting to blowdry only. I think the serum would be a wise investment also. :scratchch

biancaelyse

The Arosci looks great but is very pricey by the oz. $171 is a lot for only 8 oz of foam or serum IMO.

I wonder how many oz you need for an application? I guess it depends on length and thickness.

Kurlee

The Arosci looks great but is very pricey by the oz. $171 is a lot for only 8 oz of foam or serum IMO.

I wonder how many oz you need for an application? I guess it depends on length and thickness.

it's uber pricy :yep:. it's half price if you prove you're a stylist. i wish i could get my hands on the design essentials one.

Last edited:

Kurlee

Hmmm, that's interesting to blowdry only. I think the serum would be a wise investment also. :scratchch

so i guess by blowdrying only there is a milder effect. 400 degrees seems like it will fry my hair right off. I looked at my chi and it only goes up to 356 F. I never use it that high because it's super hot. I couldn't imagine 400-450:look:. They make irons that hot? what for?:look: