B-Complex vs. Biotin

2007Grad

Which do you think is better? I've taken biotin off and on for the past couple of months but the breakouts I'm getting are insane. I remember reading that when you combine Biotin with another of the B vitamins that you don't have breakouts. Since I'm taking 8 vits a day now (2 Viviscal, 1 Multi, 1 Biotin, 2 GNC ultranourish and 2 Flaxseed), I don't want to add another B vitamin. Do you still get good growth with a B complex without the breakouts?

tada1

I think you will get growth regardless of the combo of vitamins. Vits could mean faster growth but im sure you knew that already.

The real reason i am posting is because of something insane i did this morning. So i was eating some cereal and decided to check if it had protein in it (to support my hair growth), then as if that wasnt bad/obsessive enough, i looked at the rest of the nutritional info section and went: "hiss, it doesnt even contain Biotin!...":lachen:

I think y'all have made me lose it ladies...but i digress, anyone else with more useful info?:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Windsy

Which do you think is better? I've taken biotin off and on for the past couple of months but the breakouts I'm getting are insane. I remember reading that when you combine Biotin with another of the B vitamins that you don't have breakouts. Since I'm taking 8 vits a day now (2 Viviscal, 1 Multi, 1 Biotin, 2 GNC ultranourish and 2 Flaxseed), I don't want to add another B vitamin. Do you still get good growth with a B complex without the breakouts?

I combine my Biotin with a super B complex. I only take two pills a day and 1 tbsp of flaxseed oil.

Now for he breakouts, increase your water intake. HTH

jwhitley6

You can start taking your biotin with your multi if you don't want to get a separate b-complex. Your multi should have some Bs in it.

netnet26

You can start taking your biotin with your multi if you don't want to get a separate b-complex. Your multi should have some Bs in it.

That is exactly what I do....but the BREAKOUTS are trocious :nono::wallbash:!!!!! I am seriously bout to order PROACTIIVE!!!:lachen:

Zuhus

I also wanted to order some Biotin but from the breakouts I've heard people are getting :nono: no. I love my skin more than my hair, even though my hair is the most frustrating thing on earth right now :wallbash:. I wonder is there anyone out here who doesnt get the breakouts with the Biotin? :perplexed

gymfreak336

I also wanted to order some Biotin but from the breakouts I've heard people are getting :nono: no. I love my skin more than my hair, even though my hair is the most frustrating thing on earth right now :wallbash:. I wonder is there anyone out here who doesnt get the breakouts with the Biotin? :perplexed

I don't breakout.

If you are getting break outs cut your dose in half and drink more water. Once you skin gets back to normal, slowly increase your dose back up but you have to maintain a high intake of water. Many times, jumping head first in a supplement will have you breakout. Start on a low dose and move up as your body adjusts.

To the OP: You need both. Biotin is just one of the b-vitamins. Biotin in higher doses helps increase thickness and growth but in order for it work its best, you need more b-vitamins as well since they work better in tandem. Try taking a 25-50mg b-complex(dont' buy a 100mg one) with your biotin. You can also trying taking them before bed since many people experience better results this way. Your body sometimes absorbs water soluable vitamins better when you sleep. I know it works better for me this way.

As far as brands of b complex twinlad, natures made, natures way, puritains pride and country life have nice ones.

If possible buy one that doesn't have 400mcg (also 100%) folic acid because your multi already gives you folate. It is easy to consume too much folic acid when taking a b-complex and a multivitamin and too much folic acid has noticable side effects. I believe twinlab and natures way both have ones that don't contain a whole lot of folic acid.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Take them both together, along with Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5). All three and TONS OF WATER, go together like white on rice. :yep:

Take all your B vitamins together. A good, soluble multivitamin is good as well.

2007Grad

Thanks everyone. I'm increasing my water intake because honestly, I don't drink that much water. I think this might be the culprit. Thanks for all the advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hothair

:yep: I don't! I may get a tender spot (beginning of spot if I drink little to no water but by the time I have some water its all good. I take biotin with all the rest of my vits including a B100 complex and realised they're a lot more effective when taken with food, infact I don't use any powder or anything unless its a night out and I want to look glam

Tee

I combine my Biotin with a super B complex. I only take two pills a day and 1 tbsp of flaxseed oil.

Now for he breakouts, increase your water intake. HTH

Your water intake is key! But take them both.

SpiritJunkie

glad i read this thread. i take silica, biotin and hair/skin/nails vits. i'm going to add b-complex to the mix. i am seeing growth but i'm sure i would see alot more if i added this in...

i know my combo is working though from the little "beard" :grin:i have to monitor and my short nails are the thing of the past!!!