Bible Trivia...Want to Play!?

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Samson?

Judges 16:12, 18, 22-25 KJV

Delilah therefore took new ropes, and bound him therewith, and said unto him, The Philistines be upon thee, Samson. And there were liers in wait abiding in the chamber. And he brake them from off his arms like a thread. And when Delilah saw that he had told her all his heart, she sent and called for the lords of the Philistines, saying, Come up this once, for he hath shewed me all his heart.

Then the lords of the Philistines came up unto her, and brought money in their hand. Howbeit the hair of his head began to grow again after he was shaven. Then the lords of the Philistines gathered them together for to offer a great sacrifice unto Dagon their god, and to rejoice: for they said, Our god hath delivered Samson our enemy into our hand. And when the people saw him, they praised their god: for they said, Our god hath delivered into our hands our enemy, and the destroyer of our country, which slew many of us.

And it came to pass, when their hearts were merry, that they said, Call for Samson, that he may make us sport. And they called for Samson out of the prison house; and he made them sport: and they set him between the pillars.

Sent from my HTC Inspire™

Yes, it's Sampson according to this...

Judges 16:22

Howbeit the hair of his head began to grow again after he was shaven.

Shimmie

Staff member
What person in the bible turned into a werewolf?

King Neberkanezzer...

He became 'mad' (crazy, wild) and roamed in the forest for seven years (7 is God's number for 'completion').

In Daniel chapter 4, it shares of a disturbing dream of King Nebekezanzer (sp?). None of his warlocks or astrologers could give him the interpretation, however Daniel, acknowledged and sought God for the answers and it was spoken that unless King Nebekenzazer 'repented' (for he served the idol Dagon), that he would become as an animal.

Daniel 4:27-37

27 Wherefore, O king, let my counsel be acceptable unto thee, and break off thy sins by righteousness, and thine iniquities by shewing mercy to the poor; if it may be a lengthening of thy tranquillity.

28 All this came upon the king Nebuchadnezzar.

29 At the end of twelve months he walked in the palace of the kingdom of Babylon.

30 The king spake, and said, Is not this great Babylon, that I have built for the house of the kingdom by the might of my power, and for the honour of my majesty?

31 While the word was in the king's mouth, there fell a voice from heaven, saying, O king Nebuchadnezzar, to thee it is spoken; The kingdom is departed from thee.

32 And they shall drive thee from men, and thy dwelling shall be with the beasts of the field: they shall make thee to eat grass as oxen, and seven times shall pass over thee, until thou know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will.

33 The same hour was the thing fulfilled upon Nebuchadnezzar: and he was driven from men, and did eat grass as oxen, and his body was wet with the dew of heaven, till his hairs were grown like eagles' feathers, and his nails like birds' claws.

34 And at the end of the days I Nebuchadnezzar lifted up mine eyes unto heaven, and mine understanding returned unto me, and I blessed the most High, and I praised and honoured him that liveth for ever, whose dominion is an everlasting dominion, and his kingdom is from generation to generation:

35 And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

36 At the same time my reason returned unto me; and for the glory of my kingdom, mine honour and brightness returned unto me; and my counsellors and my lords sought unto me; and I was established in my kingdom, and excellent majesty was added unto me.

37 Now I Nebuchadnezzar praise and extol and honour the King of heaven, all whose works are truth, and his ways judgment: and those that walk in pride he is able to abase.

------------

Sad to say that this very same prophesy will hold true to our leaders in America. This country has gone out of their minds with what they have legalized... gay marriage, dishonoring DOMA (Defense of Marriage Act), poisoning the minds of young children, leading them astray.

:nono:

Don't be surprised at those in power suddenly 'lose it'. Enough is Enough...

HWAY

Simeon.

Acts 13:1 "Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers; as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen, which had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul."

delitefulmane

HA! Somebody's been doing some bible study! YAY! Love it!
Just these left. I'll just go ahead and touch on them.

What is a reprobate mind?
Romans reveals this in the first chapter, its a place where NONE of use want to go. Being given over to a reprobate mind means that God has stepped out of the equation and your flesh rules. You are spiritually dead and physically able to do that which is "inconvenient" aka flesh fulfilled.

What happened at Azusa street?? (this isnt in the bible but this is important christian history, particularly in the black community) This was a powerful move of pentecost in the early 1900's (1906) in Los Angeles,California.Bishop Williams Seymour. When your looking for something interesting to read go ahead and read up on this as well a the life and experiences of Bishop Charles Mason.

In what way is Islam and the muslim faith connected to the bible? This is not a scripture but moreso a history/ lineage lesson. But many wont know unless they know a little about the muslim faith. The son of Haggar, Ishmael, is the father of a wild people, while God blessed his seed due to the faithfulness and favor God gave Abraham, His covenant was not given to him. This is important to note and interesting to study

What type of prayer is effective?
Also just to elaborate on this question, when you think about the most EFFECTIVE prayer done in the bible it was always bringing God's Word/Promises back to His remembrance. When you pray in the Scriptures so to speak. For example, when Christ was tempted by Satan during His 40 days and nights and on the mountain, He didnt waste words, He simply stood on Scripture. Which in turn cause that old buzzard to flee. When praying, you dont have to pray a bunch of extra stuff, pray God's Words back to Him. Thats a sweet fragrance to His nose and a sweet sound to Hid ear. This is also why the bible tells us to study to show ourselves approved because that Word needs to become a part of us, our prayers and our thoughts. And thats how/why the prayers of a righteous man (a man who knows his God/ God's Words/Promises) availeth much (God's Word is never void) Very important and interesting subject to study. You want powerful prayer? Get in your Word.

What old testament king intestines came OUT of him as a result of his wining and dining with the utensils taken from the House of the Lord? King Jehoram 2 Chronicles 21.

Also, look in Proverbs 6 for more on abominations. A lying spirit, a proud look etc

Thanks for answering guys!

I would love to know just HOW you read when you study the word!

gn1g

Delightfulmane great post, now I know who to pm my bible questions.

I have a house full if bible helps. Most of the time, I receive an impression, dream from the lord and either stuff the topic person book etc. right now I am reading through the psalms. And feel impressed to also read lam. Also doing research on crystal.

Trivis: who was a maker of perfume?

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using HUAWEI-M860

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
^^ Not sure if this is right; but God instructed Moses to make perfume for the Tabernacle...

Exodus 30:34-38
Then the Lord said to Moses, "Take fragrant spices - gum resin, onycha and galbanum- and pure frankincense, all in equal amounts, and make a fragrant blend of incense, the work of a perfumer. It is to be salted and pure and sacred. Grind some of it to powder and place it in front of the Testimony in the Tent of Meeting, where I will meet with you. It shall be most holy to you. Do not make any incense with this formula for yourselves; consider it holy to the Lord. Whoever makes any like it to enjoy its fragrance must be cut off from his people."

and chose Bezaleel of the tribe of Judah to do the work:

Exodus 31: 1-3
Then the Lord said to Moses, "See, I have chosen Bezalel son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah, and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts.."

Exodus 37:29

...and he maketh the holy anointing oil, and the pure spice-perfume -- work of a compounder.

Laela

The Apostle Paul had to go on trial before a king, who almost became a Christian. Who was this king?

makeupgirl

Who was the God-fearing centurion?

Cornelius, the Roman centurion

Acts 10:22 "And they said, Cornelius the centurion, a just man, and one that feareth God, and of good report among all the nation of the Jews, was warned from God by an holy angel to send for thee into his house, and to hear words of thee."

JeterCrazed

No, not this one, Angel ...

Plus, this would never 'fly' on LHCF ...

Ezekiel 44:20

"They must neither shave their heads ...

nor let their hair grow too long. Instead, they must trim it regularly.

Nev' va' Ev' va' :nono: :nono:

However, it's still a good answer JeterCrazed :yep:

Didn't understand that the trims had to be regular. Considering Jesus's hair was not considered long, and thee scripture says too long, it boils down to what constitutes a big chop. :lol: Thanks for explaining! :yep:

Sent from my HTC Inspire™

lilanie

One thousand totalled...

700 Wives and 300 cocubines... :yep:

But king Solomon loved many strange women, together with the daughter of Pharaoh, women of the Moabites, Ammonites, Edomites, Zidonians, and Hittites:

2 Of the nations concerning which the LORD said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall not go in to them, neither shall they come in unto you: for surely they will turn away your heart after their gods: Solomon clave unto these in love.

3 And he had seven hundred wives, princesses, and three hundred concubines: and his wives turned away his heart.

4 For it came to pass, when Solomon was old, that his wives turned away his heart after other gods: and his heart was not perfect with the LORD his God, as was the heart of David his father.

5 For Solomon went after Ashtoreth the goddess of the Zidonians, and after Milcom the abomination of the Ammonites.

I Kings 11:1-5

-------------

This passage speaks volumes. It's a revelation. That a man with money, riches and power, is prone to having several women. He's bored, not working, has nothing better to do with his time and energies.

This does not apply to 'ALL' men with money, riches and power. However, look a recent and past news reports. The 'cheating' husbands in political power, money, etc. John Edwards, The New York governor who had the mistress in another country; "Arnold" Kindergarten Cop whose foolish folley killed his marriage; pastors who have exploited women, men and young boys... :nono:

While posting this scripture it simply occurred to me that this is nothing new... men with money go crazy with sex and women (or men).

And if you ever notice... it's always with a 'Strange woman' or doing strange things with other men.

Not ALL.. but enough to say, "Shame on them..." :nono:

I didnt answer, but I semi/sorta knew that one! I started with 1Samuel and now I am up to 2Kings, chapter 4:yep:

Iwanthealthyhair67

Remember scriptures verses to support answers please.

1. Who was killed for steadying the ark of God?

a. Abner
b. Uzzah
c. Job

2. How old was Jehoash when he became king?

a. 7
b. 9
c. 15

3. How did Elisha clean the water at Jericho

a. He added chlorine
b. He added salt
c. He prayed over it

momi

Remember scriptures verses to support answers please.

1. Who was killed for steadying the ark of God?

a. Abner
b. Uzzah
c. Job

B. 2 Chronicals 6:6 But when they arrived at the threshing floor of Nacon, the oxen stumbled, and Uzzah put out his hand to steady the Ark of God.

2. How old was Jehoash when he became king?

a. 7
b. 9
c. 15

A. Joash was seven years old when he became king, and he reigned in Jerusalem forty years. His mother was Zibiah, from Beersheba. 2 Chronicles 24:1

3. How did Elisha clean the water at Jericho

a. He added chlorine
b. He added salt
c. He prayed over it

C. And he said, Bring me a new cruse, and put salt therein. And they brought it to him. And he went forth unto the spring of the waters, and cast the salt in there" (2 Kings 2:20-21).

momi

Iwanthealthyhair67 said:
momi you are correct .....please ask the next question.

gn1g 2 out of 3 is not bad ...

How many times was water parted in the Bible?
Name the incident and the one whom God used.
Scripture and verse please.

Laela

How many times was water parted in the Bible?

Name the incident and the one whom God used.

Scripture and verse please.

I believe it's five times... though some say it's four

First time was during the creation of earth:

Genesis 1:6-7

And God said, "Let there be an expanse between the waters to separate water from water." So God made the expanse and separated the water under the expanse from the water above it. And it was so.

Second time, God used Moses to part the Red Sea:

Exodus 14:21-22

Then Moses stretched out his hand over the sea, and all that night the Lord drove the sea back with a strong east wind and turned it into dry land. The waters were divided, and the Israelites went through the sea on dry ground, with a wall of water on their right and on their left.

Third time, was when God used Joshua to instruct the people to cross the River Jordan into the promised land. Joshua 3:7-17 through 4:1-18

Fourth and fith times, God used the prophets Elijah (before God took him) and Elisha, (after Elijah was taken, he crossed back over) to part the Jordan:

2 Kings 2:7-8

Fifty men of the company of the prophets went and stood at a distance, facing the place where Elijah and Elisha had stopped at the Jordan. Elijah took his cloak, and rolled it up and struck the water with it. The water divided to the right and to the left, and the two of them crossed over on dry ground.

2 Kings 2:13-14

He picked up the cloak that had fallen from Elijah and went back and stood on the bank of the Jordan. Then he took the cloak that had fallen from him and struck the water with it. "Where now is the Lord, the God of Elijah?" he asked. When he struck the water, it divided to the right and to the left, and he crossed over.

Shimmie

Staff member
I believe it's five times... though some say it's four

First time was during the creation of earth:

Genesis 1:6-7

And God said, "Let there be an expanse between the waters to separate water from water." So God made the expanse and separated the water under the expanse from the water above it. And it was so.

Second time, God used Moses to part the Red Sea:

Exodus 14:21-22

Then Moses stretched out his hand over the sea, and all that night the Lord drove the sea back with a strong east wind and turned it into dry land. The waters were divided, and the Israelites went through the sea on dry ground, with a wall of water on their right and on their left.

Third time, was when God used Joshua to instruct the people to cross the River Jordan into the promised land. Joshua 3:7-17 through 4:1-18

Fourth and fith times, God used the prophets Elijah (before God took him) and Elisha, (after Elijah was taken, he crossed back over) to part the Jordan:

2 Kings 2:7-8

Fifty men of the company of the prophets went and stood at a distance, facing the place where Elijah and Elisha had stopped at the Jordan. Elijah took his cloak, and rolled it up and struck the water with it. The water divided to the right and to the left, and the two of them crossed over on dry ground.

2 Kings 2:13-14

He picked up the cloak that had fallen from Elijah and went back and stood on the bank of the Jordan. Then he took the cloak that had fallen from him and struck the water with it. "Where now is the Lord, the God of Elijah?" he asked. When he struck the water, it divided to the right and to the left, and he crossed over.

You are correct! :up: