How well do you know you bible?

dlewis

I don't for one the only reason he ever claimed she was his sister was to protect her identity from a king or prince. I also don't think that God would have used a union such as this to populate the land of Cannon. The Bible also makes no reference to this in any other way talks of lineage or stories.

That makes sense.

dreamer26

Abraham and Sarah was husband and wife. Abraham lied about her being his sister.

Q: Where did the wisemen 1st see baby Jesus?

dlewis

After rereading Genesis again Sara was also Abraham's sister:

Genesis 20:12

Besides, she really is my sister, the daughter of my father though not of my mother; and she became my wife

it was not uncommon for the people of that time to marry their half-sisters, 1st cousins, etc....

dreamer26

Wow, well I'm gonna have to read that again, because I always focused on the fact that he lied about her being his sister when she was his wife.

No wonder that lie was easy coming out of his mouth because this was not the first time he's said this. It's because it's a half truth.

Thank you for an assignment.

Last edited:

crlsweetie912

2 John

How many pounds of hair did Absalom have cut at a time? Can you imagine that hair.

2 Samuel 14:26
Two hundred shekels

I must admit that I am not a "quoter" of scripture, but this thread is helping me to learn more! Thanks Ladies!:grin:

Last edited:

dlewis

2 Samuel 14:26
Two hundred shekels

I must admit that I am not a "qupter" of scripture, but this thread is helping me to learn more! Thanks Ladies!:grin:

That's 5 pounds of hair. Can you imagine that hair? I don't think I have 5 pounds of hair on my head.

klb120475

After rereading Genesis again Sara was also Abraham's sister:

Genesis 20:12

Besides, she really is my sister, the daughter of my father though not of my mother; and she became my wife

it was not uncommon for the people of that time to marry their half-sisters, 1st cousins, etc....

:yep::yep::yep:

dlewis

Lot.

What's the difference between rhema and logos?

The Bible and the word of G-d. The bible is a book written by several people lead my the Holy Spirit. The word of G-d is just that. Not sure if I explained it well. But I know in my mind what it is.

How old was Abraham and Sara when Issac was born?

Last edited:

Tiffchelle22

The Bible and the word of G-d. The bible is a book written by several people lead my the Holy Spirit. The word of G-d is just that. Not sure if I explained it well. But I know in my mind what it is.

How old was Abraham and Sara when Issac was born?

Abraham was 100, Sara was 90 when Isaac was born.

What was the name of the runaway servant that Paul wrote of?

live2bgr8

Onesimus

In what city was did Christianity launch its worldwide mission and where believers agressively preached to the Gentiles?

Antioch-- I think... ETA: Acts 11 mentions the gospel being preached to the gentiles (Greeks)

Who helped Jesus carry the cross?

Last edited:

preciouzone

Matthew 27:32
32 And as they were coming out, they found a man of Cyrene named Simon, whom they pressed into service to bear His cross.

Question: Which king in the BiBle turned into a beast?

gn1g

Who carried the coat of many colors? did anyone answer?

Don't know about the king/beast

How many beginings are there in the bible?

Love this thread.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Matthew 27:32
32 And as they were coming out, they found a man of Cyrene named Simon, whom they pressed into service to bear His cross.

Question: Which king in the BiBle turned into a beast?
King Nebuchadnezzar... Daniel Chapter 4...I love this story, King Nebbies head got too big for his breechies...:yep:

28 All this came upon the king Nebuchadnezzar.

29 At the end of twelve months he walked in the palace of the kingdom of Babylon.

30 The king spake, and said, Is not this great Babylon, that I have built for the house of the kingdom by the might of my power, and for the honour of my majesty?

31 While the word was in the king's mouth, there fell a voice from heaven, saying, O king Nebuchadnezzar, to thee it is spoken; The kingdom is departed from thee.

32 And they shall drive thee from men, and thy dwelling shall be with the beasts of the field: they shall make thee to eat grass as oxen, and seven times shall pass over thee, until thou know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will.

33 The same hour was the thing fulfilled upon Nebuchadnezzar: and he was driven from men, and did eat grass as oxen, and his body was wet with the dew of heaven, till his hairs were grown like eagles' feathers, and his nails like birds' claws.

34 And at the end of the days I Nebuchadnezzar lifted up mine eyes unto heaven, and mine understanding returned unto me, and I blessed the most High, and I praised and honoured him that liveth for ever, whose dominion is an everlasting dominion, and his kingdom is from generation to generation: