Bible Trivia...Want to Play!?

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
^^Unequally yolked...true and not just in customs, lady... those strange women knew strange gods, causing him to sin.

Detroit2Dallas

Who was the babylonian king that lived like an animal for a spell? and why was that his punishment?

What was the name of Elijah's right hand man so to speak? (heres a clue, he saw a certain woman coming towards Elijah and ran to ask her about her husband and child before she could get to the prophet)

In what book does Paul tell us all things ar lawful but not all things edify?

Some things are a sin and others are an abomination...name 3.

Why was Moses not able to go to the Promise Land?

What is a reprobate mind?

Who wore a coat of many colors?

What happened at Azusa street?? (this isnt in the bible but this is important christian history, particularly in the black community)

In what way is Islam and the muslim faith connected to the bible?

Who were the mighty men of renown?

Did Christ go to hell?

What type of prayer is effective?

Who got called bald head by kids on the way to Bethel?

Whose bones gave a dead man life?

What mistake did Heziakiah make towards the end of his life?

What age did King Joash become king?

Whose guts spilled out into a field in the new testament?

What old testament king intestines came OUT of him as a result of his wining and dining with the utensils taken from the House of the Lord?

I know I probably shouldnt be posting a thousand questions but I like bible trivia so sowwy.

Last edited:

Laela

That's a good list... :yep: I'll answer this one b/c I love the story. I don't believe those were little children, moreso youths/young men and they were cursed by Elisha because they mocked and insulted a prophet of God; they basically brought the curse on themselves by their actions.
A bear had come and killed 42 of them..which means it was a LARGE crowd of them....

2 Kings 2

Who got called bald head by kids on the way to Bethel?

Iwanthealthyhair67

wow that enough questions to keep you tide up for a few days,lol

I'll answer at least three

Joseph had a coat of many colors

Elijah bones

Judas guts spilled out

will be back to add scriptures

Detroit2Dallas

That's a good list... :yep: I'll answer this one b/c I love the story. I don't believe those were little children, moreso youths/young men and they were cursed by Elisha because they mocked and insulted a prophet of God; they basically brought the curse on themselves by their actions.
A bear had come and killed 42 of them..which means it was a LARGE crowd of them....

2 Kings 2

:yep: Yup, prob young teens and preteens. Mob mentality, wayward youth...a gang.

wow that enough questions to keep you tide up for a few days,lol

I'll answer at least three

Joseph had a coat of many colors

Elijah bones

Judas guts spilled out

will be back to add scriptures

Elisha's bones gave life to the dead mans body. Remember Elijah and Enoch were taken from earth. There would be no bones for the dead man to touch.
2 Kings 13:21

But you are correct in your other answers. Thanks :)

HWAY

Who was the babylonian king that lived like an animal for a spell? and why was that his punishment?

Nebuchadnezzar. Why was that his punishment?

Daniel 4:28-32:"All this happened to King Nebuchadnezzar. 29 Twelve months later, as the king was walking on the roof of the royal palace of Babylon, 30 he said, “Is not this the great Babylon I have built as the royal residence, by my mighty power and for the glory of my majesty?”
31 Even as the words were on his lips, a voice came from heaven, “This is what is decreed for you, King Nebuchadnezzar: Your royal authority has been taken from you. 32 You will be driven away from people and will live with the wild animals; you will eat grass like the ox. Seven times will pass by for you until you acknowledge that the Most High is sovereign over all kingdoms on earth and gives them to anyone he wishes.”

In what book does Paul tell us all things ar lawful but not all things edify? 1 Corinthians

Iwanthealthyhair67

What was the name of Elijah's right hand man so to speak? (heres a clue, he saw a certain woman coming towards Elijah and ran to ask her about her husband and child before she could get to the prophet)

Gehazi 2 Kings 4:12

In what book does Paul tell us all things ar lawful but not all things edify?

1 Cor 10:23

Some things are a sin and others are an abomination...name 3.

Leviticus 18:18-30, beastiality, sleeping with your neighbor wife and homosexuality

Why was Moses not able to go to the Promise Land?

Disobedience Numbers 20:12

Who wore a coat of many colors?
Joseph – Gen 37:3

Who were the mighty men of renown?

Giants or Nephilim Genesis 6:4

Did Christ go to hell?

Yes – Acts 2:31

James 5:16

Whose bones gave a dead man life?

Elisha – 2 Kings 13:21

What mistake did Heziakiah make towards the end of his life?

Hezekiah - Isaiah 39 to get the full story ….Vanity and Pride showing off all his treasures

What age did King Joash become king?

2 Chron 24 – Joash was 7 years old

Whose guts spilled out into a field in the new testament?

Judas - Acts 1:18

Detroit2Dallas

HA! Somebody's been doing some bible study! YAY! Love it!
Just these left. I'll just go ahead and touch on them.

What is a reprobate mind?
Romans reveals this in the first chapter, its a place where NONE of use want to go. Being given over to a reprobate mind means that God has stepped out of the equation and your flesh rules. You are spiritually dead and physically able to do that which is "inconvenient" aka flesh fulfilled.

What happened at Azusa street?? (this isnt in the bible but this is important christian history, particularly in the black community) This was a powerful move of pentecost in the early 1900's (1906) in Los Angeles,California.Bishop Williams Seymour. When your looking for something interesting to read go ahead and read up on this as well a the life and experiences of Bishop Charles Mason.

In what way is Islam and the muslim faith connected to the bible? This is not a scripture but moreso a history/ lineage lesson. But many wont know unless they know a little about the muslim faith. The son of Haggar, Ishmael, is the father of a wild people, while God blessed his seed due to the faithfulness and favor God gave Abraham, His covenant was not given to him. This is important to note and interesting to study

Also just to elaborate on this question, when you think about the most EFFECTIVE prayer done in the bible it was always bringing God's Word/Promises back to His remembrance. When you pray in the Scriptures so to speak. For example, when Christ was tempted by Satan during His 40 days and nights and on the mountain, He didnt waste words, He simply stood on Scripture. Which in turn cause that old buzzard to flee. When praying, you dont have to pray a bunch of extra stuff, pray God's Words back to Him. Thats a sweet fragrance to His nose and a sweet sound to Hid ear. This is also why the bible tells us to study to show ourselves approved because that Word needs to become a part of us, our prayers and our thoughts. And thats how/why the prayers of a righteous man (a man who knows his God/ God's Words/Promises) availeth much (God's Word is never void) Very important and interesting subject to study. You want powerful prayer? Get in your Word.

What old testament king intestines came OUT of him as a result of his wining and dining with the utensils taken from the House of the Lord? King Jehoram 2 Chronicles 21.

Also, look in Proverbs 6 for more on abominations. A lying spirit, a proud look etc

Thanks for answering guys!

Last edited:

Laela

Thanks Detroit, for all those trivia questions..that was fun! :yep: I've heard about Azusa Street from our pastor.. It would be good to see this level of revival now. That's radical faith right there.. Just them and the Holy Spirit, complete submission. Mason's testimony is POWERFUL. Thanks again, chica!

What happened at Azusa street?? (this isnt in the bible but this is important christian history, particularly in the black community) This was a powerful move of pentecost in the early 1900's (1906) in Los Angeles,California.Bishop Williams Seymour. When your looking for something interesting to read go ahead and read up on this as well a the life and experiences of Bishop Charles Mason.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
What old testament king intestines came OUT of him as a result of his wining and dining with the utensils taken from the House of the Lord? King Jehoram 2 Chronicles 21.

I remember when I first read this story about this King, a man who was so obese, that his flesh literally 'swallowed' the blade that impaled him. :blush:

God gave me a message, "When the sword goes in (God's Word), the dirt ('the sin') comes out."

This is what happens to us when we are pierced by the Word of God. The sin within us, is convicted and as the sword pierces our spirits, the dirt comes out. The more Word in our hearts, the more sin is pushed out from our flesh.

The sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God... Praise Him. :love2:

Iwanthealthyhair67

yes she sure gave me a good work out...:yep:

Thanks Detroit, for all those trivia questions..that was fun! :yep: I've heard about Azusa Street from our pastor.. It would be good to see this level of revival now. That's radical faith right there.. Just them and the Holy Spirit, complete submission. Mason's testimony is POWERFUL. Thanks again, chica!

Shimmie

Staff member

I missed all the fun.... :cry3:

Laela

Shimmie

I believe your up for the next question....:yep:

Iwanthealthyhair67

BOT

In Romans 8:2, what did Paul say the law of the Spirit of life freed him from?
a. Prison
b. Greed
c. The law of sin and death
d. Going to hell

answer w/ scripture please

Shimmie

Staff member
BOT

In Romans 8:2, what did Paul say the law of the Spirit of life freed him from?
a. Prison
b. Greed
c. The law of sin and death d. Going to hell

answer w/ scripture please

For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death Romans 8:2

Shimmie

Staff member
Who said this and of whom and to whom and why? What was the imposed threat?

"if it be so...."

LucieLoo12

If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king.

Daniel and the fiery furnance

HWAY

If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king.

Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego stated the quoted statement to King Nebuchadnezzar when the king threatened to throw them them into the fiery furnace if they decided not to worship the image of gold set up by the king.

Shimmie

Staff member
Who in the Bible had the ideal rate of hair growth after a 'Big Chop' ?

JeterCrazed

Samson?

Judges 16:12, 18, 22-25 KJV

Delilah therefore took new ropes, and bound him therewith, and said unto him, The Philistines be upon thee, Samson. And there were liers in wait abiding in the chamber. And he brake them from off his arms like a thread. And when Delilah saw that he had told her all his heart, she sent and called for the lords of the Philistines, saying, Come up this once, for he hath shewed me all his heart. Then the lords of the Philistines came up unto her, and brought money in their hand. Howbeit the hair of his head began to grow again after he was shaven. Then the lords of the Philistines gathered them together for to offer a great sacrifice unto Dagon their god, and to rejoice: for they said, Our god hath delivered Samson our enemy into our hand. And when the people saw him, they praised their god: for they said, Our god hath delivered into our hands our enemy, and the destroyer of our country, which slew many of us. And it came to pass, when their hearts were merry, that they said, Call for Samson, that he may make us sport. And they called for Samson out of the prison house; and he made them sport: and they set him between the pillars.

Sent from my HTC Inspire™

Shimmie

Staff member
The Levites? Ezekiel 44? :perplexed:

Sent from my HTC Inspire™

No, not this one, Angel ...

Plus, this would never 'fly' on LHCF ...

Ezekiel 44:20

"They must neither shave their heads ...

nor let their hair grow too long. Instead, they must trim it regularly.

Nev' va' Ev' va' :nono: :nono:

However, it's still a good answer JeterCrazed :yep: