Best straight weave hair brand?????? Help

latebloomer

Hi guys,

I'm getting a straight weave done today and after my experience with a wavy weave by sensationnel premium now, i am a little weary. My hair looked like dreadlocks within 2 days, i was not impressed.

I have used Sleek before which was quite good, but i would love to know what straight weaves you guys have actually USED and would reccommend???

Thank you

x

Thann

I love Halleys Curl too, but since you getting your install today I suggest trying Saga. I loved this hair before trying Halley's. It washes well, I didnt have problems with tangles or shedding and I was also able to get several long wears out of Saga hair.

Just don't let them sale you anything Milky Way. lol

wannabelong

I use extentions plus relaxed texture. It's expensive but soooo worth it because it blends flawlessly. People actually thought it was my hair.

ChocalateDiva

I love Halleys Curl too, but since you getting your install today I suggest trying Saga. I loved this hair before trying Halley's. It washes well, I didnt have problems with tangles or shedding and I was also able to get several long wears out of Saga hair.

Just don't let them sale you anything Milky Way. lol

Saga is made by Milky Way.......

vkb247

I clicked on the link and it came up with a random website???

It should say www.halleyscurls.com

I agree with the brands that have been recommended by the ladies here. But if you really want to know lots about weaves like LHCF can teach you about henna, oils/butters, co-washing, straightening, stretching, etc. then you got to check out BHM. Those ladies have written up everything you need to know about having fly extensions.

For the weave forum: http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_topics.asp?FID=22

For the ever helpful Weave/Extensions 101 sticky thread (the best place to start if you need particular info): http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=43239

bermudabeauty

I love wearing weaves and have done so for many years. The best hair hands down besides indian or malaysian hair is Velvet Remi yaki straight hair. You can purchase it at your local black hair store for about $50-$70 a bag. I usually only purchase one bag for a weave I leave my bangs and hair out on the side. You can check my fotki for pics. I used that hair in all of them.

Thann

Saga is made by Milky Way.......

I realize that, but Saga's a better quality imo. My experience with regular Milky Way is that it looks good for the first week or two, but it all down hill from there. Their Saga brand has been a different experience for me. But your right, I didn't make the distinction clear.

Last edited:

soulie

I like Black Diamond

I had horrible experiences with Black Diamond. It crawled up my back and curled up on my neck like a sleeping cat. What didn't crawl up, shed. If shed hair had been bread crumbs, Hansel and Gretel could have followed me home!

soulie

I use extentions plus relaxed texture. It's expensive but soooo worth it because it blends flawlessly. People actually thought it was my hair.

One thousand AMENS to this!!! AND it is reusable, so you don't continually have to buy more when you reinstall.

glamazon386

I realize that, but Saga's a better quality imo. My experience with regular Milky Way is that it looks good for the first week or two, but it all down hill from there. Their Saga brand has been a different experience for me. But your right, I didn't make the distinction clear.

You are correct. Saga is Milky Way's Remy line. Same thing with Velvet Remy by Outre. Goddess Remy by Sensationnel, etc. I like the Goddess Remy myself.

OP - Are you looking for BSS hair or luxury remy hair? You can by the BSS Remy hair if you are between the two. I usually buy Sensationnel Goddess Remy. I also buy Bohyme.

glamazon386

Outre the purple package. This is close to the remy hair that you can get. :)

I was going to suggest this for BSS hair. I wore this hair most of the time in college with no problems. With most of the BSS straight hairs if you DC it when you wash it, it will soften the hair and it'll last longer. :yep:

curlmama

joyastylehair.com
She is currently running a buy one get one bundle free (4oz). Beautiful Hair (straight and curly).

latebloomer

Thanks guys, I'm new to LHCF and from the UK too so not too sure if i can get some of the brands you suggested but i keep hearing one in particular is BSS short for something else or is that the brand name.

I asked my hair dresser and she recommended Sensationnnel Premium Now. For the first couple of days it looked great and she told me to treat it like my own. In between washes i dont usually put that much products in my hair apart from a little polisher, but it keeps getting tangled and looks a bit dry, i washed it yesterday, added oil moisturizer and coconut oil, but it still doesnt have that silky feeling it had when i first got it done. Any tips on products or maintenance for a straight weave, i wrap it at night and tie it with a meshed scarf, (i need to get a satin one i know). I see women and their hair looks so silky no matting or tangles. I took my last curly weave out in a week because of this and i dont want to do the same thing with this one as i have an event next week...PLEASE HELP!!!!

sheree

Thanks guys, I'm new to LHCF and from the UK too so not too sure if i can get some of the brands you suggested but i keep hearing one in particular is BSS short for something else or is that the brand name.

I asked my hair dresser and she recommended Sensationnnel Premium Now. For the first couple of days it looked great and she told me to treat it like my own. In between washes i dont usually put that much products in my hair apart from a little polisher, but it keeps getting tangled and looks a bit dry, i washed it yesterday, added oil moisturizer and coconut oil, but it still doesnt have that silky feeling it had when i first got it done. Any tips on products or maintenance for a straight weave, i wrap it at night and tie it with a meshed scarf, (i need to get a satin one i know). I see women and their hair looks so silky no matting or tangles. I took my last curly weave out in a week because of this and i dont want to do the same thing with this one as i have an event next week...PLEASE HELP!!!!

hi there am in the uk as well and i think you should try black n' sassy finishing wrap sheen, my hair dresser recommended i use this to wrap my weave every nite and this help maintain human hair and keep the weave looking fresh!! hope this helps

latebloomer

I was just told after buying premium now hair, that it is a really low quality brand... gosh this hair stuff is confusing... I just want my natural locs....lol transitioning feels like it will be trying but i wont give up, i wanted to transition for as long as possible with weaves and braids btu with all the itching i've had from this week old weave i dont know how long i will last... But once again sorry what is BSS weave is it a brand or type of weave, you'll have to excuse me i'm a newbie as well to top it off.... :(

glamazon386

I was just told after buying premium now hair, that it is a really low quality brand... gosh this hair stuff is confusing... I just want my natural locs....lol transitioning feels like it will be trying but i wont give up, i wanted to transition for as long as possible with weaves and braids btu with all the itching i've had from this week old weave i dont know how long i will last... But once again sorry what is BSS weave is it a brand or type of weave, you'll have to excuse me i'm a newbie as well to top it off.... :(

BSS just means Beauty Supply Store. So it means hair you buy in the beauty supply store versus ordering from a high end vendor which usually sells virgin remy hair. Many of the beauty supply store brands/lines have a luxury better quality remy line (like for instance somebody mentioned Saga. Velvet Remi and Goddess Remi are also luxury bss remy lines.) They are more reasonable price wise and are of pretty good quality if you don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on hair. I've never brought high end luxury hair and don't intend to because for one I don't think it's necessary because the brands I've used have suited me just fine over the past 7 years. And for two I change my style all the time. If I planned on wearing the same weave for an extended period of time (reinstalling the same hair for more than one weave) then it would make more sense to invest in more expensive hair and reuse it because it would be more cost effective in the long run. But to each her own. HTH...

ETA: OP since you already have the hair installed just try to work with it. You might have to get some products on it and stay on top of detangling it but you should be able to get at least a month out of that hair. I would suggest you wash and deep condition first. Then maybe put a leave on the hair and wrap it. Or blow dry and flat iron with a serum. Get something on there to get it sleek and smooth and then style it. Don't worry about it. Just do your research on the hair should you decide to get a weave in the future.

And get some braid spray to combat that itching. All weaves itch the first few days or so.

Last edited: