Weave maintenance: Straight vs Curly vs Wavy

I'm going to get a weave and am torn between a straight weave or a curly/wavy one. I want the least amount of maintenance, manipulation in terms of blending my hair with the weave. I'm not going to go very long maybe to armpit length. I will be using human hair most likely from adorablehair.com. Any experiences, opinions anyone can offer would be of great help. Thanks!

keylargo

i'm currently wearing a sewn in weave. my hair is loose in the front, sides and most of the top. i have the back in cornrows and the tracks sewn in. i do it myself every week.

i was using straight hair when i had it professionally done, but found it to require too much maintenance. i'm using wavy and sometimes curly hair now. i'm really happy with the curly/wavy look. imo, it looks more natural.

also, i did not want to use daily heat on my hair in order to blend it in. i have 4a/b relaxed hair. it requires me to use heat to straighten it if i want it as straight as a straight weave. with the wavy hear, i can wash and go. i slick it back with gel and i keep it moist with water and glycerin. i also spray the tracks with my water/glycerin and lavender oil combo daily. this keeps my hair from drying out under the weave. so far, it's working better than any other moisturizer that i've tried.

keylargo

that will depend on the quality of hair you buy. i bought my from a beauty supply store. it hasn't tangled yet and i've had it for a month. i don't remember what brand it is but i hear beverly johnson is a good brand. i use conditioners on it to keep it neat without rinsing out the conditioner.