SEMI PERMANENT CONFUSION

cutiepie7

Ok...so I understand that semi permanent color will not lighten your natural color, but will it produce any change at all? For example my hair is very dark brown and I want some lighter brown or copper or even gold undertones. If I applied a semi permanent color in one of these colors, even though the shade is just deposited, wouldn't I be able to see a difference as in a color undertone and shine at least when I'm in the sun? Also, I'm assuming that getting a very light semi permanent color like a light copper is not going to do anything dramatic right? I don't want to scare myself when I look in the mirror

Karonica

Light semi-permanents do nothing for dark hair, but add some shine (depending on how well your hair reflects light) and if it has red tones, perhaps it'll add a tint. Even so, with a lot of them, you can only see the tones in the sun. The only way to lighten the hair is by permanent color.

Lindy is the only person I know who's hair color has come out lighter with a semi-permanent.

mirrormirror

Hi Cutiepie7

You should consider Clairol luminize in clear, it's a gentle conditioning lightener and contains no ammonia. It permanently lifts your current haircolor a shade lighter.

Using Clairol luminizer will change your dark brown hair to light brown. Its just a one step process, without actually adding "color" to your hair.

luminize

Tracy

Mirror have you used Luminizer yourself? I'm curious because I've never heard anything good about this product.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

mirrormirror

Hi Tracy

I used it today after major reserach and reviews. I actually found more positive than negative reviews. I used the clear and it did actually pull my natural hair color even lighter.

My starting hair clor had different tones of browns from medium to very light brown. So the luminizer made my medium brown lift to light brown, and my light brown lift to a dark blonde.

In the past when I bleached my hair and then added color, it turned my hair orangey, so I definately wanted to get away from that.

I really decided to try Luminize because I wanted a natural sunkissed look and to take each different shades of brown up a notch, without anything drastic. And the good thing is that it didnt turn brassy. And there is no ammonia like most permies, and its so quick and easy. I highly recommend using Luminize in clear.

Tracy, I would like to know what have u heard regarding luminize? Thanks in advance.

Tracy

Mirror,

Well I don't want to scare you
but everyone I have ever known to use this product said it made the hair break off uncontrollably....

BABY your hair girl....

I heard it just too drying for relaxed hair. Make sure you pay attention to how well you hair is retaining moisture (moisture retention is the first thing to go when the coloring process has damaged the hair) and make sure you give it protein periodically and regularly. Mild protein treatments will do.

Try the color bootcamp regime - just to be safe.