Best Brand for Pantothenic Acid supplement?

Boadicea

Can anyone recommend one? How long have you been taking it and what have your results been? Is it in tablet or capsule form? Any complications?

TIA!

keylargo

I would say Country Life's pantothenic acid. I really don't have much to compare it to but I found it to be very effective. I was taking it a year or so back and had to stop taking it. It was making my hair feel too thick and weird. It's hard to describe but I didn't like it. I was taking 500mg twice a day for about a month. I'll see if I can find the thread that I posted about it on. It was a while ago though.

I just started taking Country Life's choline-inositol complex a couple of weeks ago. It contains only 100mg of pantothenic acid but, I think it's working already. It's helping with my sinuses. I'm not sure if it's doing anything for my hair.... I can say that most of the Country Life brand of vitamins have been very effective. I was taking 5mg of Country Life Biotin and noticed thicker roots. It didn't seem to speed up my growth though

Tracy

I took Twinlab. Worked like a charm and easy to find. I picked mine up at local drugstores whenever I needed to restock. Vitamin Shoppe also carries it. ;)

ETA: They're capsules - I have trouble taking tablets for some reason. I took a splut 1000mg. dose - 500mgs in the AM and PM for about 2 months before I began to notice a difference.

Brownie

Boadicea said:
Can anyone recommend one? How long have you been taking it and what have your results been? Is it in tablet or capsule form? Any complications?

TIA!

Swanson vitamins on-line has a good brand, and the price is right; the best I found for the dosage and capsules per bottle. I used it for a while before I trimmed my vitamin list. I took the capsules, and I didn't have any side effects. As for the results, I was taking other stuff also at the time, so I can't really say.

LABETT

I took the Puritan's Pride brand for 6 month did not really see a difference and switched to Solaray brand found at the vitamin shoppe and saw better results.
I dont really take B5 that much now since I started using the Nexxus Cystine Treatment followed by a moisturizing conditioner this treatment has really made my hair thicker.

mrslee

Love yourself first!
keylargo said:
I would say Country Life's pantothenic acid. I really don't have much to compare it to but I found it to be very effective. I was taking it a year or so back and had to stop taking it. It was making my hair feel too thick and weird. It's hard to describe but I didn't like it. I was taking 500mg twice a day for about a month. I'll see if I can find the thread that I posted about it on. It was a while ago though.

I just started taking Country Life's choline-inositol complex a couple of weeks ago. It contains only 100mg of pantothenic acid but, I think it's working already. It's helping with my sinuses. I'm not sure if it's doing anything for my hair.... I can say that most of the Country Life brand of vitamins have been very effective. I was taking 5mg of Country Life Biotin and noticed thicker roots. It didn't seem to speed up my growth though
So when you stop taking the vitamins does your revert back to his original state?

keylargo

mrslee said:
So when you stop taking the vitamins does your revert back to his original state?
No, I don't think my roots reverted back to its exact original state but, the puffy dryness feeling went away. It was completely bizarre but that's what happened. Maybe I was taking too much.

Boadicea

I've just ordered the Twinlab Pantothenic Acid. I'll take one in the morning and one around dinner time and let you guys know my results!

Miss_Jetsetter

I've been taking the twinlab B5 for ariund two months now and I must say that it has been fantastic!

as soon as my pics finish uploading (I have dial-up so it's reeeeeaaal sllllloooowwww) i will but them in my album cause I am finally seeing results.

I think that you've made a GREAT choice with twinlab!

Good luck!!!

Maxitonia

While searching pantothenic acid B5 I realize that you have to take 1000 mcg and most of them comes in 500 mcg so you would have to take it twice a day once in the AM and once in the PM. The only one that comes in 1000 mcg is by Country life, I would rather take one capsule instead of two and save my self one pill a day. You can find it in the Vitamin Shoppe for $12.00.