Biotin and B-5 (Pantothenic Acid)

Is anyone taking them together? I took biotin only for four weeks and my acne increased a little. I've heard the wonderful effects that B-5 (Pantothenic Acid) can do for your face and I was wondering if you noticed the B-5 improving your skin while taking biotin? Please include how much of the both you are taking. Thanks in advance!

mblake8

hi,
i take 3 to 5 mg of biotin as well as 2000mg of B5 a day. one time i ran out of B5 and my skin broke out. I got my shipment and started taking it again and my skin magically cleared up. I will never stop taking B5 again. i also had to stop taking MSM because it broke me out too. Also try the Acne Cure that is in the Skin Care forum. This has helped me out tremedously also.
HTH
M. Blake

lunalight7

I dont suffer from acne at all but I took 1000mgs of biotin for about 8 months w/o any problems. I got significant growth from it to. I recently (late December) began taking 250 mg of B5 to increase the thickness of my hair. But I stopped taking biotin about two months ago to give my body a rest. Also, I just started taking Delinea and I wanted to be able to know the effects. I havent had any problems with any of these supplements so far. HTH.

Mahalialee4

I take both of them. People tell me I have beautiful skin and tone. I also wash my face with Pear Soap and add a drop of T Tree Ess. Oil to the lather in may hand on a daily basis to prevent breakouts and kill bacteria. I am not currently taking the regular dosages of MSM because I want to hold off on that till I see what Mr. Surge is going to do and sometimes MSM gives me a headache. Even when I drink lots of water. Bonjour.