Best (affordable) products you have ever used to successfully roller set your hair?

curlytwirly06

I am terrible at roller setting. My hair is 3ish and it always comes out thin , oily and limp looking. I am thinking this is because I used to many products on my fine strands and did not clarify before hand. I was wondering if any of you ladies could share your products used for roller setting, brushes and all, and maybe some techniques as well? Also when you roller set, do you need a heat protectant? How do you get the roots semi-smooth looking without using a flat iron? I tried using rubber bands and then roller setting but I went through hell and high water getting them out. Any tips on how to successfully wrap hair and maintenance afterwards? I have read threads and many youtube videos but still feel lost. Thanks.

Re: Best (affordable) products you have ever used to successfully roller set your ha

you should pop into the setting to success thread

Those ladies have tried lots of foams, gels, cremes and the like.

For setting i like a gentle shampoo, DC, rinse with water ( no conditioner) light leave in, flax seed gel and rollers. I cant use oil after DC step because my hair will never dry and be too oily. But that is a symptom of LoPo hair.

Back