Be Encouraged: "What is Real?"

Nice & Wavy

"Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him."
James 1:12 (NIV)

Has your trust ever been shattered by someone you love?

Recently I was faced with a very unsettling situation. I was shocked when I learned of hidden sin that had spun its way into the life of someone I care about deeply.

For weeks, I pleaded with God on my knees for an explanation, for understanding, for clarity. My sense of reality had been threatened and betrayed. I desperately cried out, "What is real Lord; tell me what is real. Because what I thought was real may not be."

I went to bed one night trying to make peace with the fact that maybe I was never supposed to understand this devastating circumstance. I had many questions, but few answers. I had many thoughts, but few explanations. When I awoke the next morning, during my quiet time, the Lord gently began to reveal some answers to my wounded heart.

I was reminded of my need for Him -- my never-ending, all-consuming need for Him. Too often I find myself taking my eyes off Him and attempting to live difficult situations in my own strength. I was profoundly challenged by Colossians 3:1-2, "Since then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things" (NIV). Unfortunately, my focus had completely shifted to myself and my questions. And apart from God, my focus had become distorted.

I was reminded that I needed to continue to seek the Lord and patiently wait for what He had in store. Like Paul with his thorn, I too began to beg the Lord to take this hurt away. Make it disappear, Lord. "But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness'" (2 Corinthians 12:9, NIV). By admitting my frailty, God was able to affirm His strength in me.

And finally, He pointed me to what is real. He gently reminded me that He is real. My God is real. Though on this earth I will face many stressful situations, many disappointments, and many hurts, I know that my God is real and He will never leave me. I once again found loving comfort in the words from Moses to Joshua in Deuteronomy 31:8, "The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged" (NIV). I knew I had to completely depend on God and believe in His goodness.

My assignment in this difficult circumstance was clear. The Lord was asking me to continue to pray, believe, trust, seek, wait, and focus on Him and Him alone. I am so thankful that nothing will ever separate me from His unfailing love. And THAT my friend is real.

Dear Lord, thank you for the life lessons you will teach me each day. Give me renewed strength as a wife and mother. Help me to continue to desire you and to seek you through each situation I will face. I want to completely depend on you God. I love you Lord, and I trust you. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I needed this today. For lately, I've been confronted with having to discern what is real and what is not. The thing is, I didn't want to 'see' what was real.

I work in a small office setting (only 11 of us) and we have become a 'family', where we have a bond with each other. YET, I often have to accept the fact that we all do not 'think' alike... :perplexed :perplexed :perplexed

I just have challenges when we get along fine until a disagreeable subject arises and their thoughts are not 'real'. And I have to accept the 'real' truth that we are all not like-minded.

And there's one person here who will always call it my 'religious' thinking. Well, God is NOT religion. He's not. He's God and He's the Creator of all.

Your message today reminded me that, even when I become discouraged or disappointed, God who IS real, has never left me without His presence no matter what.

Precious Wavy...you did once again. Allowed God to use you to bless us right were we are.

Love you precious sis.... :grouphug2:

Hey KLB.....I love you too, precious one... :grouphug2:

dlewis

I need this to. I'm having a hard time with a couple of things. I trying to stay focused but I feel like I'm being attacked in every way shape and form. Life is not the best at the moment.

Nice & Wavy

I needed this today. For lately, I've been confronted with having to discern what is real and what is not. The thing is, I didn't want to 'see' what was real.

I work in a small office setting (only 11 of us) and we have become a 'family', where we have a bond with each other. YET, I often have to accept the fact that we all do not 'think' alike... :perplexed :perplexed :perplexed

I just have challenges when we get along fine until a disagreeable subject arises and their thoughts are not 'real'. And I have to accept the 'real' truth that we are all not like-minded.

And there's one person here who will always call it my 'religious' thinking. Well, God is NOT religion. He's not. He's God and He's the Creator of all.

Your message today reminded me that, even when I become discouraged or disappointed, God who IS real, has never left me without His presence no matter what.

Precious Wavy...you did once again. Allowed God to use you to bless us right were we are.

Love you precious sis.... :grouphug2:

Hey KLB.....I love you too, precious one... :grouphug2:

I'm so happy that you were blessed by this message, Shimmie. This blessed me too, and reminded me of who God is and how much I have to remember that He is very, very REAL!

Sometimes, I get so emotional when I get messages like this....I really do.

I love you too, sis.

Nice & Wavy

I need this to. I'm having a hard time with a couple of things. I trying to stay focused but I feel like I'm being attacked in every way shape and form. Life is not the best at the moment.

I know what you are going through. I'm beening attacked in so many areas of my life right now, and I know its for a season, but it can be difficult to stand in the face of adversity some times. However, we do have the ability to go to the throne room of Grace in time of need. And when we stay there, we get "re-charged", even in the midst of all the turmoil and all the "stuff".

I'm praying for you, girl...and you know I'm here for you...at anytime.

Love you, sis.