BBD STRETCH with Heat...

DangerouslyShy

is a miracle!! When I didnt use heat, it wasnt working as well, but this time I washed my hair and slathered a whole bunch of the stretch in my hair, and sat under the dryer for 30-40 minutes. As soon as i rinsed it out and started detangling, i noticed NO hair at ALL was in my comb for the first time!!! I was so happy!!

What I did was rubbed a little in my hair along with NTM silk and surge and rolled my hair on purple perm rods, and went under the dryer. Its still wet but I will take pics when im done.

But really if the stretch didnt work for you without heat, dont give up on it try it with the heat!!

Yeah the irbys website had said to use heat, but I had never tried it that way. I still got good results with it tho. I dont use it as regularly now that I'm natural but I was planning on doing a deep conditioner today or tomorrow and may use it with my heating cap.

Okay I need to try this cause I sure as heck was gonna list it as a miss for July. I've been using it primarily as a leave in before sitting under the dryer and haven't noticed any decrease in breakage. I thought that would be enough heat:ohwell:.

I never tried using it this way either. I mean I used it with heat as a leave-in when I would rollerset and sometimes during the week I would apply a smalle amount and heat it up with my hand blowdryer. I think I will try it like this a few times. I mean I did notice a difference in the way I was using it, but this way sounds more effective.

hi ladies..

the best way to describe bbd stretch growth creme is as a water based reconstructor
this is where i bought it from: http://www.irbysbeautysupply.com/BBD.html

Stretch Growth Creme is a water-based, water soluble hair re-constructor. It
contains 22 amino acids. (Stretch is not a conditioner, conditioners coat and
has a tendency to build up on the hair shaft, therefore insulating the hair and
preventing vital moisture from being absorbed.) The key to hair, therefore
allowing maximum penetration of the 22 amino acids.
Stretch is a heat activated, moisturizing and leave-in re-constructor. Stretch
does not work properly without heat. For instance, blow-dry the stretch in,
applying the stretch from your hand to your head and physically pushing the
product into the hair shaft, therefore applying friction, and creating heat.
Stretching be used as a reconstructing treatment. 16oz Jar

yea ladies it was going in my july miss category as well...it just wasnt working as a leave in for me. But I think if put a whole bunch of it on and soak your hair with it after you wash your hair and than go under the dryer it will work. I rinsed mine out afterwards and than conditioned.

It really worked for me because without it I always have breakage especially when my hair is wet, but this stopped it completely. I might of had 3 strands in my detangling comb. thats REALLY good for me.

Man I want to get my hands on this stuff so bad!! But the price whew is not workin for me right now. Hey d-shy are you using any of their other products or just BBD strecth. I read on another post if you mix the Kaela oil and relaxing balm together you can get the silkiest flat iron afterward. I'm curious....

I think it works better with heat too I blow dry mine in with blowdryer on low setting.
I have also tried it as a deep conditioner and loved the result.
The BBD shampoo is similar to CON just smells better.
Kaela oil and flat iron silkening lotion gives when I flatiron with my Maxiglide.

I didn't even know they had a shampoo, but I am willing to try it. I definitely want to try the Kaela Oil (I will have to go by the BSS that sold the BBD Stretch, Jasmine's in Columbus, OH).

Since I don't have a hooded dryer, I use BBD Stretch as a deep conditioner. I wash and then leave it in for about an hour and rinse. It works best for me this way. I have recently mix the BBD Stretch with Black n' Sassy's Leave-In Conditioner and I love this, I use it daily as a moisturizer.

I will probably get a hooded dryer after the summer is over, and then I will do some more experimenting with the BBD Stretch.

She is so right it does work better with heat, I had tried it nightly as a moisturizer and my hair was puffing up, then when I tried saturating my hair with it then letting it air dry and then ironing it my hair came out supper straight and smooth kind of big though like I had put hair spray in it or something

Im glad you ladies figured it out too...

I havent used any of the other BBD products but I use mine with castor oil and it wokrs great

Back