How do you guys use BBD Stretch?

Loliz

Hi all. I've been searching the threads and so far I have found many different ways people have used this product. I'm thoroughly confused. Big Bad D himself says the product needs heat and that it should be used as a leave-in, but some people say they wash it out. What is the best way to use it?
I think if I'm understanding most of you, you are using it like this:
1. Wash hair.
2. Apply Stretch and sit under dryer for 20-30 minutes.
3. (and this is where I'm confused) Some people WASH it out, and then REAPPLY a small amount and proceed to blow-dry, press, etc. Other people seem to just go straight to styling it. Some people RINSE it out and proceed to styling.

What has worked for most? And for those who have tried more than one way, what has worked the best? How much are you using of the Stretch?
Also, is the flat iron cream really that much different than the Stretch and do you need to use both? BBD recommends using both, but of course he is trying to sell the products.
Thanks.

so1913

I use Stretch as a deep conditioner and leave in. If I deep condition, I saturate my hair with it, use a heat cap for 20-30 min. I rinse out because there is way too much product to leave in. Sometimes I rinse out leaving some in, but it's hard to gage how much is left in, so I'll just reaply enough for leave in which is about a quarter size amount. If I conditioner wash my hair which is almost daily, I use as leave in. As far as heat is concerned, I sometimes use a diffuser to style, so that's my heat factor, if not, I wrap my hair up in a towel for a few and allow my body heat to help the product penetrate.

Stretch and Flat Iron Creme are two COMPLETELY different products that do different things. Stretch is a reconstructor, water based, light product that conditions, reconstructs, and protects the hair. The flat iron creme is an oil based styling product for flat ironing, analogy, the same as pressing creme is for pressing. Both can be used together for good results.

HTH

Loliz

so1913 said:
I use Stretch as a deep conditioner and leave in. If I deep condition, I saturate my hair with it, use a heat cap for 20-30 min. I rinse out because there is way too much product to leave in. Sometimes I rinse out leaving some in, but it's hard to gage how much is left in, so I'll just reaply enough for leave in which is about a quarter size amount. If I conditioner wash my hair which is almost daily, I use as leave in. As far as heat is concerned, I sometimes use a diffuser to style, so that's my heat factor, if not, I wrap my hair up in a towel for a few and allow my body heat to help the product penetrate.

Stretch and Flat Iron Creme are two COMPLETELY different products that do different things. Stretch is a reconstructor, water based, light product that conditions, reconstructs, and protects the hair. The flat iron creme is an oil based styling product for flat ironing, analogy, the same as pressing creme is for pressing. Both can be used together for good results.

HTH

Thanks for the explanation. That makes things a lot easier to understand. I will try it this way this weekend although I am not natural - I press my hair so maybe the results will be somewhat different.

sherann

I use Stretch as a deep conditioner and a leave in especially near relaxing time. I deep condition under the dryer for 15 minutes, rinse out and then apply a small amount (less than a quarter size) before roller setting. It makes detangling a breeze.

metalkitty

I used BBD Stretch as a leave in and would dry under a hooded dryer using the ponytail method to activate it. I did this for awhile a few times a week and my hair was the healthiest it had been 5-6 months post relaxer, I was losing only a hair or two a day combing.

KiniKakes

Ive heard really great things about this product.... but havent bought it yet. Its just so expensive, and ive found that the Aphogee treatment + regular washing/deep conditioning is enough to curb any breakage in its tracks.

tallnomad

I only use this product when I'm wearing my hair wet. I officially started wetting my hair yesterday (I have a texturizer). I use it as a leave on and my hair is so moisture-laden and shiny. I did a conditioner wash and then added the stretch into my hair afterwards. It definitely kept my hair moisturized and soft.