Bald patches after 2+wks using JBCO. Help and tips for regime?

Stephanay

Bald patches. Results after using JBCO for about a month. Help and tips for regime??

I dont know if theres a noticeable difference or whether its down to the jamaican castor oil or time itself.
Does the second pic look fuller? It feels like it

I relaxed it right before I did a full fringe whole head but I'm now combing through new growth at the front. I've not really seen a difference on my edges though
photo (1).JPG

photo.JPG

(Please click them to see it bigger if it comes up as an icon)
The black castor oil I'm using is Oil of Palma Christi. About twice a day I rub it on the front of my hair, nape and edges and massage it for a few minutes

My hair is in this condition because Ive been under stress and anxiety wholly caused through a turbelent breakup and a bad diet since I can remember.

Im doing the big chop soon, just to level everything out.

Ive also bought Puritans Pride Biotion (5mg) and a natural hair pomade consisting of coconut oil, shea butter and oils including vit E which I'm planning to start soon. I'm also planning to buy a sulfate free argan oil shampoo and conditioner along with a sunny isle jcbo too

I'm currently taking normal multivamins from the shop.

Hopefully my plan of action will bode me well! My hair is in a terrible state, and I've stopped relaxing my hair and now going natural. Ive done it before with the BC but gave in to relaxers from pressure.
Any more advice?

Please dont poke fun girls I'm here for advice and emulate you lovely ladies and your beautiful hair. I have enough damage to my hair dont add more to it with your words.
Thanks.

Last edited:

empressri

I truly don't think the castor oil gave you the patches, I think it was the stress and diet and everything else. But I will tell you this bit, you can get away with using the castor oil once, and let it be on wash day. I use regular castor oil on my scalp and throughout the length of my hair. I don't massage it in, I sort of 'grease' each part with it before putting it on the rest of my hair and then I twist. That is really all I need.

So don't get discouraged!! First and foremost keep yourself happy, I hope you feel better and dont let the little things get to you :yep:

KinkyGenius

Are you saying that you believe the JBCO caused the patches or that the JBCO is not doing much to grow the hair back? If it's the latter, I hear that sulfur-based growth aids are good for regrowing hair.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
I don't believe that two weeks is enough time for the JBCO to work on your edges. When you do your Big Chop, I'd recommend wearing a wig in lieu of braids or weaves, so your edges can recuperate from the tension.

As stated before, minimize your stress. I don't know how to say this, but there's plenty of fish in sea. Please don't lose your hair over a relationship!

I'm sure some other ladies will have plenty of recommendations. This is a loving and supportive community, I don't believe anyone is going to poke fun at your hair.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I wonder if it was poor neutralization after Relaxing?

I had an issue at a Salon, where the stylist did not properly neutralize which is what led me to LHCF in the 1st place.

It gave me a similar looking outcome in various spots.

I really don't think it is JBCO. Possibly stress, diet and perhaps unproperly neutralizing, old relaxer and/or over processing.

Carmelella

Not sure what u mean with the title? Castor oil making u lose hair? Or not working to help support growth?

Either way the first picture looks a little fuller to me than the second. But at maximum since u were previously losing hair u could expect 1/4 inch grow .. Probably too little to notice. So I bet what I see is just lighting effect. I don't say this to discourage... I don't want u to start stressing even more and changing up products b/c u r disappointed after 2 weeks.

Try MINOXIDIL, it's the same ingredient in rogaine. Can cause headaches, can cause an initial loss in hair, but does support growth. I go back and forth with my feelings on this product.

Good luck!

Stephanay

Hey sorry I didnt word the title correctly, I meant I have bald patches and have been using JCBO for 2 weeks and the 2nd pic is the result of that.

Stephanay

Are you saying that you believe the JBCO caused the patches or that the JBCO is not doing much to grow the hair back? If it's the latter, I hear that sulfur-based growth aids are good for regrowing hair.

Hey sorry I worded it wrong I mean I have bald patches and been using the oil for two weeks

Stephanay

I wonder if it was poor neutralization after Relaxing?

I had an issue at a Salon, where the stylist did not properly neutralize which is what led me to LHCF in the 1st place.

It gave me a similar looking outcome in various spots.

I really don't think it is JBCO. Possibly stress, diet and perhaps unproperly neutralizing, old relaxer and/or over processing.

I worded the title wrong sorry! I mean Ive been using the oil for the bald patches i never meant the oil causes patches

Stephanay

I don't believe that two weeks is enough time for the JBCO to work on your edges. When you do your Big Chop, I'd recommend wearing a wig in lieu of braids or weaves, so your edges can recuperate from the tension.

As stated before, minimize your stress. I don't know how to say this, but there's plenty of fish in sea. Please don't lose your hair over a relationship!

I'm sure some other ladies will have plenty of recommendations. This is a loving and supportive community, I don't believe anyone is going to poke fun at your hair.

Yes Im planning to wear a wig. I plan on braids when my edges have grown and even then I wont pick at them for braids illl leave it out.

Stephanay

Not sure what u mean with the title? Castor oil making u lose hair? Or not working to help support growth?

Either way the first picture looks a little fuller to me than the second. But at maximum since u were previously losing hair u could expect 1/4 inch grow .. Probably too little to notice. So I bet what I see is just lighting effect. I don't say this to discourage... I don't want u to start stressing even more and changing up products b/c u r disappointed after 2 weeks.

Try MINOXIDIL, it's the same ingredient in rogaine. Can cause headaches, can cause an initial loss in hair, but does support growth. I go back and forth with my feelings on this product.

Good luck!

Hey and my hair state has been like this for more than a month now, Ive been using the castor oil for weeks actually Ive just been using it more religiously now

JaneBond007

My heart goes out to you! If you don't have heart disease, diabetes nor any other circulatory problems, incorporate full head massage with warmed oil on your scalp nightly. Lean over your bed and massage. Or do yoga to get blood flow to your head often. Avoid relaxing but if you wanted to texturize, choose something like Xenna Curlaway or a new growth softener cream like Jamaican Mango & Lime.

Last edited:

bunnie82

Please don't stone me....I mean this in the nicest way possible... :bighug: ...Okay here goes...

Is that a weave? Could the baldness be contributed by the weave? It's so far back which means that it's been in for a while...the stress of the tracks "hanging on" could definitely cause some hair to be pulled out.... ya feel me?

bunnie82

Re: Bald patches. Results after using JBCO for about a month. Help and tips for regim

I dont know if theres a noticeable difference or whether its down to the jamaican castor oil or time itself.
Does the second pic look fuller? It feels like it

I relaxed it right before I did a full fringe whole head but I'm now combing through new growth at the front. I've not really seen a difference on my edges though
View attachment 204943

View attachment 204945

(Please click them to see it bigger if it comes up as an icon)
The black castor oil I'm using is Oil of Palma Christi. About twice a day I rub it on the front of my hair, nape and edges and massage it for a few minutes

My hair is in this condition because Ive been under stress and anxiety wholly caused through a turbelent breakup and a bad diet since I can remember.

Im doing the big chop soon, just to level everything out.

Ive also bought Puritans Pride Biotion (5mg) and a natural hair pomade consisting of coconut oil, shea butter and oils including vit E which I'm planning to start soon. I'm also planning to buy a sulfate free argan oil shampoo and conditioner along with a sunny isle jcbo too

I'm currently taking normal multivamins from the shop.

Hopefully my plan of action will bode me well! My hair is in a terrible state, and I've stopped relaxing my hair and now going natural. Ive done it before with the BC but gave in to relaxers from pressure.
Any more advice?

Please dont poke fun girls I'm here for advice and emulate you lovely ladies and your beautiful hair. I have enough damage to my hair dont add more to it with your words.
Thanks.

Stephanay maybe I misunderstood your post?
Because you created a thread saying that the JBCO was helping filling in....but now on this thread it could be a cause along with your stress??? I'm lost.... :ohwell:

Stephanay

Re: Bald patches. Results after using JBCO for about a month. Help and tips for regim

Stephanay maybe I misunderstood your post?
Because you created a thread saying that the JBCO was helping filling in....but now on this thread it could be a cause along with your stress??? I'm lost.... :ohwell:

i titled it wrong
i never said it was a cause

ilong

God's Own
Stephanay - Looking at your pictures - your hair can grow back and I think it can grow back thicker and healthier. But you have to work on the inside and out.
Inside: reduce stress/anxiety and take a hair supplement (biotin, silica, msm, etc.)

Outside: 1.) I would research the thread on alopecia areata - there are recipes for hair growth oil mixtures in that thread which I think would benefit you. 2.) I would use one of those natural oil mixtures to massage the patches, nightly
3.)NO MORE WEAVES - EXTENSIONS - BRAIDS. If your hair which is out in the front was weak and fragile enough to break off - then I would assume the rest of your hair is weak as well. The added weight/stress of weaves and extensions on the weak and fragile strands will lead to more hair loss. A bald patch I had many years, was getting larger because of weaves/extensions I was wearing. It is the side I sleep on - so I believe I would be lying on the hair - try to move my head and pull the weave/bread - which lead to hair loss.
4.)Be sure to KEEP your hair moisturized, conditioned and sealed.
5.) Study the threads on LHCF. There is more information on the forum as a whole - than can be posted in this thread.
6.) Believe that LHCF members are here to help, motivate, support. I don't recall ever reading posts where members poked fun at someone seeking help.
7.) Be committed, protective and passionate about your hair.
8.) Set goals and work toward them.

LovelyDelight

Stephanay: How is the progress with your hair and edges since using the JBCO?
I hope you have been able to reduce the stress and anxiety. Its happened to me too (causing thinning hair), so you're not alone.

NaturalfienD

Good luck OP!! A lot of great points raised in terms of the weave being a possible culprit or poor neutralizing after your last relaxer.
The only bit I have to offer is the possibility of going to a dermatologist to follow up on the hair loss. I bet they can prescribe a cream or solution to apply daily that will encourage growth. I had hair loss (hair plum fell out towards the front of my scalp) and the doctor gave me a few injections and prescribed a cream. My hair grew back and is still growing.

Good luck!!