Essential Oil for Edges Regime Help

flower

Hello Ladies,

I need your help. Some of you have a progress using rosemary and/ or peppermint oil to regrow your edges. I tried this and my edges have regressed some what. I do not know if it is due to stress or bagging my head on my wig( doing the wig challenge) or the brand of oil ( I used Now essential oil ). Any suggestions?

Here is my regime:

3 oz bottle filled with distilled water
3 drops of rosemary oil ( I later tried pepper. oil still no improvement)

onyxmin

It has been 3 weeks and my aphogee essential oil seems to be to doing a good job on my edges. I'll recommend it.

PS: I spray water on my edges almost every morning....not too much tho

Good luck!

Traycee

I have seen amazing results with Castor Oil....You can also mix in your essential oils in it...And the Castor Oil you would oil that area..2-3 times a week...

mscocoface

You may have to stop using the wigs and bags that cover or manipulate the edges.

I know that is my issue. I can't do any manipulation with my edges not sure why that is. I just did an aphogee treatment for my edges and am using my oils it is slow but progressing.

This is making for some interesting style designs right now.

I am using straight oils in my reggie.

Mustard Oil (strong smell)
Jamaican Black Castor Oil
Emu oil
Peppermint

When I do deep conditioning I make sure the cap is way over towards my forehead insted of my edges. As for wigs the only type I can wear now are 3/4 wigs.

I flat twist my front and then wear the 3/4 on the rest of my hair.

as for how much of each usually 3 tablespoons of each and about 5-10 drops of the peppermint to mask the scent of the JBCO and the mustard oil.

Sometimes I use rosemary sometimes I don't. The smell is really strong to me. I mix these all in one of those coloring bottles you get from like a Sally's that is a tip applicator because I only want this mixture on my edges. Then I will message it in real good because I don't want it running down my face during the day.

To moisten that area I have used Hawaiian silky 14 n 1, cheapie conditioner, etc. As of now I have Hairveda 24/7 that I use.

I also invested in a one of those newborn baby brushes to use on my edges when I want to smooth out the small hairs. Could not find any brush bristles softer than that.

Urban

Emu oil has done the trick for me. I'm seeing great progress, but it's taken almost 3 months of being consistent.

Amari

Theres an essential oil blend proven to grow hair at the same rate as Rogain.I googled it over a year ago,but never made it.I would tweak this recipe to use JBCO because it does thicken my hair.If I had Emu oil I would throw that in as well.I love Peppermint so that would go as well.(I would throw out the jojoba and grapeseed as carrier oils)

Thyme 2 drops
Cedarwood 2 drops
Lavendar 3 drops
Rosemary 3 drops
Jojoba 1/2 tsp
Grapeseed 4 tsp

Add first 3 ingredients in a bowl, mix well then add last two ingredients.Mix thoroughly then massage into scalp daily.

SimplyBlessed

Theres an essential oil blend proven to grow hair at the same rate as Rogain.I googled it over a year ago,but never made it.I would tweak this recipe to use JBCO because it does thicken my hair.If I had Emu oil I would throw that in as well.I love Peppermint so that would go as well.(I would throw out the jojoba and grapeseed as carrier oils)

Thyme 2 drops
Cedarwood 2 drops
Lavendar 3 drops
Rosemary 3 drops
Jojoba 1/2 tsp
Grapeseed 4 tsp

Add first 3 ingredients in a bowl, mix well then add last two ingredients.Mix thoroughly then massage into scalp daily.

I was just about to mention that same reciepe....I just started 2 use that on my edges...I will post pics for progress when I start...I also added 1ml of emu oil 2 the mix....

I want 2 incorporate castor oil for thickness but dont know if it will mess up that mix...mmmm

flower

Thyme 2 drops
Cedarwood 2 drops
Lavendar 3 drops
Rosemary 3 drops
Jojoba 1/2 tsp
Grapeseed 4 tsp

Add first 3 ingredients in a bowl, mix well then add last two ingredients.Mix thoroughly then massage into scalp daily.[/QUO

Should I wash the area each morning since I spray the area daily.

flower

Do you ladies think it could be the brand of oil also? Someone told me that some brands are not pure in quality.

nymane

I just made a mix with JBCO, Emu Oil, rosemary, neem, sage...I'm going to try and apply that every other day as a general growth aid

WaistLengthDreams

Thyme 2 drops
Cedarwood 2 drops
Lavendar 3 drops
Rosemary 3 drops
Jojoba 1/2 tsp
Grapeseed 4 tsp

I keep seeing this recipe in a variety of places. Has anyone used this recipe?? Does it work??

I was just about to mention that same reciepe....I just started 2 use that on my edges...I will post pics for progress when I start...I also added 1ml of emu oil 2 the mix....

I want 2 incorporate castor oil for thickness but dont know if it will mess up that mix...mmmm

blueberryd

Jamaican black castor oil will really fill ur edges in. I used it on my edges b/c i had major breakage on my left temple area..breakage not thinning. I thought it would make that area grow faster, but instead it made more hair grow in that area. Does that make sense? I think it stimulated new hair follicles to grow, not necessarily speeding up overall growth

Nonie

Should I wash the area each morning since I spray the area daily.

I used that recipe to grow back bald spots with the biggest of them being in the back of my head. I didn't wash my head daily. The advice is also to cover your head with a warm towel after apply to allow penetration. I used a plastic cap instead coz the idea of oil drenched towels isn't very appealing to me: doing laundry isn't a favorite pastime of mine. :giggle:

I keep seeing this recipe in a variety of places. Has anyone used this recipe?? Does it work??

I saw you found my thread. Glad I could help. What's great is once the hair grew back, I didn't have to continue using it and the hair didn't fall off. Which is why I love natural remedies. They aren't addictive and while they may take longer to work than other methods, their results last.

OP, about wigs and baggying, the only way I can see you avoiding hairline damage is if you were making sure not to have the band on your hairline. If you have a 5-head like me, you'd be ably to move the band beyond your hairline without covering your eyebrows :giggle: Also rather than use a plastic cap with the elastic band, you can use Saran wrap and make sure to wrap it on your forehead in front of your hairline and place wig band there. If you don't have a huge forehead, I don't know how this will work. You might have to give up full wigs and do half wigs.