Aveda DR has ZERO slip

ashiah

I just recently bought two bottles of Aveda DR shampoo and Intensive Treatment off eBay. My hair has been breaking a lot (I'm transitioning...) so I decided to try it and see if it's as much as a miracle product as people say.

Well, I've used it twice so far and I love the shampoo, but I'm surprised with the treatment. There's no slip! I can't even get my shower comb through my hair. During my last wash I had to put some Paul Mitchell Super Charged Moisturizer conditioner on top to cut through tangles. Should transitioners not be using Aveda DR? It's so expensive for such a so-so conditioner. :ohwell:

Hey, I am relaxed, but I know when I have a lot of new growth Aveda DR does not work for me, either, it has no slip on my particular strands..and major tangling. I can only use Aveda within a couple of weeks after relaxing...but never going into a stretch after week 4..:perplexed

Hey, I am relaxed, but I know when I have a lot of new growth Aveda DR does not work for me, either, it has no slip on my particular strands..and major tangling. I can only use Aveda within a couple of weeks after relaxing...but never going into a stretch after week 4..:perplexed
Wow...
But don't naturals use this, too?

I just recently bought two bottles of Aveda DR shampoo and Intensive Treatment off eBay. My hair has been breaking a lot (I'm transitioning...) so I decided to try it and see if it's as much as a miracle product as people say.

Well, I've used it twice so far and I love the shampoo, but I'm surprised with the treatment. There's no slip! I can't even get my shower comb through my hair. During my last wash I had to put some Paul Mitchell Super Charged Moisturizer conditioner on top to cut through tangles. Should transitioners not be using Aveda DR? It's so expensive for such a so-so conditioner. :ohwell:

I use it with no problems and it provides slip. I'm 8 months post. I really hope you got an authentic Aveda DR product :confused:

I'm 14 weeks post and use Aveda with no problem.

My hair hated this stuff too...actually everything I have used from Aveda didn't do anything for me. Depends on the person and their hair I guess..

Hmmm...
The conditioner leaves my hair soft, there's no problem with that, but it leaves it so full of tangles. I'm torn because I really love the shampoo, but I don't want to keep wasting money on the conditioner.

I found the shampoo to be drying and it made my hair tangle. but I really like the conditioner and reconstructor.

i am 100% natural and i dont recall there being a huge amount of slip. i dont use it frequently and when i do i either use it as a prepoo or i mix it with my brillant conditioner for the moisturizing affect. i try to kill 2 birds with 1 stone:D
when i use it as a prepoo i dont need the slip just yet so that doesnt concern me as much

I use and love the treatment and I haven't experienced tangling. Just goes to show that not everything everyone raves about will work for your hair.

(you might want to try buying from Aveda directly next time b/c if you bought it from them, you could exchange it or get a full refund.)

i have tried the DR also and while it doesnt give me slip it works nicely but...

aveda SI works way better for me and gives me slip but it was recommended for me because the lady said that my hair doesn't look "damaged".

I'm sure if you sell it someone would buy it.

After using the DR treatment under the dryer for 20-30 I always follow with the cond for 5-10. Maybe that's why I have slip. I normally get good slip but on my last stretch, around 12wks nothing gave me slip. I'm 8 wks post now, so I'll see how it goes this time.

Do you comb your hair while the conditoner is in or out?

I comb/detangle my hair while the conditioner is in my hair. I haven't experienced any knots and I get good slip.

Are you using enough to give good slip?

You can try Silicone Mix if you haven't already or Lacio Lacio to help with the detangling process.

Im relaxed and I have never had this problem. Now, at 12 weeks post I found that I need to add a moisturizing shampoo after the treatment to prevent tangles but other than that it does my hair good.

I'm natural and I used DRIT for the 1st time this weekend. I loved it! I put it in and sat with a hot towel on my hair for about 15mins. My hair came out very soft.

I use it with no problem...detangling is a breeze. Friday is my wash day & im looking forward to mixing the DR conditoner with Brilliant conditioner...

ITA, this is what happened to me also. When I tried to used DR treatment and con at about 4 weeks post I ended up with a tangled mess. It works best for me the couple of weeks after a relaxer.

BTW, I purchased my products from an Aveda institute.

I envy you people with your tangle free hair.

I used the treatment and got ZERO slip. I'm still undecided on whether the conditioner is worth it. I'll probably get a sample this weekend.

Was the shampoo detangling?

I just used the DR and I must say I am extremely impressed, the slip was fine but more importantly it stopped the breakage from going from texlaxed to straiter.:)

I have and like Aveda DR... but i find I cant use the treatment past 8 weeks but the conditioner gives my hair LOTS of slip whenever. the shampoo is decent too

I haven't used Aveda yet, but here's my take on it: You said you used the shampoo and the treatment, but you didn't mention the condiditoner. Maybe it's because you didn't condition that you didn't get any slip? Was the treatment a protein based (again, I have yet to use Aveda) If so, maybe that's why your hair had no slip. I would try it again as well as use the conditioner. Then you can know for sure if it works for you. And like the others said, if it was bought at an Aveda store, you can always return it....or sell it to one of us. :look: :lol: HTH!!

Back