Aveda DR Restructuring Question

Travis Girl

I'm trying to fine tune my Aveda DR routine together. I'd like to know:

Do you use the Poo, Condish and Intensive Restructuring Treatment all together?

If so, any particular order?

And if you use the Condish and Treatment separately, how often do you do the Treatment?

Also how does a deep condish work its way into the mix?

I ask because, I think my hair loves the Treatment more than the Condish (hardly any tangles). :love2: Even though the Aveda site says okay to use the Treatment every week, I wonder is that too much? I'm considering maybe using another Condish instead of the DR one. I tried searching the threads and now I'm overwhelmed....:spinning:

I hope this helps.

I had an Aveda concept salon visit this past Monday (New Year's Eve). The stylist used the Damage Remedy line. She did the DR shampoo and and then (I believe) she went to the reconstructor mask/treatment (step two). I sat under the dryer with the mask on.

She said the mask is used once a month, unless one has damage, then they can use it more often.

I think my hair LOVES the stuff! My hair felt so good and soft and strong and no tangles.

I normally use the shampoo, conditioner and the treatment (in that order) each time I wash my hair. I really like this line.

I hope this helps.

I had an Aveda concept salon visit this past Monday (New Year's Eve). The stylist used the Damage Remedy line. She did the DR shampoo and and then (I believe) she went to the reconstructor mask/treatment (step two). I sat under the dryer with the mask on.

She said the mask is used once a month, unless one has damage, then they can use it more often.

I think my hair LOVES the stuff! My hair felt so good and soft and strong and no tangles.

Hey Girl, thanks for getting back with me. Did she follow up with anything afterwards? Each time I've had my visit, it's been the same products with a different process all the way up until she gets ready to do the leave in. So I can't make up my mind for my personal home care. I usually try to research with LHCF to make sure what the stylist does is "matching up." I guess I'm still a wee "stylist scared!"

I normally use the shampoo, conditioner and the treatment (in that order) each time I wash my hair. I really like this line.

Hey Allandra! How often do you do this? I like to wash my hair every week, usually after my martial arts class. Would that be too often?

Hey Girl, thanks for getting back with me. Did she follow up with anything afterwards? Each time I've had my visit, it's been the same products with a different process all the way up until she gets ready to do the leave in. So I can't make up my mind for my personal home care. I usually try to research with LHCF to make sure what the stylist does is "matching up." I guess I'm still a wee "stylist scared!"

She rinsed me out and then used the smoothing fluid and the universal styling cream before she did the blow-dry.

Hey Allandra! How often do you do this? I like to wash my hair every week, usually after my martial arts class. Would that be too often?
I wash my hair once a week. Every once in a while, I'll get lazy and go a little longer (but not often at all).

She rinsed me out and then used the smoothing fluid and the universal styling cream before she did the blow-dry.

See I need to check out what she's using for the blow dry. My last visit (Nov) I believe she used the Brilliant leave in, Smoothing Fluid was introduced for the front hairline (to not weigh down my front layers) and the like 4 drops of the Beautifying oil for the side/back length and ends.

ps. Are you a New Years Baby? If so HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!:birthday2

Last edited:
I wash my hair once a week. Every once in a while, I'll get lazy and go a little longer (but not often at all).

I'm gonna give it a try. I know I haven't used the condish or the treatment at the same time, that may be just the tip I need. :thankyou:

See I need to check out what she's using for the blow dry. My last visit (Nov) I believe she used the Brilliant leave in, Smoothing Fluid was introduced for the front hairline (to not weigh down my front layers) and the like 4 drops of the Beautifying oil for the side/back length and ends.

ps. Are you a New Years Baby? If so HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!:birthday2

Yeah! :yep: Thank you! Sometimes I feel like my b-day gets lost in all the holiday hooplah so it's nice to be remembered!
icon7.gif

Back