Naturals ( or Relaxed ) and Aveda Products

Blacktresses

Which Adeva hair care products do you purchase ???

Aveda Be Curly ?
Aveda Sap Moss ?

Or any other product. List what product and why you really like about the it ..... I really what to try the Be Curly!!! Since I'm nature I hoping to enhance my natural curls.....

Isis

I have Aveda Brilliant Anti-Humectant pomade to seal in moisture and keep humidity from reverting my hair. The main ingredient is castor oil and I use this all of the time.

I sometimes use Aveda Shine On Spray which are essential oils to add more shine.

bluwatersoul

I love love love Aveda Brilliant Univesal Styling Creme. It makes my hair extremely shiny while it keeps it moisturized and not sticky or greasy at all. Did I say I love it?

I use Aveda Sap Moss shampoo. It is a great moisturizing shampoo, incredible lather, and makes my hair very soft with alot of slip.

I am a relaxed 4a.

Kalani

I currently have Aveda's Sap Moss shampoo, Sap Moss conditioner, Deep Penetrating Revitalizer, Blue Malva Shampoo, Brilliant Conditioner, Brilliant humectant pomade, Emolliant finishing gloss, Self Control hair styling stick, Brilliant Universal styling cream and Elixer leave-in.
I um...have this PJ problem. :lol:

Anyway I'll give each product a quick review:

Sap Moss shampoo - nice and moisturizing but not sure if worth the price

Sap Moss Conditioner- couldn't get a wide tooth comb through my hair with this stuff. Tangle city!

Deep Penetrating Revitalizer- love this stuff! Strong protein conditioner. Very thick creamy formula, coats every hair. Seems to strengthen and heal.

Blue Malva shampoo- nice shampoo and pretty gentle. Good for maintaining color whether dyed or natural.

Brilliant conditioner- Good moisture and nice scent! Not much slip, IMO but I like it enough to keep it in stock.

Brilliant humectant pomade- FABULOUS! Its pricey so I use it sparingly, lol! Wish I could drench my hair in it though. Wonderful on new growth!

Brilliant Emolliant finishing gloss- great nourishing serum! Perfect after blowouts and rollersets. Also works well on damp curls before air drying.

Self Control hair styling stick - good for smoothing back unruly sides and new growth when doing a pull back style. Other than that a bit thick and waxy for any other styles.

Brilliant Universal styling cream- Fantabulous! I will always have this on hand! Great for styling, smoothing, keeping away frizz, you name it it does it!

Elixer- great leave-in! Creamy and thick like I like em! Very moisturizing.

Sorry I haven't tried Be Curly!

Hope some of this helps though! :)

Last edited:

northernbelle

I used to use the Aveda Brilliant line: Shampoo, conditioner, leave-in. I also used to use the Styling Curresence as a detangler, and the Deep Penetrating Revitalizer for intensive conditioning. I used these products for almost six years, from November 1997 to August 2003, with fairly good results. Then I discovered Kenra products, and realized that the Aveda products by comparison just did not go far enough to condition and moisturize my hair to the degree that was necessary.

BTW: I have since moved on from Kenra poducts to Avlon Keracare products

northernbelle

balisi

Another product junkie here! I haven't used the Be Curly much since I'm hooked on Curly Pudding and Curly Meringue, but I will try fingerstyling with it to see what results I get. I love the Sap Moss Shampoo and Brilliant Conditioner. I have the Sap Moss Spray Gel, but haven't used it much yet. I tried the styling stick but found that it made my hair catch lint, so I returned it. :( Brilliant Pomade and Universal Styling Creme work well on straightened hair, and the Shine Elements Pomade and Styling Creme (or whatever they're called) are great finishing products on straw sets, braid outs, etc.