Aveda Be Curly + Relaxed Hair = WORKS!!!!

pink gator

:drunk: I got a sample of Be Curly from the Aveda store Tuesday.

Did a dry DC with La Bomba for 45 minutes, and followed up with some Salerm leave-in. I let it airdry, and my hair exploded in pencil-sized CURLS!

So I hightailed it right back to the shop and bought a full-sized version, along with some Confixor (to firm the curl and cut down on frizzies), and did a cowash today after the gym with VO5 Strawberries & Cream Moisture Milk with some Giovanni Direct Leave-In: Success again, but much, much better!

If this didn't work, I was going to try Miss Jessie's Quick Curl via the BOGO special.

I received SO many compliments on my hair!

P.S. I used Phyto Index 1 on virgin hair on 12/10; did a hard protein a week days later and colored my hair with Clairol Textures & Tones in Cherrywood. My hair is mostly 3c with a smattering of 4a. Even though my hair blowdries bone straight with heat and does well with a 350 degree Solia flat iron, it doesn't revert unless I wash it.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions in the earlier thread.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Glad to see the sample worked out for you. Now you know whether its worth it (or not) to buy it.

ambs_0587

So you are relaxed and this gives you curls?? Hmmm

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Long Hair Care Forum App

pink gator

Nice results! So, are you bonelaxed, relaxed, or texlaxed?

Pretty color, too!

Thanks! I was looking for a color that was not too red but not too dark. That one's a winner!

I processed the Index 1 for 20 minutes, per Phyto's directions, but I still had curly hair. But it blow dries bone straight with no reversion whatsoever. Unless I get wet.

pink gator

So you are relaxed and this gives you curls?? Hmmm

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Long Hair Care Forum App

Correct. I'm not sure if it works on all relaxer brands. I believe Quick Curls work on all relaxer brands. Maybe someone can chime in.

Solitude

Nice results! So, are you bonelaxed, relaxed, or texlaxed?

Pretty color, too!

I know this question was for OP, but, yeah, using Phytorelaxer Index I pretty much gives texlaxed results if you follow the directions on the box.