August 22,23,24...What Are YOUR Weekend Hair Plans?

spacetygrss

Washed my hair.
Did a protein treatment with JOICO KPak.
Followed up with a DC with JOICO Moisture Recovery Balm.
Drying in twists.

I plan to bun-it-up this week.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Pre-poo: layering on Claudie's tea, vatika frosting, Hairveda red tea conditioner
Cleanse: CON Argan (I think)
DC: NG Mango & Coconut Water

Pinkicey

Pre poo: aloe Vera juice
Wash: earthly delights herbal shampoo
Oil rinse: Amla oil
Condition: Keracare humecto for 10 mins
Deep condition: kera minerals deep conditioner for 30 mins
Parted hair in 6 sections, applied it's a 10 leave in and DermOrganic 100% pure argan oil
Blow dried with paddle brush and Hot Tools Good Hair Sense Blow Dryer
moisturized with mix of herbal essence hello hydration, water, olive oil.
Hair is pulled back in braided bun.
First time using kera minerals and it made my hair really soft, but I think using a hard protein twice in 2 weeks gave me a little protein overload. My hair was really soft after using it but I had quite a bit of shedding. I think I will alternate using kera and ORS hair mayo once a month for protein.
First time using it's a 10 was fabulous for detangling with 2 squirts on each section.
First time using pure argan oil and it felt very moisturizing.
Hot Tools Blow Dryer is new. Dried hair VERY quickly, but didn't seem to be drying out the hair compared to the yellowbird I used about 8 months ago. I wish the cool mist would get a little more cool though. I think blow drying will be a part of my regimen again.

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Pre-Rx with Shea Terra's Mongongo & Banana Pre-Rx
Cowashed with SheScentIt's Avocado Conditioner
Lee Stafford
Steamed with Jasmine Bath & Beauty's Buttercreme Babbasu X-Treme DC'er
Applied Fermodyl 619 Leave-In
Dried under Dryer

blackeyes31626

cowash and finger detanggled w/ hello hydration
shampoo w/ diluted pantene curly bc there was build up on my scalp
conditioned using hh
moisturized with qb h&ohb and crn moisture milk

NaturallyATLPCH

Well, it doesn't look like my style will last for a week lol...so, I will...

Prepoo/Detangle-Some condish lying around here
Cowash-Giovanni Triple Treat Tea Tree
DC-Curl Junkie Curl Rehab
Leave In-Darcy's Leave In
Seal-APB Hair Cream
Style: Not sure yet, something twisted and protected. :yep:

Wash day remix. Instead I,

Prepooed/Detangled with Tangles and Beyond Deep Moisture condish
Cowashed with Giovanni TTTT Condish
DCed with Tangles and Beyond Condish
Leave In: Tangles and Beyond Condish
Sealed: Tangles and Beyond Butter
Flat Twisted Updue

mzpurp

Took my crochet braids out so my hair needs some TLC:

Prepoo under heatcap for 30 or more mins: coconut milk, peppermint, rosemary, & eucalyptus EOs, Aubrey's HSR, honey, Vatika coconut oil & EVOO

Wash scalp w/ whatever shampoo bar I have

Aphoghee 2 min Reconstructer

Cowash w/ GVP Humectress

DC w/ LACE Brahmi Root Hair Masque (first time trying it out!)

APB Honey Almond Leave-In or APB Pudding (Cranberry Peach Vanilla) and APB Greenpowerhouse oil (Key Lime) to seal (all new, can't wait to try!)

I may use my new APB Ayurvedic Pomade on my scalp...twist my hair, take down Monday morning!

I actually did everything I said I would! I am in love with my results from all of my new APB products! My hair came out so defined and my curls are popping today! I thinking about either retwisting tonight (with no product bc my hair is juicy enough) or either wrapping each twist section around some flexi rods? Hmmm... How do ya'll think it would come out? Too curly or should I just retwist?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Took my crochet braids out so my hair needs some TLC:

Prepoo under heatcap for 30 or more mins: coconut milk, peppermint, rosemary, & eucalyptus EOs, Aubrey's HSR, honey, Vatika coconut oil & EVOO

Wash scalp w/ whatever shampoo bar I have

Aphoghee 2 min Reconstructer

Cowash w/ GVP Humectress

DC w/ LACE Brahmi Root Hair Masque (first time trying it out!)

APB Honey Almond Leave-In or APB Pudding (Cranberry Peach Vanilla) and APB Greenpowerhouse oil (Key Lime) to seal (all new, can't wait to try!)

I may use my new APB Ayurvedic Pomade on my scalp...twist my hair, take down Monday morning!

mzpurp

Your thoughts on the LACE Brahmi?

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
Pre-Poo: APB Ayurvedic Oil with peppermint/rosemary/tea tree EOs on scalp; APB Not Easily Broken Herbal Conditioner & HV Vatika Frosting on ends overnight
Cleanse: Aquaphor Baby Shampoo
DC: LACE Naturals Brahmi Root Hair Masque with APB Ayurvedic Oil under steamer
Post-Wash: APB Loads of Coconut LI, SD WGBC, Jason Vitamin E Oil, CHI Keratin Silk Infusion

Ended up using SD WGBC post-wash instead of the KC Matani LI. I needed the softness after my DC experience.
My relaxed hair didn't like the LACE Naturals Brahmi Root Hair Masque at all :nono:

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
rileypak

Um...Say What Nah?:huh:

I have x3 jars of this.:perplexed

My relaxed hair wasn't having it with that masque. My ends weren't soft at all and they tangled fiercely with that DC. As soon as I started rinsing it out, I knew I was in for trouble. My new growth only felt meh to alright, no buttery softness though. I almost considered doing another DC after I rinsed that one out, that's how bad it was. The APB Loads of Coconut LI came in and saved the day and softened my hair back up though so I just let it ride.

I'm going to compare its ingredients to some of the other Ayurvedic based products I use to see what ingredient may not be agreeing. I'm also going to spot try it again (no more whole head) under the dryer or with a different oil to give it one more chance but that will be its last chance if the results come out the same.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
My relaxed hair wasn't having it with that masque. My ends weren't soft at all and they tangled fiercely with that DC. As soon as I started rinsing it out, I knew I was in for trouble. My new growth only felt meh to alright, no buttery softness though. I almost considered doing another DC after I rinsed that one out, that's how bad it was. The APB Loads of Coconut LI came in and saved the day and softened my hair back up though so I just let it ride.

I'm going to compare its ingredients to some of the other Ayurvedic based products I use to see what ingredient may not be agreeing. I'm also going to spot try it again (no more whole head) under the dryer or with a different oil to give it one more chance but that will be its last chance if the results come out the same.

rileypak

Hmp.:ohwell:

Interesting.:perplexed

I need to pull a Jar of this out (soon) and Steam with it and see how it does.:rolleyes:

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
rileypak

Hmp.:ohwell:

Interesting.:perplexed

I need to pull a Jar of this out (soon) and Steam with it and see how it does.:rolleyes:

IDareT'sHair I hope you have better luck than me.
The more I think about it, the more I'm deciding not to give it another chance right now. :nono: I'm too far in my transition to work with DCs that give me trouble. I'll try it again when I have little to no relaxed ends left.

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@rileypak

I was thinking about this.

I may swap the other x2 Jars with a Natural-Head. I know curlyhersheygirl and a few other folks like it.

I'll see what happens when I crack open this 1st Jar. :rolleyes:

For me, everything seems to work better with Steam.

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
@rileypak

I was thinking about this.

I may swap the other x2 Jars with a Natural-Head. I know curlyhersheygirl and a few other folks like it.

I'll see what happens when I crack open this 1st Jar. :rolleyes:

For me, everything seems to work better with Steam.

IDareT'sHair I say give it a try and see how it goes. It may be luscious for you and my relaxed ends were just being brats about it :lol:

For me, some of my DC stash is great with the steamer while some are meh but they become great under the dryer.

mzpurp

@mzpurp

Your thoughts on the LACE Brahmi?

IDareT'sHair

I liked it! At first my hair didn't feel that soft when I rinsed it out but I thought it was bc of the Aphoghee 2 Min Reconstructor. I ended up doing a lil oil rinse and when I rinsed all was fine. Hair was moisturized and soft. So idk just yet!! I'll have to try it again and I may use it with my steamer like you said.