August 1,2,3..What Are YOUR Weekend Hair Plans?

Ravenhairedbeauty

I understand :lachen: I'm 13 months post and I want to rerelax as well. I'm going to try natural before I do though so I can atleast say I tried :look:

Exactly. That's how I felt I've been natural before in the past but I wanted to give it one last shot lol. It seems like now that I'm older I have more shrinkage this time around and that, I can't deal with :(

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Deep conditioned on dry hair with Macadamia deep treatment masque overnight

Co-washed with Herbal Essence Color Me Happy conditioner. Left a tiny amount in

Applied oil mix & Giovanni Direct Leave in

Style: 2 Goddess braids leading into a twisted updo style

Will rock this until Wednesday when I can do a shampoo wash & flexi rod set.

PureSilver

Yeah I did just BC. I'm throwing in the towel I can't deal with the shrinkage and the twa I'm tired lol.

lisanaturally You could try doing weaves until your hair grows to a point where you feel comfortable to try many different styles. When i BC i had less than 2 inches of hair i wore small plaits and threw on a wig until i could do corn rows to sewin a weave. My hair grew rapidly and though i did not experiment when my hair grew out nicely by my own choice my hair thrived and it was the longest natural hair i've ever had; past APL.

I say give it a shot again before you texlax, you can do it. I know it seems easier to go back to the relaxer and maybe its best for your lifestyle so you can decide based on whats best for you.

Oh btw, i am now relaxed after 3.5 years natural i enjoyed my natural hair and glad i experience it while it was healthy and nice.

kupenda

Today:
-Spritz with Oyin Juices and Berries
-Moisturize with Kinky Curly Knot Today
-Heavy moisture with Oyin Whipped Pudding
-Big twists for a twistout with Qhemet Aethiopika butter, set hair on rods

SpicyPisces

3 Years Natural
Shampoo: Shea Moisture Moisture Retention Shampoo
DC: Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner mixed with Wonder 8 oil
Leave In: Cantu Moisturizing Curl Activator Cream
Sealed with: Coconut oil mixed with Wonder 8 oil

I braided my hair and will be wigging it today. Tomorrow if I have time, I may trim my ends.

Ann0804

Prepoo: coconut oil
Shampoo: shea moisture yb thickening
DC: Curl junkie curl rehab and argan oil
Leave in: Biotera ultra moisture

Ravenhairedbeauty

lisanaturally You could try doing weaves until your hair grows to a point where you feel comfortable to try many different styles. When i BC i had less than 2 inches of hair i wore small plaits and threw on a wig until i could do corn rows to sewin a weave. My hair grew rapidly and though i did not experiment when my hair grew out nicely by my own choice my hair thrived and it was the longest natural hair i've ever had; past APL.

I say give it a shot again before you texlax, you can do it. I know it seems easier to go back to the relaxer and maybe its best for your lifestyle so you can decide based on whats best for you.

Oh btw, i am now relaxed after 3.5 years natural i enjoyed my natural hair and glad i experience it while it was healthy and nice.

PureSilver thanks for the advice. I may consider getting braids but I'm not sure. I'll see what happens.

ronie

So the braider reschedule my appointment for tomorrow 1pm to get Havana twists. Here s what I actually did: Clarify: elucence moisture acidifying shampoo Protein treatment 1: curl junkie repair me Protein treatment 2: since the curl junkie left me with kinda soft hair I did a quick 5 minutes emergencee in the shower. Shampoo it out as per directions with elucence moisture benefits DC: SD RCA Leave in/ heat protectant layered in this order: aphogee curlific moisture leave in, redken all soft leave in, kenra blow dry spray Tension blow out Moisturize with MHC buttery soy. Hair is now in super soft chunky twists awaiting the install. Will use SD almond buttercream for the install if needed. P.S. This was the smoothest blow out i ve had. My hair was soft from roots to ends with lots of elasticity.

Got Havana twist done. It took her less than 4 hours. It is nothing professional, but she did a great job. She is this sweet girl I met at the mall register. She told me she does her own hair, so I asked her to do mines. She only asked for $60, but because she was attentive, and did everything I asked with no question I gave her $80. She cornrowed the nape across and the edges on each side since these are my fragile areas. She kept complimenting me on how soft and healthy my hair felt, so she must be familiar with health hair care. She was super super gentle, combed my hair from ends to roots before I even said anything.
Did I mention, she came to my house too. So here are the pics. I ve seen better, but my scalp feels as if I twisted my own hair and I have no headache. Also that fingercomber hair is super light.

image-1421336517.jpg

image-3813482391.jpg

ronie

ronie Very, Very Nice Ms. Ronie!:grin:

IDareT'sHair
Thanks love. I think so too. For 65$, she took the bus 1hr and 15mns to my house to do this. I completely forgive her canceling a few times. Poor thing works 2 jobs, and goes to school full time. I definitely will be Hiring her again. Now I need to keep this baby moisturized.

ronie

ronie How long do you plan to keep them in?

As closed to September 10th as possible. I want boody length weave for hubby's birthday at the end of September. I need 2 weeks to let my hair breathe and play in my stash a bit. The weaves I will only keep 2 weeks max, then I'm back to braids until next spring. Will do 6-8 weeks install with 2-4 weeks break in between.

assiyrabomb

Lately my crown area has been tangled and difficult to detangle on wash days. Not really sure why since my hair is soft up until I wash it and try to detangle. So I'm going to try the detangle routine that Naptural85 did. I will apply coconut oil and conditioner overnight tonight. Tomorrow I will then wash and DC my hair. Hopefully this works.

Platinum

I'm going to try to make a homemade scalp treatment and an Ayurvedic tea rinse. I'm trying to decide if I'm going to retwist my baby locs today (latching) or wait until Thursday.

naturalmanenyc

Prepoo: coconut oil and tea tree tingle conditioner for Havana twists takedown (left in overnight)
Cleanse: tea tree tingle shampoo
Deep Condition: Aubrey Organics GPB
Leave Ins: Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship (original formula)

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
I'm going to try to make a homemade scalp treatment and an Ayurvedic tea rinse. I'm trying to decide if I'm going to retwist my baby locs today (latching) or wait until Thursday.

Sounds yummy! What's your tea rinse recipe ?

Beamodel

Co cleansed - Hairveda Amla Cream Rinse
Treatment - Lee Stafford Growth Treatment
DC - NG Slippery Elm & Bask YAM
Leave in - HH PLBM, APB spray, APB pudding (birthday cake)
Seal - APB Ayurvedic Oil (birthday cake)

caliscurls

Took down my mini twists
Detangled with some MegaTek that was in the closet...couldn't use my beloved NG conditioners for this purpose
Washed with NG Lemon detox
Conditioned with NG herbal blends w/heat
Blowed dried with Crack Leave-in
Light flat iron with Chi Keratin Serum

....my hair was soft after the blow dry but I noticed it was poofier after the flat iron than when I use It's A 10...next time I flat iron I'll use both