ATTENTION: 3/4 wigs, wigs and fall wearers!

Gemini350z

Question, I am stretching my relaxer, trying to go as long as I can. I have decided to use falls as a way for me to stretch with low manipulation.

But how do you keep the human hair falls and wigs looking good? I have a curly one that I love but it get so tangled and matted. It only looks good when its damp or wet. What products if any do you use on them?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

Iluvsmuhgrass

I use IC Fantasia wig shampoo and DeMert wig conditioning spray in a blue can. They keep my wigs looking newer longer. :yep:

mscocoface

I agree a wig conditioner and shampoo is a must.

Also be sure to place your wigs somewhere at night where they are not rubbing up against something. Get one of those cheap wig heads or turn your wig inside out at night.

Wash it regularly. If you put a conditioner on your wig that has a sheen to it that means some type of oil. You want be sure you wig can be worn as long as possible.

Another trick I do when I wear falls is to get two of the same one. Mine are usually no more than 20 to 25 a piece so I buy two of them. One for more of every day use and the other for maybe church or special outings, different occasions.

It is worth the cost. 40-50 dollars is way less than going to a stylist now days and they will last for months depending on how you care for htem.

glamazon386

I only buy synthetic for that very reason. Also, they're more cost effective.

ETA: There's a mousse you can get called Wet N Wavy mousse that will make the curls bounce back. But you can't comb it. Just put it on the hair and then kind of scrunch.

Last edited:

hothair

Question, I am stretching my relaxer, trying to go as long as I can. I have decided to use falls as a way for me to stretch with low manipulation.

But how do you keep the human hair falls and wigs looking good? I have a curly one that I love but it get so tangled and matted. It only looks good when its damp or wet. What products if any do you use on them?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

I rocked a corkscrew fall for over 2 months and enjoyed it, yes it tangles, I used wide plastic brush to detangle, washed (by diluting shampoo and squeezing down the length NO RUBBING) then used Lustrasilk shea butter cholesterol on it rinse out again no rubbing just hold under the tap or shower, while wet I put a small amount of Fantasia IC gel and serum rubbed on my palms and rubbed along the length then hang to dry.

I was in a hot country so I did the co-washing (with lustrasilk) and gelling and serum every other day, but in the UK it doesn't need it that frequently, you also don't have to detangle with a brush frequently if you keep washing and go-ing maybe once a week if that but if it starts looking funky wet thoroughly and put the gel and serum and its just like new.. HTH :)

Gemini350z

Thanks for the advice, I think I will look into getting a synthetic one this time around. I just threw out the human hair one, my SO was about to disown me.