Asking for hair advice and never follows it

dreysonsmommy2011

So... I was at home with my sister the other day just chillin. I was telling her that my hair was almost as long as hers(shoulder length) and she gave me this goofy look and said,"No it's not!" Now my sister hair is shoulder length and dry as hell:eek: She is constantly asking me for hair advice,but only follows it for maybe two weeks then it's back to curling her hair everyday and wearing down. I just want to take my scissors and cut those see through ends off! I am following the hide your hair until christmas challenge so she hasn't seen my hair. I just think that it is funny that my hair is catching up to hers and her hair is staying at the same length:lol: Does anyone have a person asking for hair advice and never follows it, but thinks that your hair will never catch up to their unhealthy hair.

sassyhair

Yup my friend had to chop her hair off because of damage and it is very short now. She is always asking my how can she grow her hair, but follows it with how long will it take. Which I dont think matters if you havent even started trying to fix your hair. She is a black weave glue user and I told her about her edges but she dont wanna hear. Her weaves be off the hook but her hair aint doin no better. I told her to get on the site which she teases me about all the time callin it hair 911. I gave up on tryin to help ppl, my mom is the same way, I even give her the products but she is stuck in her wayz.

Nicole-27

I have a friend and we're always talking hair, vits, magic potions, weaves, etc and when I finally joined LHCF I told her about it and she laughed at the idea of a forum just about hair. Her comment was "oh please Nikki that's a waist of time." Well yesterday I emailed her some pics of my recent vacation and she was on my phone asking me "what are you doing to your hair", how is it getting thicker", "what are u doing to make it grow so well" ... you know the line of questions. Straight interogation style :lol: I didn't even bother to mention LHCF again! I pray for the NON-BELIEVERS :)

And the funniest thing is I can't quite get a regime down but the basics I've learned has improved my hair dramatically. Oh well ... keep growin ladies!

gymfreak336

I have a friend who is just like this too. She is mixed and have a head full of beautiful 3c curls but her texture is very coarse. I try to tell her that she needs to deep condition her hair with something stronger than her beloved herbal essence normal hair rinse. On top of that she uses a big marcel oven and iron to straighten her hair ever 2 days or so. I just shake my head everytime I see her do that. No heat protectant, daily moisturizer, nothing and she wonders why her hair isn't as long as it used to be. Her mother on the other had has beautiful natural honey blond hair that she can almost sit on and I always remember seeing her with conditioner sitting in her hair when ever I would spend the night in high school. The only thing I can do now is grow mine, relaxed and all down to the floor to show her the light.

blueabyss333

gymfreak336 said:
I have a friend who is just like this too. She is mixed and have a head full of beautiful 3c curls but her texture is very coarse. I try to tell her that she needs to deep condition her hair with something stronger than her beloved herbal essence normal hair rinse. On top of that she uses a big marcel oven and iron to straighten her hair ever 2 days or so. I just shake my head everytime I see her do that. No heat protectant, daily moisturizer, nothing and she wonders why her hair isn't as long as it used to be. Her mother on the other had has beautiful natural honey blond hair that she can almost sit on and I always remember seeing her with conditioner sitting in her hair when ever I would spend the night in high school. The only thing I can do now is grow mine, relaxed and all down to the floor to show her the light.[/quote]

:lol: I don't know why that made me laugh, but GROW on girl.

sareca

Me and a girlfriend of mine started our hair journey together. We decided early on to either texturize or go natural. She picked natural, I picked texturized. Well for months and months she was serious. We tried whatever I read and consulted each other weekly to fix whatever wasn't working.

My hair was showing some improvement, but she had a head full of beautiful, strong, natural hair quickly. Well she decided to let another friend of hers relax it bone-straight. No not bone-straight, it was heavily overprocessed. She didn't even tell me. When I saw her again, I was like :huh:. She said, "But it's still strong." :nono: It looked like it was going to fall off her head any second. Anyway, a few weeks later it was BADLY broken off. It was umpteen different lengths and the ends had those tell-tell little white dots. So, now she's call me asking how to fix it. I gave her Robin's website. :ohwell:

gymfreak336

blueabyss333 said:
gymfreak336 said:
I have a friend who is just like this too. She is mixed and have a head full of beautiful 3c curls but her texture is very coarse. I try to tell her that she needs to deep condition her hair with something stronger than her beloved herbal essence normal hair rinse. On top of that she uses a big marcel oven and iron to straighten her hair ever 2 days or so. I just shake my head everytime I see her do that. No heat protectant, daily moisturizer, nothing and she wonders why her hair isn't as long as it used to be. Her mother on the other had has beautiful natural honey blond hair that she can almost sit on and I always remember seeing her with conditioner sitting in her hair when ever I would spend the night in high school. The only thing I can do now is grow mine, relaxed and all down to the floor to show her the light.[/quote]

:lol: I don't know why that made me laugh, but GROW on girl.

Girl I am trying. I really am going to kick it into high gear for the remainer of the year and keep it going through the next year.

*ElleB

This drives me nuts!
I think this is only because people want the quick fix and don't want to invest the time it takes to grow their hair....All I can do is point you in the right direction. You can take it or leave it...Don't be mad when my hair is Swingin' and you still tryna figure out urs :lol: