Are You Using More Product Now As A Natural?

Curlykale

I use a looot of conditioner and oil now.
But it is less expensive than when I was texturized: no relaxer, no haircuts, no color rinses (my hair was dull and thin and it became reddish), products don't stop working anymore, I don't need to buy new stuff all the time, no heat appliances.

I needed to experiment with many products and techniques when I went natural but it was an investment because I can now live with very few, cheap things/ingredients/self made things and my hair grows.

ProductJunkie

I use a ton more product now! I also think its due to taking better care of my hair and using things more often. But I have learned to dilute consist because I could spread it easy on relaxed hair and it's not so easy on my curls and kinks. If I dilute I can get more product out of a small amount and spread a lot easier!

ms-gg

Aka frostoppa
Nope, I use waaaay less. I used more products when I was relaxed because I was trying to mask the feel of my damaged hair.

SmilingElephant

Yes and that's why its hard for me to order the all natural lines because I feel like I don't get enough product for what I pay.

Sent from my ADR6300 using ADR6300

This is how i feel...even though i do use mostly natural lines....but i feel like if i'm gonna pay $12 for a leave-in....i should get MORE than 8 oz.:ohwell:....for the most part i just use my cheapie co-wash conditioner as a leave-in...im still in my experimental phase....but i find myself getting away from ordering products online from natural lines bc of the price + the shipping:nono:....so i just buy what i can on the ground...like Shea Moisture and i recently bought KCCC (the 8 oz one) and the KCNT from Target...and it wasn't too bad for me to buy it bc i didnt have to pay shipping on top of it....but when i'm not trying to splurge i just buy things that are mostly CG friendly even if they aren't "natural"....bc they are cheaper.

I do use lots of conditioner....but i always have. It takes like 2-3 dollops to cleans my scalp bc my hair is even thicker than it was when i was relaxed :yep:.....i get all my conditioners in the "family size".:grin:...im figuring out now i need to find conditioners that come in liters and gallon sizes!:lol:

Cendra

I use more shampoo now: one for my dry scalp only and the other (organic) for my hair whereas before I used to use one for everything. That was before knowing about washing in sections.

I also use more emolient and "stuff" like honey, essential oils, etc., within the emolient whereas before I just used one alcohol/paraben based moisturizer.

Now I use distilled water as a daily moisturizer....of course, as a former relaxed head there was no water for me.

southerncitygirl

i use 2-3 bottles of conditioner for every one bottle of shampoo my leave-in/detangler and gel last a few months even though i can be heavy handed.

keepithealthy

I use more of everything. That's because I didn't really wash my hair that frequently when I was relaxed and barely ever conditioned. Two bottles of shampoo can last me a year but I kill conditioner....