Less is more????

Iluvsmuhgrass

I posted about buying a maxiglide MP and loving it and the products that came with it. :grin:

I had a hair epiphany. I use way too much product for my shoulder length hair. I'm heavy handed and although I don't mean to, I tend to fall into the mindset that the more the better. :ohwell:

I used a quarter sized dollop of shampoo, a palm full of conditioner (combed through with my detangling comb) and used a small bit of styling product. My hair had SWANG! I'm getting to understand that heavy products (and/or heavy application of lighter products) is too much for my hair. I don't need to use so much.

Has anyone else experienced this? How did you cut back? Is it possible I just used the wrong things, too much of the wrong things, or too much of the right things?

Yes. I noticed this aswell. I have been rollersetting then air drying my hair for the past 7 months. After washing i towel dried then i put the ors carrot oil on then olive oil to seal. Then i would go ahead and roller set. The last time i roller set about 3 weeks ago, my carrot oil was really low. So after washing and conditioning i just sprayed in aussie leave in conditioner the hair insurance one. And when i air dryed and removed my hair was so light and bouncy, it was the best rollerset i'd ever had.

Yes, less is more but its just so hard to control the amount - especially when you're a pj and have all those products hanging around.

Don't forget too that shoulder-length hair is not very old, i.e. less "worn" and dry than longer hair, so as a general rule should be fairly healthy. That also means that hair doesn't need as much moisturizer and protein.

I'm still trying to grasp this concept. I'm also VERY heavy handed with my products. Hopefully I'll get the concept soon....

Since I have fine hair I notice that my hair can not handle a lot of heavy products. I have to use o little bit or my hair will feel heavy.

Since I have fine hair I notice that my hair can not handle a lot of heavy products. I have to use o little bit or my hair will feel heavy.

The same is true of my hair. I realized that I was using too much product when I saw how little product Macherieamour uses on her hair.

I almost stopped using Cantu Shea Butter because I thought it was making my hair hard, but it was how I was applying it. Now I put on about a 1/5 of what I usually use and my hair loves it. I was SOOO off.

Back