Are color rinses damaging?

Happy2BNappy

I want to put a black rinse in my hair, but I am scared of getting breakage. Has anyone ever experienced breakage from a rinse, or do you think they are pretty safe?

I think if you use a vegetable based color with no peroxide or ammonia you'll be fine. It's what I use to cover my grays.

A

just try to stay clear of anything with peroxide and ammonia. I tend to break a lot but I usually use Beautiful Collection rinses with no adverse reactions

candita said:
just try to stay clear of anything with peroxide and ammonia. I tend to break a lot but I usually use Beautiful Collection rinses with no adverse reactions

I agree beautiful collection contains jojoba oil and vitamin e in them.Jazzing is also a good way to go.

I had a very unfortunate highlighting incident last week where my streaks came out bright orange.. :eek: :eek: :eek: ...to say the least!

I used beautiful collection golden brown,it made my hair shiny but the color didnt darken the way i wanted it.So the same day i used another rinse...jazzing in coffee brown by clairol.I left it in for 4 hours.It did the job and darkened my horrid streaks to a decent color.

My hair had no damage at all.It looks healthy and shiny. :D

I plan to put another rinse in it next week.This time i'm going to leave it in for 12 hours b4 i rinse.According to my hairdresser cousin the rinse is 100% damage free and the longer you leave it in the longer it will last. You can use it as much as you wish it just coats the hair,which mean it doesnt penetrate or damage the cuticle.

i hope this helps you.

I was just getting ready to submit a question asking what are the benefits of getting a rinse, so I'll bump this one.

Besides, shine what are the benefits of rinses?

I just did one this past weekend, and was wondering the same thing. for me, I just wanted more uniform color. I had some brownish highlights that I got when I was in Jamaica earlier this year. It was really starting to annoy me. Other than that i am not sure what the benefits are. My hair looks goods, though. :)

I used L'Oreal ColorSpa Moisture Actif Hair Color. It will last 28 washes the box says.

I used the Loreal

I use jet black rinse ... and it don't cause breakage but be sure to deep condition afterwards

I have had breakage caused by Jazzing rinse in blue black. I literally clogged my tub drain. I think that jazzing is poorly made product.

I have since used other color gloss products with no problem. Adore and Clairol radiance is what I use now.

karezone said:
I have had breakage caused by Jazzing rinse in blue black. I literally clogged my tub drain. I think that jazzing is poorly made product.

I have since used other color gloss products with no problem. Adore and Clairol radiance is what I use now.

Yeah I heard about Jazzing and I am staying away from it. Sorry you had that problem. Also I heard good things about Clairol.... :)

cosigning with justice wifey, what are the benefits of getting a rinse?

Justicewifey said:
I was just getting ready to submit a question asking what are the benefits of getting a rinse, so I'll bump this one.

Justicewifey said:

Rinses make my fine hair much fuller looking. Also, it helps to deepen my hair color. I love colourshines--gives me lots of shine and body.

I just bought a bottle of Adore...in dark brown. I bought it because I want to cover gray and I want a richer tone to my color, I think my natural color is a bit dull.

SandySea said:
Rinses make my fine hair much fuller looking. Also, it helps to deepen my hair color. I love colourshines--gives me lots of shine and body.

Guuurrrrrll!!!!!!! I was hoping you would say that! Thanks SandySea ;)

angellazette said:
I just bought a bottle of Adore...in dark brown. I bought it because I want to cover gray and I want a richer tone to my color, I think my natural color is a bit dull.

You and me have the same intentions. It's official, I'll get that done next week when I go for my blow-out!

Back