Are cholesterol and Lamaur's Bone Marrow bad for my health/hair?

carameldiva

I was on another board and a young, white lady was having an issue with her hair and asked for protein treatment reccommendation. I told her that i deep condition with cholesterol but for protein i use Lamaur's Bone Marrow. (OT- i just bought a new product- Jherri Redding Professional 100% Natural Protein Conditioner) So anywho, this other young white woman says that the people at sally's will reccommend anything and that cholesterol and bone marrow are full of carcinogens and wax and are not good for your hair or your health. She says that you get what you pay for and if you buy cheap-you get cheap and that i will pay for it in the end- i tried to remind her that i am black with extremely curly/tightly coiled hair so what works for me may not work for everyone. However if she has curly hair- it may work for her. What do you guys think?

secretdiamond

YES!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! I tried cholesterol again today after many years and my hair is ruined!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

gn1g

I did a bone marrow treatment two days ago and my ends look worst than ever!

I ran out of the Jherri Redding Professional 100% Natural Protein Conditioner and I can't find it anymore but I loved it. It stopped breakage and some shedding very well FOR ME.

hubutterfly

Carameldiva,

Where did you get the Jherri Redding Professional 100% Natural Protein Conditioner? A friend on mine raves about it she mixes it with her nexxus emergencee but I can't seen to find it anywhere.

carameldiva

the bone marrow and cholesterol work great on my hair texture. I found out just now that the girl that was saying that these things were bad for me is Dominicana and not white- so now she is trying to sell me on the Salerm 21. Anywho i got the Jherri Redding Professional 100% Natural Protein Conditioner at Sally's- it is regularly $8.49 but with your sally's card it is $6.39. Has anyone natural tried the aphoghee and if so did it work well for them and what are their hair types.