Product Review - BONE MARROW by Lamaur?

Dymondz7

Has anyone tried this??? I just purchased Bone Marrow Deep Penetrating Treatment by Lamaur. I picked up at my local Sally's. It will be a while before I can try it, as I've decided to space out my shampoos.

Any reviews out there?

Instructions for damage hair says to cover with plastic cap and leave on hair for 10-20 minutes. Here are the ingredients:

Water (Aqua), Quarternium 18, Hydrolyxed Collagen, Glyceryl Sterate, PEG-100 Steate, cetyl alcohol, lecithin, isopropyl alcohol, cocamidopropyl, betaine, panthenol, dried beef stock, sorbic acid, imidazolidinyl, urea, triclosan, fragrance (parfum)

mrslee

Love yourself first!
Dymondz7 said:
Has anyone tried this??? I just purchased Bone Marrow Deep Penetrating Treatment by Lamaur. I picked up at my local Sally's. It will be a while before I can try it, as I've decided to space out my shampoos.

Any reviews out there?

Instructions for damage hair says to cover with plastic cap and leave on hair for 10-20 minutes. Here are the ingredients:

Water (Aqua), Quarternium 18, Hydrolyxed Collagen, Glyceryl Sterate, PEG-100 Steate, cetyl alcohol, lecithin, isopropyl alcohol, cocamidopropyl, betaine, panthenol, dried beef stock, sorbic acid, imidazolidinyl, urea, triclosan, fragrance (parfum)

I used it once and I really couldnt tell the difference. I think I recall my hair being more tangly. I wasnt really impressed to try it again. Good Luck.

webby

Think Slim
I used to SWEAR by Bone Marrow. I had great results, but recently stopped using it. The reason why, is because I didn't realize that it's a protein conditioner and I used Keraphix and Emergencee to control shedding.

Because the Nexxus products were giving the results I needed, I had to eliminate Bone Marrow from my list.

While I had great results with Bone Marrow, I must be honest and mention that there were several members, whom I trust and respect, all say that their hair was left tangled; I didn't have this problem...just thought that to be unbiased.

Dymondz7

Thanks for the feedback, I'll give it a shot and report back. Good thing about buying from Sally's is the option to return. Look for my update after I try it out!

Lindy

I have it, and it's in my rotation of creamy protein conditioners. :) I don't use it that often, and to be honest, I'm only using it because well, I bought it, and I want to use it up!! :look: I don't think I would repurchase it...mainly because the Isopropyl Alcohol scares me...:ohwell:

It's okay... just don't expect to get much slip from it... I definitely ALWAYS follow it with a moisturizing conditioner. :)

Bunny77

I have this and was planning to use it this weekend.

Among the heavy protein conditioners, I like Mermade and Ion the best. They are protein-based, but don't make my hair so super tangly. We'll see what this Bone Marrow stuff does!!!

KinksnCurlz

I used it... HATED IT! :down: :down: :down: :censored:
That was thee WORST treatment i ever used on my hair. It made my hair feel like straw... i actually heard each strand cry out everytime I tried to comb it. My hair was hard and nasty. I had to give that crap away!!!

Allandra

CaramelHonee said:
I used it... HATED IT! :down: :down: :down: :censored:
That was thee WORST treatment i ever used on my hair. It made my hair feel like straw... i actually heard each strand cry out everytime I tried to comb it. My hair was hard and nasty. I had to give that crap away!!!
My hair didn't like it either. The only thing it did was make my hair feel yucky.

Tru_Mind

I used to use it years ago, and I didn't like it too much. I love the shampoo though it was the best! Why did they have to discontinue it? Stupid people!!!!

Tracy

I also used to swear by Bone Marrow. I liked it a lot and though I agree that it leaves the hair quite tangled, for the purposes it is meant that is precisely what it's supposed to do.

It's a very potent protein conditioner and is designed to harden the hair strands and strengthen the hair - NOT leave it soft. :)

If you follow it with your very best detangling conditioner, I think you'll notice the longer term benefits very quickly, and will be abel to use it without incident.

RabiaElaine

I used this for the first time last night, I left it in my hair while I showered, then rinsed out (my hair felt super strong and smooth after rinsing it out) and put a bunch of Humecto and Suave cocunut conditioner in my hair, I left that on while I shaved. My hair came out feeling great!! I then added Rusk Smoother and NTM leave in. My hair didn't get tangly at all and I airdryed using the scarf method. I think I will begin to use this regularly. I lost very little hair during the washing/air drying process, I believe due to the Bone Marrow and my bone comb.

I think I only need to leave it on for a short amount of time without heat just using the steam of the shower covered with a plastic cap. This worked for me last night. I will try it again next week.

yo523jo68

This is really good stuff! Ladies just like with any other protein conditioner you must follow up with a conditioner that will moisturize your hair. This is one of my staples and my hair is stronger because of it! I can really tell the difference!

BklynHeart

This is one of my staple products. I've never had any problems with it. I usually use it the first 1-5 weeks of my perm.

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
I used this for the first time last night. I flat ironed my hair this past friday and just wanted to do a good protein treatment. I used it with heat for 15 min then slapped some Queen Helene's cholesterol w/ginseng on top and left them on for about 1 1/2 hours. My hair was not as soft but definitely stronger. I didn't loose nearly as much hair as I usally do after washing. The smell was the only downside....it smells awful. But it doesn't linger thank goodness. I will definitely use this again.

angellazette

I was going to pick this up the other day when I went to Sally's and the girl at the register said the Ion Effective Care Treatment was much better so I picked that one up instead. :grin: I do like it though!

antolin1

Really? Darn! I ordered 10 pakets online as the Sally's here didn't have any . . . I need to try the Ion packets-let me know your results when you use the ISO. I also got the Mermade treatment and I wanted to try the Bonat spray Luster treatment but my Sally's didn't have it and no one online carries it either. . . Anyone tried it? I hear it smells great!

Uh-oh, all the info here abt Lamaurs tanggling the hair is scarry since my hair is so tangled even with the best oils/treatments!

Thanks for all the info and I will let everyone know how it works for me when I try it!

Champagne_Wishes

A broke graduate
antolin1 said:
Really? Darn! I ordered 10 pakets online as the Sally's here didn't have any . . . I need to try the Ion packets-let me know your results when you use the ISO. I also got the Mermade treatment and I wanted to try the Bonat spray Luster treatment but my Sally's didn't have it and no one online carries it either. . . Anyone tried it? I hear it smells great!

Uh-oh, all the info here abt Lamaurs tanggling the hair is scarry since my hair is so tangled even with the best oils/treatments!

Thanks for all the info and I will let everyone know how it works for me when I try it!

In response to the Mermade treatment, IMO it is an okay conditioner but the reason why I haven't been using it as of the late is because the scent is overpowering. It is not a bad smell per se, but it has a strong soapy smell that gives me a headache.

Brownie518

I love this treatment. I love deep conditioning, before and after shampoo, with this. My hair always feels stronger after using it. I use it at least once a month. Check out MissMadaam, she loves it too.:grin: