Quick questions about twists on natural hair.

Harina

In order to maximize the length of twists on my natural 4a/4b hair, does it matter if it's done on wet or dry hair? Also as far as what to twist the hair with, If I deep condition with something before twisting (such as aussie moist), should I put a leave in then gel (clear ecostyler) or can I put the gel on directly after I rinse the dc out, that is if I'm twisting on wet hair?

MsLizziA

It matters. Wet hair shrinks way more than dry hair whether you are twisting or not. If you twist on dry hair, your hair will have more length

Harina

It matters. Wet hair shrinks way more than dry hair whether you are twisting or not. If you twist on dry hair, your hair will have more length

Thank you. Do you think it is okay to blow dry the hair before to get maximum length.

Miss AJ

Most salons blowdry before twisting. I never have but that's because i'm lazy and already dread my normal twisting routine lol.

Whimsy

For hair health sake I'd suggest not blowdrying.

After washing, moisturize your hair and braid it in 5 braids or so. let it airdry and then twist up. You'll have length and won't be submitting your hair to any heat :)

Good luck!!

Miss AJ

Depending on your current amount of heat usage and how often you plan to blowdry before twisting, you shouldn't cause too much heat damage. Your hair's current health combined with blowdrying technique and heat protectant should be your deciding factor. All things can be done in moderation.