APL/BSL 2014 Challenge

Kentmane

Had to trim my hair drastically. My ends were horrendous and it seems I will be need another trim.

I had been doing back to back weaves and not strengthening my hair, so it was long but thin. But I have now started some good hair practices (my stylist thinks I should go back into weaves!!!! I said no...:nono:.) so I will nurse it back to health.

Hope to be at APL by August....

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Im headed to the gym. Im doing a full head baggy while I workout and sit in the sauna. I sprayed my hair with Aphogee green tea and aloe vera juice. Then I sealed with evoo

Edited for typos :lol:

Last edited:

faithVA

Im headed to the gyn. Im doing a full head baggy while I workout and sit in the sauna. I sprayed my hair with Aphogee green tea and aloe vera juice. Then I sealed with evoo

I was like why is she telling us she is baggying at the gyn? :lol: But after I read it, I was like oh, ok. She meant gym.

Lilmama1011

Im headed to the gyn. Im doing a full head baggy while I workout and sit in the sauna. I sprayed my hair with Aphogee green tea and aloe vera juice. Then I sealed with evoo

I have a sauna as well but I'm embedded to go in there with a plastic back and I don't wear hats or have one

mshoneyfly

Bought a few new products this weekend I got the Oyin Hemp Honey conditioner and the Hair Dew. Haven't used them yet but since they're on store shelves now, I decided to see what all the hype is about. I got the Aphogee Curlific LI spray and texture treatment (its like a DC). I really like the LI. I used it after t-shirt drying last night and the moisture was great. I didnt seal bc I wanna see how it works alone. It sprays out sorta like a serum. I will update when I take off my wig tonight.

ETA: I shoulda used at least a sealant last night and I think this LI would be nice. My hair is still soft but the moisture is trying to seep away. I will scalp massage with JBCO and vatika oil tonight though.

I LOVE this HHJ!!

Last edited:

BlaqKitty

I've got an aphogee treatment scheduled soon! :D Also, my colored portion of my hair is doing just fine and I'm loving the teal, but I miss my all black hair. Ohh, whishy washy me!!! :( I'm glad I didn't do the whole thing though lol.

Also, still rocking my mini twists and letting them down only when I have somewhere important to go.

veesweets

I've been having thoughts about doing a two step indigo so I can get black hair. I gotta figure out if black hair suits me first though, I dont wanna look crazy :lol:

I did a komaza treatment saturday mixed with some curl junkie repair me. Somehow I forgot after I rinsed out the moisture DC and added some aphogee green tea so my hair is a little dry, but I've only noticed 2-3 broken hairs since then so for now its okay. Will DC again tomorrow.

pearlific1

I've got an aphogee treatment scheduled soon! :D Also, my colored portion of my hair is doing just fine and I'm loving the teal, but I miss my all black hair. Ohh, whishy washy me!!! :( I'm glad I didn't do the whole thing though lol. Also, still rocking my mini twists and letting them down only when I have somewhere important to go.

BlaqKitty Teal?! Did I miss the pics? That sounds beautiful :yep:

BlaqKitty

BlaqKitty Teal?! Did I miss the pics? That sounds beautiful :yep:

mshoneyfly

Doing an O/N dc with Giovanni SAS deeper moisture mixed with some AOHSR and a little Eden bodyworks jojoba monoi conditioner to deal with this underprocessed, tangled mess. It smoothed my roots out upon contact with the dc. Hopefully, the shed hairs will just rinse down the drain when I rinse.

IDK if I should do a corrective or just keep wearing wigs. Im tempted to cut off my bone straight ends and end the transition to texturized hair its been exactly a year sometime this month. This month also marks my HHJ anniversary :D

I LOVE this HHJ!!

LexiDior

Just flat ironed my hair, it was floored!!! Such a big change from last year this time. Pics are from 5/19/13 and 5/2/14.

Attachments

• 5.19.13.jpg
    5.19.13.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 79
  • 5.2.14.JPG
    5.2.14.JPG
    253.8 KB · Views: 70

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I just steamed my hair with aloe juice, hello hydration and olive oil. My hair and scalp feel great. Before the steam treatment my ends were drier than normal

gvin89

I've had my hair blown out and trimmed. Back to APL, but I'm good with it because pregnancy and laziness did a number on me. Tonight I will ATTEMPT a bantu knot out...fingers crossed. I really want to try some different things...2 stands are easy and convenient but getting boring.

BlaqKitty

I planned to do a protein treatment today and touch up my teal - no bleaching just the color. But I fell asleep! :<

gvin89

Uhmmmmm.....bantu knot out didn't turn out too well. My ends are still straight. I think the fresh blunt trim worked against me. Although the blow out is a week old, my hair was still too straight...it was initially curled with a flat iron. I will try again on stretched hair.

Any tips for those that wear this style? Do you use gel to set it?

OAN: I big chopped 3 years ago today! Best decision ever!

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
I never really joined this challenge, but this is where I am. I'm kind of a slow grower, but I'm preggo this year, so I hope to make it to APL by the end of the year. This'll be my 2nd time to APL after a major setback with hard water.

I don't know why the pic is coming out sideways, but you can still see where I am.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    515.7 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
I don't know why I can only upload one pic per post, but here is a straightened piece with my arms down. I roller set and never straighten my hair, so it's always kinds curly.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    325.7 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I never really joined this challenge, but this is where I am. I'm kind of a slow grower, but I'm preggo this year, so I hope to make it to APL by the end of the year. This'll be my 2nd time to APL after a major setback with hard water.

I don't know why the pic is coming out sideways, but you can still see where I am.

Omgosh congrats on baby! And your hair is gorgeous!!!

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Uhmmmmm.....bantu knot out didn't turn out too well. My ends are still straight. I think the fresh blunt trim worked against me. Although the blow out is a week old, my hair was still too straight...it was initially curled with a flat iron. I will try again on stretched hair.

Any tips for those that wear this style? Do you use gel to set it?

OAN: I big chopped 3 years ago today! Best decision ever!

Congrats on your hairversary

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Yeah see next post...doesn't let me edit my pic.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140504_201650.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140504_201650.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I went ahead and did a quick LC since I'm still applying my NJoy oil and inverting every month.
First pic taken 9/9/2012
2nd pic- 11/12/2013
3rd pic- 12/21/2013
4th pic- 1/1/2014
5th pic- 3/31/2014
6th pic 5/4/2014

ForumRunner_20140504_204422.jpg