APL 2012 Challenge

NikkiQ

Starting to get random loose hairs sticking out of my Celies. I guess the cowashing is helping them wiggle free. Just hold on for 3 more days Celies and then I'll set you free! For a little while at least :look:

SavannahNatural

Your hair looks a lot like mine when flat ironed, shape, length and all!

Do you have a fotki or album with pics of your curls? I'm curious if our hair is similar there as well.

NaturalfienD

I have been slipping on my nightly routine of using HTGE (my version) oil on my scalp for growth. I have also been slipping on my daily vitamin intake ... I need to get some ackrite! :nono: Pray for me y'all ...

Poutchi

I have been seriously lazy about my hair... haven't touched it for about 3 weeks...yeah ...3 whole weeks... oh well, this week end will have to do some serious braid steaming

Kerryann

i received my hairfinity 6 months supply today so its on
hairfinity and nioxin for the next 6 months better be glory if i make apl by June i will head into the bsl challenge

Meemee6223

I know I've been MIA for a while but I've been wondering if I should post my progress since I'm transitioning and plan to cut off my relaxed ends at some point.

So I did my very first twist out a couple days ago and I really like it! DH found a bss that specializes in natural products and is black owned! The women there were SOOO nice! She asked me (over the phone) what my hair type was, how I style my hair and several other questions and recommended two products, uncle funky's daughter extra butter brilliant shine creme and shea moisture deep treatment masque. Regardless of whether these products work or not I'm happy to finally have a black owned bss to go to AND they sell natural products! Yay!

NikkiQ

^^^That's great Meemee6223! Glad you found a great shop like that. And for the ladies to take their time to recommend products goes without saying. That rarely happens unless you have to BEG someone for advice...

As far as the updates, feel free to update us on whatever you like. We love hearing about everyone's journeys. Whether you find new hair goodies or discover that you look a hot mess with a certain style. We take the good, the bad and the ugly around here :lol:

sajjy

just put my hair in all natural box braids. I'm planning on keep them in until april or may as long is I can stand. no longer then 4 months though i don't want matted dreads. lol ! i'll post pictures tomorrow :D

kupenda

Mannnn...y'all got me craving some yarn twists! But I promised myself one more week of straight hair at least. For the ladies with any form of extension hair, what do you do before you install? I mean do you shampoo and DC? Light protein? Heavy moisture? I'll be taking notes! Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

mami2010

Just shampoo, condition then roller set. Anybody roller set twice a week? I wanted to start roller setting twice a week. Would this be too much manipulation?

pookaloo83

kupenda said:
Mannnn...y'all got me craving some yarn twists! But I promised myself one more week of straight hair at least. For the ladies with any form of extension hair, what do you do before you install? I mean do you shampoo and DC? Light protein? Heavy moisture? I'll be taking notes! Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

My hair was in twists for about 4 days before I put my yarn braids in. I just took the down the twists and moisturizerd. I'm gonna learn how to do the yarn twists next.

pookaloo83

sajjy said:
just put my hair in all natural box braids. I'm planning on keep them in until april or may as long is I can stand. no longer then 4 months though i don't want matted dreads. lol ! i'll post pictures tomorrow :D

Damn that's a long time! And here I am tombout I'm gonna keep these braids in till the end of February lol.

livinthevida

Just shampoo, condition then roller set. Anybody roller set twice a week? I wanted to start roller setting twice a week. Would this be too much manipulation?
mami2010 I roller set my hair weekday evenings after letting it air dry (my hair dries within a few hours) this is enough time for me to take my rollers out and twist my hair up, to the side, or back, for bed. I like to workout at least 5 days a week, do a cool rinse, air and set rollers. Since I started using the Coconut Oil my hair is softer and easy to set without brushing or combing everyday. I like to think this is very low manipulation as it allows my hair to air dry and set on natural curls.

I also posted my regimen here with all sorts of info just the other day! Easy and quick to do any day!

smwrigh3

update: I am no longer in this challenge I am in the BSL 2012 challenge.... These pictures were taken on 1/22/12 and the blue tape measure represents APL. :yep:

Good luck ladies you can do it!!!!!!:grin::grin::grin::grin:

GIJane

update: I am no longer in this challenge I am in the BSL 2012 challenge.... These pictures were taken on 1/22/12 and the blue tape measure represents APL. :yep:

Congratulations smwrigh3. Before you leave us. Can you please share your regimen. If you use growth aid, what kind? Any type of advice?

BlkOnyx488

Way to grow!!! can you re post your beginning picture so that we can see how fast you got passed APL thanks!!!!!!!

Evolving78

when i am not being lazy, i roll twice a week. Saturday and Tues. i really need to stick to my reggie, i don't think twice a week is bad as long as you are not rough handling. i like to dc twice a week and i like to cowash my hair once a week.

faithVA

[USER=67027 said:
smwrigh3[/USER];15139109]update: I am no longer in this challenge I am in the BSL 2012 challenge.... These pictures were taken on 1/22/12 and the blue tape measure represents APL. :yep:

Congratulations. Looks great.

Looks like you wear your bra pretty low. You may want to check if what you are considering BSL is MBL on you. Just by the look of it I think you are already BSB. You may want to consider joining the WL challenge as well.

Congratulations Again! :yay:

Evolving78

congrats smwrigh3
i think you need to check out the MBL and WL challenge too!
you wear your bra very low. i think you were APL a long time ago. were you shooting for Full APL?

indarican

smwrigh3 YOU GROW GIRL!!!! congrats!

Im still here guys, me and tammy have been rocking for like 2 weeks i think... she sheds so much but i really love not having to manipulate my hair. This is just too easy, im getting lazy.

indarican

smwrigh3 YOU GROW GIRL!!!! congrats!

Im still here guys, me and tammy have been rocking for like 2 weeks i think... she sheds so much but i really love not having to manipulate my hair. This is just too easy, im getting lazy.

TheNDofUO

Okay guys. I'm washing my hair then DCing eith ORS hair mayionnaise. Then blow drying (can't air dry I have a cold) then I will install senegalese twists. half purple half black. Wish me luck!

sajjy

Damn that's a long time! And here I am tombout I'm gonna keep these braids in till the end of February lol.

:lachen: yeah i think i might be re-braiding sometime in between

Hey does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?... I don't think my image is showing up :perplexed

smwrigh3

Thanks so much ladies! I am really excited. @NikkiQ I have been in the APL challenge SINCE I JOINED THIS SITE... SO I am a proud graduate!

I joined with my hair like this

and after my first length check it was like this

I thought it was the ugliest mess I had ever seen. That was my LAST length check. Until now.

I have since then gone natural and I am 2yrs 5months post relaxer. and a 4a/4b au natural.

@GIJane I following the LadyPanialo Deep Moist Method religiously for about a year and a half now. I think it is the best thing to happen to me and my hair! I toy around with sulfur I use it a least 3 times a week I am on my 2nd batch however when this runs out I wil not be using it again. I think I want to either let my hair be or try the yeasT infection concotion.

@faithVA @shortdub78 my roommate took the pictures for me and he moved my bra dow he said it was in the way! :lol: but then again I didnt really explain it to him. I know I want to do MBL next WL would be my wildest crazist dream! I think I would faint if I was already BSL. I am too chicken to check again. So Im going to wait until April!

Last edited: