APL 2012 Challenge

NikkiQ

Not at all. That was me on a slow day and I still haven't used my flexi rods lol

Sent by me being lazy on the couch on my Android

Evolving78

you ladies gotta try that Tresemme Naturals conditioner. i wish i didn't sleep on that when i was natural! it made my new growth so soft.

NikkiQ

shortdub78 said:
you ladies gotta try that Tresemme Naturals conditioner. i wish i didn't sleep on that when i was natural! it made my new growth so soft.

I think I may have a bottle of it in my stash. I gotta look though. Spoken like a true PJ :look:

Evolving78

i am running out of room again. i thought i could tame the PJ beast, but products be callin out to me, like they need me to buy them...:lachen:

NikkiQ

I'm laying in bed trying to figure out how many products I can clear out tomorrow during wash day. Hmm...i have so many I need to get rid of.

AyannaDivine

After 5 long years of wanting to try JBCO, I finally broke down and ordered a bottle! Right now I'm trying it out as a pre-poo. I massaged some into my scalp and then applied a nice amount to the length of my hair and covered with a shower cap. Gonna wash it out in the morning and update y'all with the results.

Evolving78

i finished my hair. i did a touchup and a roller set. i took my time. i am still up and it is almost 5am. i have been watching YT videos and reading all night as well. i am well on my way to making APL around my target goal date. i have an inch to go where i will be able to fully claim it. if i pull my hair, i'm there.

lamaria211

i finished my hair. i did a touchup and a roller set. i took my time. i am still up and it is almost 5am. i have been watching YT videos and reading all night as well. i am well on my way to making APL around my target goal date. i have an inch to go where i will be able to fully claim it. if i pull my hair, i'm there.

What relaxer do you use?

Evolving78

What relaxer do you use?

i used Mizani Regular

i allowed the relaxer to process, so when i started to smooth, it straighten right away. i based my scalp well. i had coated my ends with conditioner and a oil. i rinsed the relaxer out and did the mid protein step with Aphogee for 5mins. i rinsed and shampoo my hair like 4 times with the neutralizer and let it sit for 15 mins. my hair didn't feel dry the whole time. i didn't bother to shampoo my hair with another shampoo. i just dc'ed with Kenra moisturizing conditioner. i love that stuff. i used the last of it earlier this week, so i had to replace. it is thicker and adds more slip than Keracare Humecto.

i do have fine hair and i do tend to burn, so i just make sure i base my scalp well. i made it my business to not get relaxer on my scalp when i was applying it. it took 25mins applying and smoothing.

i love my results, but i don't know if i will be able to handle self relaxer as my hair gets longer. it was some work trying to move quickly.

Last edited:

NikkiQ

Shampooed,did my 2min Keratin treatment and now sitting here with a nice DC mixture on for an hour or so. I :love: wash day! Healthy hair takes work and not many people IRL that I know realize that. May be why their hair is a hot mess,but eh no my problem :giggle:

NewHairWOWeave

Just Checking in: Today was wash day. This week I washed with my CON Moisture Poo and DC with CON Moisture Condish with Hot 6 Oil. I air dried and then flat ironed. I am also like 5 weeks post a no lye relaxer that did not straighten my NG at all. I will wait about 2 more weeks before I do my touch up with ORS Relaxer. But the condition of my hair has improved and I am beginning to see less breakage and hairs in the comb and shower when I washed..

Imani

Still having some breakage. It seems to have improved some after my last DC. Its still freaking me out tho. Making me think the chances of me making BSL by end of 2012 are gonna be slim. I'm actually not even that pressed about BSL tho. If I can stop this breakage and be a healthy full APL by 2012 I will be happy.

Hopefully after a few more conditioning treatments and my scheduled professional trim in the spring, the breakage will get under control.

NikkiQ

Detangled and drying in 6 big twists. I plan on blowing it out later this evening then putting in some pretty small braids tomorrow.

lamaria211

i pre-pooed this morning with EVOO, EVCO and some raw honey; washed that out with SM organic coconut and hibiscus poo and now im under my heating cap for an hour with some Queen Helene Cholesterol (i also added some of my prepoo mixture to my dc) after i rinse this out im gonna use my HE LTR leave in and some Aphogee Green Tea and Keratin treatment because i plan on blow drying later!

TheNDofUO

coolsista-paris

Sorry for the double posts (as the forum is on maintainance im struggling to leave a post). i cant put the picture straight grrrrrrrrrr

Last edited:

newnyer

Decided to get off my lazy butt and wash/DC my hair. First wash post touch up (got one done 1/18 I think...need to update my siggy). I pre-poo'd with Vatika Frosting on my ends and put on a shower cap for about an hour. Then I washed w/ my Shea Moisture Retention poo. Now I'm sitting under the steamer w/ a mixture of Alter Ego, Hairveda Strinhilla (sp?) DC, honeyquat, and SAA. Let's see how this turns out!

Still thinking of getting a sew in soon....I'm tired of staring at my length after every wash/cowash. Makes me feel like I'm growing @ a snail's pace. I want to take out my weave months from now and BAM! Full APL/damn near BSL! A girl can dream...

livinthevida

Here are my latest and greatest pics of my hair air dry vs soaking wet. Sorry for the not so good images these pictures were taken using my blackberry :spinning: the camera also makes it appear as if I changed my hair color yet I did not that's a result of the camera and lighting.

What do you all think of my trim? :yep:

Dry or wet you can clearly see my thinning hair right on the top and center. It's so that both my left and right front continues to grow yet the top middle is thinning unsure why :perplexed

Attachments

• wethairaftertrim.JPG
    wethairaftertrim.JPG
    15.2 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

coolsista-paris

Decided to get off my lazy butt and wash/DC my hair. First wash post touch up (got one done 1/18 I think...need to update my siggy). I pre-poo'd with Vatika Frosting on my ends and put on a shower cap for about an hour. Then I washed w/ my Shea Moisture Retention poo. Now I'm sitting under the steamer w/ a mixture of Alter Ego, Hairveda Strinhilla (sp?) DC, honeyquat, and SAA. Let's see how this turns out!

Still thinking of getting a sew in soon....I'm tired of staring at my length after every wash/cowash. Makes me feel like I'm growing @ a snail's pace. I want to take out my weave months from now and BAM! Full APL/damn near BSL! A girl can dream...

newner : i feel the same way. my brain and hands just go ,get the hair and check the length grrrr. i have to stop !! im with a wig as you can see the pic above. since..im starting tomorrow...

mami2010

Sprayed in my potion today. My spritz consists of:

Rosewater
Aloe Vera juice
Hot six oil
Coconut oil
Olive oil
Sweet orange oil
Argan oil

I love this mix. It makes my hair so soft and it really helps thicken up my edges.

HauteHippie

Okay... I've finally overdone it with the henna, hard protein and tea rinses! In the last month and a half or so, I've done 4 or 5 henna or cassia glosses, 2 2-step apoghee treatments, at least 6 tea rinses and I mix Mane and Tail conditioner in with my silk dreams. It isn't breaking yet, but it feels kind of stiffish. Time to cool it.

SavannahNatural

Finally made my flax seed gel! Can't wait to use it on my mini twists!! I wanted to add some EVOO to it, but I forgot to grab some from the store; oh well next batch!!

Last edited:

blueberryd

@HauteHippie
I recently found a stash of henna and cassia that I never even opened 0_0
lol anyways I want to use it up and was wondering how you do your cassia/henna gloss treatments?
TIA

Last edited:

lilyofthenile

Scalp massaged today! I didn't really do it that much this week but I have been staying on top of my daily conditioning. I spritz my hair with water, then apply AvoSoya by Hairveda and use Whipped Ends Hydration by Hairveda also. I'm trying the LOC method and I'll see if it works for me or not.