APL 2012 Challenge

sydwrites

Washed with a Garlic Shampoo and then the Elucence Moisturizing poo since I had a shedding issue in the past. I used the CD Monoi Conditioner as a light protein then followed up with Gloss Moderne Mask which my hair loves! I knew it was going to rain today so I just did flat-twists with rods at the ends that I let airdry.

Aggie

Hey Aggie, I actually like the Blue Chamomile. I went to the store to buy the White Camellia and for some reason I had a brain freeze and bought the Blue Chamomile instead :perplexed:. I did not like the AO HSR because its too thick, lays on my hair and doesn't penetrate. The Blue Chamomile is thinner and moisturizes well. I can use it for 20 minutes under a heat cap and have great results. WARNING, it smells somewhat medicated and I can't tell you why. But I'm not a big smell person so it doesn't bother me. And after I rinse and apply a leave-in, I don't smell it.

Comparing it to White Camellia, I like White Camellia as well. White Camellia is thinner and easier to apply, It works as well and as quickly as the Blue Chamomile. And it doesn't smell medicated.

I think the reason I have chosen to go with the White Camellia over the Blue Chamomile, because the White Camellia is thinner, easier to apply to curly textures and I think I can use less of it than the Blue Chamomile. But results wise I think they are comparable.

That's my short answer. :lol:

Thanks a million faithVA for such a thorough review. I :love: White Camellia as well so I know I will love the Blue Chamomile. HSR is very thick and works better on dry hair imo and so that is how I choose to use it.

I will be trying the HSR mixed in some hot coconut and/or evoo on wet hair next and see how that works for me. This way, it's thinned out a little without losing it's conditioning properties.

menina

Believing the book of Revelations
i've been lurking but not posting cause i didn't wanna post without pics.
i tried my first updo this year and used the shea moisture curl & shine kit products. i posted the pics in another challenge thread.
shea moisture updo
i've still been shampooing and dcing with the shea moisture kit trying to use it different ways to see how it can work. i tried matrix biolage deep smoothing shampoo and it was nice.
last week i shampooed with ORS aloe shampoo then shea moisture shampoo, dc'ed with ORS pak under the dryer, used mizani thermasmooth serum to blow dry and then flat ironed my hair.

Evolving78

today is a cowash/dc day. i'm going to roll on large roller to get my hair more straight and use the big and medium ones for a curly set this weekend.

faithVA

I'm currently wearing my hair with mini twists in the front and a bun in the back. I like the bun but bunning every morning is tooooo much for me :lol: I am a minimalist so as soon as possible this hair will be going back into some twists. I would rather spend more time 1x a week styling my hair then a minutes every day styling my hair :ohwell:

I will leave the bun for emergencies and special occasions :yep:

pookaloo83

I have a lajay wig in my closet collecting dust. I hated it on me when I put it on. What a waste. :lol:

So last night I made some type of concoction. Lol water, hot 6 oil, and suave strawberries and cream conditioner. I sprayed that on my scalp and halfway down my braids.

growbaby

-Checking in
Still in my 1st full weave. Saturday will mark week 3. I'm sad to say that I'm already ALMOST sick of it. Waaaaaaaay more maintenance than throwing my hair in a bun in the A.M.:nono: But my goal was to have it for 4 weeks and i am still hoping to last that long (which is until FEB, 4).

gvin89

:peek:***Peeking in***

I think I may join you all....my longest layer is SL :shocked:. I may be able to make APL by December 2012. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :thought:

NaturalfienD

Hello Chicky Babes,

I have attached the pix of my yarn twists that took HELLA long for me to finish but it was definitely worth the hard work (the twists are about waist length on me.) I hope you all enjoy --

@pookaloo83 I posted the pix per your request girlfriend ... by the way, love the freaking name!

back[1].JPG

long side.jpg

side.jpg

lilyofthenile

Just added a leave in and kinda sealed. Glad I had the time to do that... just wondering when I will scalp massage next b/c I haven't done it in days.

tiredbeauty

Just called Ulta in my area and they have Nioxin for $30.00! for the 90 count! They say it's on "clearance" but I just looked at amazon and the price is comparable and I don't have to wait for shipping! I asked the women to hold them for me as there was only 2 left! I'm there! :yep:

kupenda

Hi ladies! I got my hair curled this past few weekend and my coworkers were all in my scalp today. They're more worried about how I'm taking care of it than I am. "are you gonna pincurl? What about flexis?" nosey people. I'm just going to bed. I'm not fussing with these curls. When they fall I'll just add some coconut oil and wrap it next week.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF :)

Aggie

Just did my sulfur/jbco scalp masssage, moisturized with BB Oil Moisturizer and sealed my ends with jbco.

kupenda

i am drinking more water now that my SO picked me up a Bobble water bottle. Have you ladies seen them? I really like it but the carbon particles never fully go away. The company says its alright and I know carbon dust in the system isnt bad for you, but I did expect the dust to go away. I was tempted to take it back but decided not to because most of the water I drink comes from the water fountain in an elementary school of a very poor neighborhood. Not taking any chances :nono: I would much rather have filtered water with a little extra carbon than to have unfiltered water with tons of unmentionables *barf*

BlkOnyx488

Checking in!
Still in my braids from the beginning of the month I am starting to get that itch to take them out. hopefully I can make it a full 6 weeks at least. LOL I am so lame.

AryaStarr258

I kinda stepped away from my challenges for a minute but I am BACK and checking in!

Tonight is washing and DCing night. Then I'll moisturize, throw it in a bun, and let it dry. I'm trying to keep way from my flat iron for at least two weeks, and I'm already a week in. I also dusted yesterday, so all is well in my world of hair:yep:

livinthevida

SO EXCITED TO JOIN THIS YEAR'S APL 2012 CHALLENGE!!!

COUNT ME IN!!!

~Current hair length
When dry my hair rests at the nape of my neck, when wet my hair rests just past my shoulders. I might pick up shears this weekend to trim my ends. My last trim was July 2011!! My hair rested at my ears when dry or wet it was very short then!

~Relaxed/Natura/Texlaxed/Loc'd
All Natural

~APL goal month
December 1, 2012. I think with my thinning hair I need to first address this issue. I know it will take some to heal before I can start to see healthier hair and build a solid growth regime that really works.

~Current Reggie and styling choices
My current reggie is very low maintenance:

My current styling choices are low manipulation and maintenance (less daily brushing, less use of a wide detangling comb, more gentle separation of hair if tangled and more finger combing - since using the coconut oil this process has become VERY EASY to do):

• weekdays - after working out I do a cool rinse and apply Nature's Way Organic Coconut Oil, 16 Ounce and set my hair in small rollers (front of head) to medium size rollers (back of head). If I am lazy I split my hair down the middle from front to back into two parts, do a two-strand twist on each part, and roll into a bun like Princess Leia of Star Wars :grin: it actually works when wanting less frizz!
  • weekends - Saturday I apply the coconut oil and split hair into 2 parts like above. Sunday afternoon or evening I apply Macadamia Oil Deep Repair Mask, 8.5 ounces Jar and leave in my hair for 20 minutes. I cool rinse and let air dry. After completely dry I apply Nature's Way Organic Coconut Oil, 16 Ounce set my hair in rollers or go for a natural curly look with two-strand twist. For more body I twist into two parts in the front of my head or twist up and to the back of my head for volume and big hair
~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to APL?
If I were to change anything I would invest in a satin pillow. Currently I really can't stand the idea of wrapping my hair at night :look: so picking up a satin pillow should do the trick!

~Post a beginning picture
These pictures were taken on Saturday 1.21.12 to show my thinning hair. I tried Biotin yet my body does not agree. I am joining this challenge to start a safer and healthier approach to heal my scalp and improve my thinning hair while reaching APL GOAL! I return this weekend 1.28.12 to post current length pics when dry and wet after trimming these ends!

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 22
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 21

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
Checking in!
Still in my braids from the beginning of the month I am starting to get that itch to take them out. hopefully I can make it a full 6 weeks at least. LOL I am so lame.

this is me, I want to take mine out now and my braids actually don't look bad.

KaramelKutie803

So I got some kinky twists done on the 19th. I'm hoping to keep these in until March sometime. I did a protein treatment beforehand with ORS Replenshing Pak. I'm trying to find a good moisturizing braid spray to use instead of my Taliah Waajid Protective Bodifier Mist because I see it has protein in it and I don't want to do a protein overload like I did with my last sew-in.