APL 2012 Challenge

NikkiQ

OMG bajandoc86 when I was washing out my DC the other day, I left a stray hair out of one of the clipped sections by mistake and was able to grab it from behind. I almost freaked out and fell down in the shower girl!

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
:bump:

Ever since that trim the other day, the ends of my Celies aren't as fuzzy wuzzy as usual. Very happy about that!

I know I'm happy with my ends..I'm going into 100% protective style mode until the end of the year. I'm praying for at least an inch.:pray:

SouthernScienceNerd

Hi, everyone :hiya:

Don't kill me but...I have not posted for any of the check-ins. I signed up for this challenge under another screen name (I recently had it changed) but school has been taking up all of time. I decided to come in and give you all a bit of an update. I seem to have exceeded my expectations. I think I'm grazing BSL.:blush: Good luck on reaching your goals by December 31.

(At the start of this challenge, I was grazing CBL)

Attachments

• 20121030_204539.jpg
    20121030_204539.jpg
    499.1 KB · Views: 57
  • 20121028_180145-1.jpg
    20121028_180145-1.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 52

livinthevida

Don't kill me but...I have not posted for any of the check-ins. I signed up for this challenge under another screen name (I recently had it changed) but school has been taking up all of time. I decided to come in and give you all a bit of an update. I seem to have exceeded my expectations. I think I'm grazing BSL.:blush: Good luck on reaching your goals by December 31.

Congratulations! SouthernScienceNerd! Really Beautiful hair too! :yep:

NikkiQ

I think I'm gonna attempt to bun for the rest of the year. All these freaking bunning results I've been seeing is all I need to see to convince me. I just hope sock bunning will work just as well.

Sent from my Android...Boom.

Blairx0

I think I'm gonna attempt to bun for the rest of the year. All these freaking bunning results I've been seeing is all I need to see to convince me. I just hope sock bunning will work just as well.

Why not stretch and make your own bun. Your got plenty if hair.

Bunning works for me but wet Bunning left me with ssk that I couldn't believe

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
NikkiQ said:

NikkiQ what is sock binning and how is it done??

NikkiQ

Why not stretch and make your own bun. Your got plenty if hair.

Bunning works for me but wet Bunning left me with ssk that I couldn't believe

I wanted to incorporate cowashing into my reggie again so I didn't think i'd be able to stretch my hair much if I was cowashing every 2 or 3 days.

Blairx0

I wanted to incorporate cowashing into my reggie again so I didn't think i'd be able to stretch my hair much if I was cowashing every 2 or 3 days.

Good point. You will have to report back how it works for you. I know you have written your hair is porous, so you results may differ from mine because your hair will actually dry in less than 30 hours

Carmelella

My hair today:

Twist out on underprocessed texlax ( really thinking about a corrective at least in the front. The front is just two flat twist pinned to the back. The back was my twist out that I did some sort of roll and pin with so that my ends were tucked in.

It was done on semi air dried hair thanks to Sandy :). Will try again on lightly blown out hair.

And yes,.. It's 4:50am and I'm bored at work, lol

image-1992613593.jpg

image-914362078.jpg

image-3695843281.jpg

Carmelella

SouthernScienceNerd said:

Ooo lala!! Very pretty and bouncy!!

Carmelella

SouthernScienceNerd said:

Ooo lala!! Very pretty and bouncy!!

Guinan

Re-Branding
My hair today:

Twist out on underprocessed texlax ( really thinking about a corrective at least in the front. The front is just two flat twist pinned to the back. The back was my twist out that I did some sort of roll and pin with so that my ends were tucked in.

It was done on semi air dried hair thanks to Sandy :). Will try again on lightly blown out hair.

And yes,.. It's 4:50am and I'm bored at work, lol

View attachment 175095

View attachment 175097

View attachment 175099

Your hair looks super cute!:yep: I luv how shiney it looks and how defined the waves are:drunk:

NikkiQ

Very pretty Carmelella!!! Love how it turned out. How long are you gonna rock the twist out? It's really cute. I'd stretch that sucka til I couldn't anymore :lol:

Carmelella

NikkiQ

I want to try it out on slightly blown out hair so not for long, lol. After that last attempt I promise to keep my hands out my hair for at least 5 days. :D

SincerelyBeautiful

Co washed last nite then M&S my ends only since I was lazy then put in a bun that I somehow created for the first time lol. Anyway, I tied it up with my satin scarf and threw my satin bonnet on top and off to bed I went. I woke up and moisturized the front and back parts of my hair to make sure it was slick and shiny like my bun and I think I may start bunning more. Well at least bun more in 2013.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

NikkiQ

Taking the Celies down today so that I can stretch them a bit for the weekend in case I go anywhere and wanna rock big hair. Then it's the beginning of 2 months of bunning starting Monday.

SincerelyBeautiful

NikkiQ said:
Taking the Celies down today so that I can stretch them a bit for the weekend in case I go anywhere and wanna rock big hair. Then it's the beginning of 2 months of bunning starting Monday.

Maybe I should be your bunning buddy starting Monday as well since I want to start bunning more. Just to see how much retention I get.....

Sent from my iPad using LHCF