APL 2012 Challenge

Carmelella

Firstborn2 said:
Welp, I took down my hair and it looks like I will have to cut about an inch or two off. My ends are tangling bad. I dusted in september but I guess that wasn't good enough. It's back to the drawing board for me. I'm a slow grower I know I will not regain the 2inches lost by the end of dec...:cry:

Maybe dc and dry on rollers using end papers first to see if it's necessary. Surgery is always the last solution!! Lol

Carmelella

Iluvsmuhgrass said:
Y'all, my Maxiglide DIED!!!!!! What is we gon' do????!?!?!?!?!?!!!! :cry: I bought it on QVC or HSN and they no longer carry it. *sniffle* I had it for several years. I don't want another flat iron unless it's a Maxiglide. :nono:

Aww. Well if times r not hard, ur old Maxi went away only to make room for a new one. It was meant to be. ;)

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
NikkiQ thank you for the support! Girl, I get so frustrated, when I think of where I could have been in my hair journey. I suffered a major set back when I lived in Vegas for a yr due to hard water. Now I'm back on the right track, I have seen major progress during this yr and now I need to cut off a few inches. I know it's for the health of my hair but I don't like it,:look:

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
Maybe dc and dry on rollers using end papers first to see if it's necessary. Surgery is always the last solution!! Lol

Thank you for your advice, I'm dc'ing now and I will definitely follow your suggestion. I'm just confused as to how this happened. I called myself babying my ends. I PS 24/7, dusted a few times and yet I still may need to perform surgery(cute):giggle:

Seamonster

Let us bow our heads in a moment of silence for @Iluvsmuhgrass and the loss of her beloved Maxiglide. May she rest in peace in that big salon in the sky :cry3:

Takes hat off and places it upon the heart
'Dear Lord we come to you today not for ourselves, but for the beautiful hair that you blessed us with.
For it was you that gave Maxi the ability to glide on into hair product heaven.
Pour VO5 for another solder gone home.
Let the church say :amen:

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
Ok I need to research the LOC all of these acronyms I need to stay current! My hair is officially put up until December hopefully the second week I need to keep my weave in for 6 wks *crossing my fingers I make it till then* I officially (almost) have 9 months until the big move I want to make it to BSL by then Lord willing.....*Iphone praying hands smilie inserted right here* lol
I do the LOC method on my hair and love it. Great for the winter. :lick: (L)iquid, (O)il, and (C)ream. I orgianlly heard about it from a group on Hairlista - here.

NikkiQ

Takes hat off and places it upon the heart
'Dear Lord we come to you today not for ourselves, but for the beautiful hair that you blessed us with.
For it was you that gave Maxi the ability to glide on into hair product heaven.
Pour VO5 for another solder gone home.
Let the church say :amen:

Amen!

Sent from my Android...Boom.

NikkiQ

Here a length check pull before my much needed trim and the aftermath of my cutting. I really needed it and my ends feel so much better!!

2012-10-29 16.30.51-1.jpg

2012-10-29 18.41.00-1.jpg

Sent from my Android...Boom.

itsjusthair88

Chronically at BSL -_-
You guys, I HATE my straight hair :( it won't lay right, it keeps getting caught in my purse strap and whenever it rubs against my clothes I cringe because I am sure the friction is causing me a setback, and I just don't like it...

AND on top of it all, I'm 98.999999% I am not going to make APL by December, so yea...I'm unhappy with my hair.

jprayze

You guys, I HATE my straight hair :( it won't lay right, it keeps getting caught in my purse strap and whenever it rubs against my clothes I cringe because I am sure the friction is causing me a setback, and I just don't like it...

AND on top of it all, I'm 98.999999% I am not going to make APL by December, so yea...I'm unhappy with my hair.

Have you tried bunning?

jprayze

Just checking in...I guess Sandy is about to leave our area soon (I hope). I'm totally caught up on my hair tasks, which is strange because I've been in the house since last night. I prepooed and cowashed last night, DC'd overnight, tea rinsed, hair is twisted in about 10 twists, M&S'd, MN mix applied this am, EO blend applied this evening, scarf tying hair down, satin bonnet on top and all my vits have been taken. Now trying to make myself drink a bit more water before this day is done.

I had planned to get my hair flat ironed tomorrow...not happening! Maybe Wednesday? Thinking of purchasing some new DCs, but I'm going to wait for BF and do a BIG HAUL!:grin:

jprayze

Just checking in...I guess Sandy is about to leave our area soon (I hope). I'm totally caught up on my hair tasks, which is strange because I've been in the house since last night. I prepooed and cowashed last night, DC'd overnight, tea rinsed, hair is twisted in about 10 twists, M&S'd, MN mix applied this am, EO blend applied this evening, scarf tying hair down, satin bonnet on top and all my vits have been taken. Now trying to make myself drink a bit more water before this day is done.

I had planned to get my hair flat ironed tomorrow...not happening! Maybe Wednesday? Thinking of purchasing some new DCs, but I'm going to wait for BF and do a BIG HAUL!:grin:

Hmmm....maybe I will flat iron my own hair tomorrow since I have some time on my hands and my hair is already prepped...guess it depends if I still have power, if I have to go to work Wed....so many variables...

Miss AJ

Although I wasn't in this challenge I was growing right along with y'all and I made APL in August. I definitely wanna join the BSL in 2013 challenge!

RayRayFurious

Whooo hooo about BSL challenge.

P.S. I'm getting my hair straightened tomorrow. What temp and how many passes do you think is good? I'm natural mostly 4a...APL....if that helps.

SincerelyBeautiful

Last nite I M&S then put up into my favorite Bantu knots and threw on my satin bonnet. Was going to co wash but got lazy..smh..so now I'm trying to debate if I want to co wash today or tomorrow nite. I think tomorrow sounds better since it's the middle of the week.

OAN: Wishing it was Wednesday already so that NikkiQ can start the BSL 2013 challenge!!! I'm ready to grow and conquer lol

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

lamaria211

Just moisturized with Tresemme naturals and sealed it in with EVOCO! My hair is so soft now I have to put it in a bun to avoid hih disease:)
I trimmed another 1/4" and then I broke my scissors I can't stop cutting, I'll buy new ones in February

itsjusthair88

Chronically at BSL -_-
NikkiQ I have tried! I really have...my hair, when loose, just does NOT like to bun, I think you have a good inch or 2 on me as well...about to get braids, I've never obsessed over my hair until the past few months and it has got to stop. Thanks for encouragement and help <3