APL 2012 Challenge

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Carmelella said:
What is up with the iPhone, this board, and all the "parse" messages?? Am I the only one.

Anywho, back with pics from my touchup tex-lax after 19 ish weeks. Next time I will do the back and front separately cuz I feel like I had little control this time.

And yes... I overdid the keracare and coconut oil,.. And no,... I will not rewash, lol. I'm just gonna have to work with it till next wash day.

ORS regular relaxer, placenta pack protein tx pre neutralizer, CON neutralizer, suave humectress conditioner ( had nothing else on hand), s-curl spray, keracare moisturizing hair dress, coconut oil :look:

July 2012

Now blowdried

now flat ironed

Now I see why there are so many Ninjas here! When u r really close, and maybe there, every movement changes the pic! Hands up, hands down, am I leaning?, is my back straight, my shirt is ruffled, can I subtract the armpit fat?? Ugh.. Too much. All I know is my hair is the LONGEST it's ever been :yay: and I'm so happy. I can't wait to be a ninja.

Next week: aphogee two step tx

Goals: grow my front side (??) longer. They reach my cheekbones ( previous damage, and stylist accidentally cutting my hair when shaping a weave).

Dec 2013: bottom of bra strap!!!

Curling my hair on rods tonight to give it more body.

Your hair looks great!! You'll be a ninja soon lady, so will I!!

"Now I see why there are so many Ninjas here! When u r really close, and maybe there, every movement changes the pic! Hands up, hands down, am I leaning?, is my back straight, my shirt is ruffled, can I subtract the armpit fat?? Ugh.. Too much. All I know is my hair is the LONGEST it's ever been :yay: and I'm so happy. I can't wait to be a ninja!"

This is so true! I took a million pictures for my recent length check. I don't have DD or DH help take pictures because they are soo bad at it, LOL.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Carmelella said:
My hair 1 year ago. I see lots of progress. I trimmed quite a bit in this last year.

I see some growth but nothing spectacular. As I mentioned earlier, line four is APL. I think I can make it by 12/31, what do you think? I'm going on a serious CW and no manipulation binge for the remainder of the year. I CAN DO THIS!!!

OASN: I love what hennidigo is doing to my hair. The color is just right.

The Auburn streaks are my grays!

I'm a henna/indigo head for life!

Great progress, loooove the color, and very nice hair!! Is henna drying? and it is permanent?[/QUOTE]

Thanks Carmelella. Henna is drying so you have to do a very moisturizing deep conditioning immediately after you rinse the henna out. Yes, henna is permanent.

NikkiQ

Trying to figure out what I can dress up as for another Halloween party tonight. Might have to bust out the fro on them out here. IDK if PR can handle big red hair :lol:

itsjusthair88

Chronically at BSL -_-
Hey ladies, got my hair pressed for the first time in 2 years, I think I'm grazing APL, but I'm going to give it until the end of December before I try and claim it...PS this was BEFORE she trimmed it, but it is pretty much the same length.

Last edited:

NikkiQ

Gonna make tonight part 1 of wash day. Gonna wash and DC in sections tonight and leave the DC on until tomorrow afternoon. Gotta figure out if I wanna stick with Celies or try to bun more often.

KaramelDiva1978

Thank you ladies NikkiQ irisak!!! I've been dancing in the mirror and whipping my hurr back n forth since yesterday :lachen:! I have to enjoy it, I only wear my hair in french braids and buns, so having it down and straight is a true treat....protective styling on lock now while I try to get to BSB or BSL whichever comes first. I'll be working out again tonight, so I'll sweat out this
'do quick. The sacrifices we make for hair and body, lol.

:yay::yay::yay::yay:

Phaer

I am going to try a coconut cream "relaxer " tonight, I will sleep with it and try out a tea rinse tomorrow.

itsjusthair88

Chronically at BSL -_-
ThanksNikkiQ my long-time hairstylist/really good friend did it...I really can't tell if I made APL or not so...some help would be...helpful, lol

So anyway, I learned the disadvantage of having straight hair longer than whatever the "norm" is and being a Black woman: people feel it is their RIGHT to put their hands in your scalp!!! THREE people have done it since yesterday, I'm like WTF?!?!?!?! Anyway, i wore it up today with a little wire headband I got from Korea and I tried a new method of cross-wrapping I learned from Mskibibion YT, so let's see how it looks in the morning.

p.s. is there a BSL 2013 thread yet?

Evolving78

i haven't dc'ed in a week. i will dc tuesday. wish i didn't have to go in and out of the shower. plus i was in a rush Saturday morning. i would have been late for work. i wore a nice bun. my SO said he liked it a lot. i won't do that high bun again, until i reach MBL.

Kb3auty

just watched the LOC method, i will definitely be implementing this into my regi. still in my 8 section braids. Gonna wash and DC tomorrow night and leave it on overnight. I'll start with the LOC Tuesday, do the baggy method at the same time.

HG

NikkiQ

ThanksNikkiQ my long-time hairstylist/really good friend did it...I really can't tell if I made APL or not so...some help would be...helpful, lol

So anyway, I learned the disadvantage of having straight hair longer than whatever the "norm" is and being a Black woman: people feel it is their RIGHT to put their hands in your scalp!!! THREE people have done it since yesterday, I'm like WTF?!?!?!?! Anyway, i wore it up today with a little wire headband I got from Korea and I tried a new method of cross-wrapping I learned from Mskibibion YT, so let's see how it looks in the morning.

p.s. is there a BSL 2013 thread yet?

Do you have a pic that shows your arm pits so we can see how close you are? BSL 2013 will officially open for business on Wednesday :yep:

Sent from my Android...Boom.

polished07

Ok I need to research the LOC all of these acronyms I need to stay current! My hair is officially put up until December hopefully the second week I need to keep my weave in for 6 wks *crossing my fingers I make it till then* I officially (almost) have 9 months until the big move I want to make it to BSL by then Lord willing.....*Iphone praying hands smilie inserted right here* lol

itsjusthair88

Chronically at BSL -_-
Do you have a pic that shows your arm pits so we can see how close you are? BSL 2013 will officially open for business on Wednesday :yep:

Sent from my Android...Boom.

I'll try and get someone to take one tomorrow...although I have a hard time getting them to help :perplexed

and great, I'll be looking forward to the challenge I'm sooooo excited to be chasing BSL

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
Welp, I took down my hair and it looks like I will have to cut about an inch or two off. My ends are tangling bad. I dusted in september but I guess that wasn't good enough. It's back to the drawing board for me. I'm a slow grower I know I will not regain the 2inches lost by the end of dec...:cry:

lamaria211

I DC overnight and now I'm cowsashing with tresemme naturals, this time I'm leaving it in for a few minutes instead of just rinsing it right out, I'm also going to try my tresemme leave in for the first time ill report back on how I like or don't like it

NikkiQ

Welp, I took down my hair and it looks like I will have to cut about an inch or two off. My ends are tangling bad. I dusted in september but I guess that wasn't good enough. It's back to the drawing board for me. I'm a slow grower I know I will not regain the 2inches lost by the end of dec...:cry:

Don't give up Firstborn2! Those 2" off will just make your hair that much better when you reach APL again and beyond :bighug:

NikkiQ

^^^I tried the split remedy leave in before in the white bottle. It was a cream though. I really liked it, but it wasn't think enough for me to detangle with.

longhairdreaming

Hey ladies, hope all our East coast people are safe in that weather you have going on.

Been straightening every two weeks and applying coconut oil while its straight. So far so good. I'm keeping an eye on my ends to see if this new regimen will work.

Evolving78

tee shirt drying my hair now. i am just going to finger detangle my hair, instead of using a comb. i washed my hair Saturday and don't feel like using a comb this early in the game again. i am going to air dry and bun.

i did give myself a light protein treatment today. i am slowly returning protein back into my reggie. i will only stick with the Aphogee 2 min. i won't use anything harder than that. i will give myself a protein treatment every 2 weeks, or when needed.

Iluvsmuhgrass

Y'all, my Maxiglide DIED!!!!!! What is we gon' do????!?!?!?!?!?!!!! :cry: I bought it on QVC or HSN and they no longer carry it. *sniffle* I had it for several years. I don't want another flat iron unless it's a Maxiglide. :nono: